Have White MX Sport Problems Been Fixed?

Hello Shelton, I got my Maxy last week. Still testing everything out. I tried to simulate your problems, got few buttons but none of them double layer, i will try everything double layer from now. So far Maxy performs well, no tones/seperation issue,  no pinpoint problem, no crack but then again I just got mine. Hope you can find the solutions for the bug u have now. HH

I was send my video to Whites UK. I'm waiting for answer. Everything is working ok except those buttons.

On 1/16/2017 at 8:22 AM, tboykin said:

The MX Sport storm is over, have been hearing mostly good things from customers for the past few months (except for a few complaints of SNOW). Our new Chinese distributor can help you with sourcing one-

Hefei DaWan HuiCheng Electronics and Technology Ltd.
Sales area: China
Building 7, Renhe Keji Yuan, No.87, Road Yangqiao,
Shushan District, Hefei, China
Telephone:+86-18655110632
Telephone 2:+86-0551-65184208
Fax:+86-055165184109
dacheng@chinaokm.com

My concern would be that I would hope the new distributor is not selling counterfeit  knockoffs.......... 

Just because a company is in China does not mean they engage in illegal activity. Seems like a baseless accusation to me - more likely that White's would choose a distributor they are reasonably sure engages in honest business practices. Do you have any information to support your accusations against this particular company?

Shelton, I am trying to understand the problem you are having. Is the erratic id only when the target is close to the DD coil? Or at all distances from the coil?

I have been experiencing problems with many of the new generation of very high gain metal detectors that employ DD coils, when over shallow targets. There are at least three signals, one off each edge and one in the middle, which generate complex signals that sound like trash. Made much worse in mixed close targets! Lifting the coil helps but it does make me wish for a concentric coil, or a small coil.

If what you are seeing is with targets very close, directly under the stock DD coil it would not surprise me. If at some distance, 6 inches of more, than it looks like a detector problem, and as far as I am aware the latest MX Sport builds are stable.

It took less than 3 minutes to find the Chinese company's webpage. It certianly looks legit.  They also handle XP and First Texas Products detectors (in the same 3 minutes I found links to XP and FT pages listing the Chinese company).

A tiny bit of curiosity and a few minutes work can do much to prevent pointless speculation.

http://www.chinaokm.com/

Here's a link to the Teknetics website showing them as a dealer

https://www.sptlt.com/156-hefei-dawan-huicheng-electronics-and-technology-co-ltd

Only with this kind of old russian military buttons... two layers buttons. Other items appears to be good...

Steve, when object is close to coil signal breaks and jumpy more... is typical trash response. If you compare to bottle cap is few times worst...

Other buttons and coins are ok. So, we have here broken coil, broken software or hardware of MXS. I was send those video to Whites UK and I'm wait...

Yes with other brand clear signals... not jumpy... Probably those buttons are copper with iron core...

You have little broken respond with analog machine but like bottle cap not  trash!

With Spectra all 3 freq. bars are in one straight line.So, I'm disappointed mate. MXS audio line is very good... but with this...

We have plenty of this buttons here they are from 1800 to 1900 years. I was found few of them with crown... it was special only for tsar family.