Metal Detecting For Native Silver

Jim Hemingway over at Treasure net from Ontario detects the silver region and has some incredible finds.

Steve, I believe you have posted on some of his threads.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Reno Chris said:

Going to be trying this at a few little silver prospects this spring.

Nice silver specimens often sell for more than their equivalent weights in gold (for gold that is not crystalline).

Your Minelab native silver article was an enjoyable read Chris, as was your instructive native silver thread started here a short while ago. Frankly I've never paid much attention to pricing, but yes it is shocking to me to learn what even dealers will pay for material that I can't be bothered bringing home.

I recently posted an article to TreasureNet entitled Recreational Prospecting in the Silverfields of Northeastern Ontario at http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/525046-recreational-prospecting-silverfields-northeastern-ontario.html should you have any interest or spare time.

Emphasis is placed on effectively searching abandoned minesite tailings disposal areas characterized by an overabundance of iron and other miscellaneous modern waste materials while employing VLF units. References to F75 and the White's MXT are frequent in regard to discussions about features and their usages in such environs.

That's it for now, your ideas interest me... good luck with your tentative plans. :cool: 

Jim.

20161128_022107.jpg

• Like 7

I too have a goal to detect some native silver this year as well. I have a few areas that I'm planning to hunt south of Tucson. I've seen nice stuff come out of Tombstone as well but it's though to find open ground to detect. 

Wow! Thanks for posting this topic......Steve, Chris,  and.....just read Jim's whole article! Thank You Very Much for writing that Great bit of info! another addition to the bucket list! Native Silver Specie   ...... :biggrin: 

• Like 1