Location Guide For Rock Hounds In The U.S.

Not a bad guide to getting ya in the general area for a scratch or three Steve.  I skimmed it and saved a copy for myself.  Thanks.

All rock hounding guides are kind of custom pieces in my opinion.  This one fills some holes others have left out but it has holes that others include.  Many of mine are not in publication anymore but some good ones I have read recently *last few years* that are ok for the south west are the Gem Trails guides.  These are state specific, unlike yours which is a good country wide reference, but when in a locality or state its often easier to use this type of guide when planning a fossic :)  Cheers!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2017 at 10:11 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

150 pages of rock and mineral collection sites all over the United States

Steve.  This is useful.  Only problem is the guide originally had 550 pages not 150 pages.  The guide goes in alphabetical order of the States so this link only gets you through Idaho.

After doing a bit more research, I see that that your link above is only one of a 3 part series of links. 

The other 2 links can be found here:  http://digitalrockhound.blogspot.com/2009/10/mineral-and-rock-collecting-locations.html

Terry

• Like 2

The plot thickens. The link I had was to the first volume of the 1996 second edition. The blog link Terry provided has links to the three volumes of the 2005 third edition. I have updated my original post with direct links.

Bob Beste's "Location Guide for Rockhounds in the United States, 3rd. ed. 2005":

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

I'd really like to have these, myself....thnx!

Jim

The previous posts were all from a site that's closed down.  I spent over 6 hrs searching for the entire pdf yesterday.  And came across that.  I downloaded it and reviewed it, it is infact the entire book in 3 pdf files.    I'm gna print and bind it myself Thursday on my day off.  Glad I could help

• Thanks 1