We Have Gone Backwards On Detection Depth Since 1973

Tom

I remember that the plug for the coil looked like a plug for a 220 outlet but it worked. Thanks for the time travel back when everything came up silver.

Chuck

9 hours ago, Hobo said:

I was in Oklahoma around 196?  and Bill Mahan was demostrating the paper money detecting ability of his D Tex detectors. They did produce a weak signal at very close distance, not sure if it was the paper money or the BS that was detected. I was also using  a Whites BFO at that time

It works, I've done it. The ink used in paper money has iron in it, any good BFO will detect it but only an inch or so away.

4 hours ago, Geotech said:

It works, I've done it. The ink used in paper money has iron in it, any good BFO will detect it but only an inch or so away.

I couldn't help my curiosity after reading this so I got up and tested it. Figured I'd make a quick vid to share results if anyone is curious. I don't have a BFO detector but I still got some results on the GB2. I can sleep well now knowing. :biggrin:

• Like 3

Back in 1977, the catalog for my 1st detector, a "C Scope IB100" (UK make / Newforce) stated: 16" inches on a single coin and 2 ft and greater for larger objects!"

• 2 weeks later...