kiwijw

GPZ 19 Coil & Other Matters

15 posts in this topic

Hi guys, As a lot of you will be aware the New 19" Zed coil has been getting a bit of a bashing on some forums. Namely in Australia where the coil has been out for a bit of time now. Not only that, but personal attacks on one person in particular. Jonathan Porter. A person who many of us have a lot of respect for & a person who has shared much over the years that has benefited us all in our pursuit of detecting for gold. I know he has personally helped me immensely over the years both with his unselfish sharing of what he has learnt by not only posting up on forums but in his videos & personal emails & products.  It is all very well & good to voice an opinion on a product, good or bad. If bad then hopefully the bad has some credibility to it & that the manufacturers sit up & take notice. But when that bad is directed to an individual, & continues to be directed to that individual in a relentless barrage then it is no wonder that that person clams up & goes silent. As has happened in the past.
For the benefit of you guys in the States that maybe dont frequent the Aussie forums, I put up this link.   http://golddetecting.4umer.net/t24682-gpz-19-coil-and-other-matters

Best of luck out there

JW :smile:
6 people like this

One thing about the knockers they are consistent in their comments, every new ML product, but also very consistently are proven totally wrong with time. Tis very depressing to me as we are running out of OZ companies, and to see one that leads the world by light years when it comes to gold detectors, yet their critics are OZ not only depressing they are insulting every OZ. 

I have proven on another OZ 4M this "hate" of Minelab just rubs off on anyone who publically defends Minelab. The main thing is as you have done JW we acknowledge JPs public courageous frankness and bat with him openly.

4 people like this

Yes, stand up for the right!  I rarely post on the Oz forum but when I see the dogs attacking the wolf I have to jump in...not that JP is unable to take care of his self...

from thousands of miles away, we got your back, Jonathan.

fred

5 people like this

I read the remarks in the link above. Jonathan Porter is an advocate whose reputation, experience and knowledge is impossible to dispute. His public stance is always clear and open. The thread has been provided with positive evidence both visual and experiential of the new coil's effectiveness so it makes the rudeness, suspicion and cynicism on display especially off-putting and sad.

3 people like this

Yeah unfortuently these Aussie forums demand truth and proof and when you give them proof they just dismiss it anyway.  They are taking constructive criticism to a whole new level and the hard part is most of them are running around with Minelabs in their hands.  JP has given us ways to use our Z's and with his new conservative settings for the Z19 really having an impact these haters should just suck it up a try, it's only been out for 2 months anyway and who has put enough hours on it yet to say otherwise.

2 people like this

Good on JP for not giving up, I would have.

If you were to come on the internet looking for info on the 19" coil all you would read about is the opinions of the overly loud minority.  Most people I know agree with JP but dont even bother replying there as its not worth the accusations of conspiracy theories that will start flying around.

2 people like this

Hi Fred, It was your posting on the Aussie forum that got me to put that link up on here. I dont want to appear have my head up JP's backside but I know a lot of you guys will have the same respect for Jonathan & all he has contributed to detecting over the years as I & many others have. Jonathan will know that there is a lot of respect & support for him out there but nice for him to be reminded amongst the flak. So hopefully he will stick around & not go silent as has happened in the past. Negativity does have the effect to wear you down so thanks guys for standing up & showing him your support in your comments & feedback.

Happy hunting

JW  

3 people like this

Hi Steve, Thanks to you too, for all your contributions to the detecting world over the years & for your heavy handed approach on any thing negative. It makes this forum rock & a great place to be with like minded people.

Best of luck out there

JW

3 people like this

Nothing wrong with being a Minelab dealer or representative, . JP has contributed so much to help shorten our learning curve and  get us out and to find gold with confidence. He is not just another salesman, he worked his way ground up by becoming a successful nuggethunter and now an entrepreneur. I say good for him,  and wish him much success.

5 people like this