Nokta & Makro Detectors Still Finding Gold

Condolences to you for your losses.

When times are tough, getting out and swinging the detectors is always the best therapy for me. It takes my mind off everything except prospecting, even if it's only for a little while.

Nice finds out there!

• The title was changed to Nokta & Makro Detectors Still Finding Gold

That is too many people lost close together - I am sorry to hear it.

That is the first gold I have seen posted found with the Racer 2. Have you seen any way in which it is preferable to the Gold Racer? I have a theory it might handle some ground more smoothly than the Gold Racer due to a lower operating frequency while of course also giving up a bit of hots on tiny gold. Notching might be handy for certain hot rocks or trash.

So sorry to hear about your losses! What a tough go for anyone, so I hope things get better for you somehow.

Good to get an update from you, and nice to hear from you again. Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures and to do a little write-up.

All the best at this difficult time for you,

Lanny 

Sorry to hear about your fave people passing but life goes on...sure would like to hear some more about your Racer 2 gold finds?

I hope to be acquiring a used Racer 2 shortly, sure would be nice if I could detect nuggets with it too? 

-Tom V.

Thanks for all the comments.

Steve, yes the racer2 would handle the bad mineralized spots alittle easier then gold racer. and the notch disc does a great job of clipping off the low end and high end hot rocks. though I haven't experienced with the disc a whole lot. I generally run in all metal. I do like the isat adjustment for threshold retuning. I haven't really had too much trouble with gold racer in what I figure to be high mineralization. not austrailia obviously but usually bad enough that ive had trouble there with previous detectors including gb 2.The Racer 2 with the 10 x 5" solid elip coil was quite the wonder. it does do a good job on small gold.

Lipca. the coils are so shiny because I don't use those coils much. i usually use the 10x5 elliptical coils or sometimes the bigger 15x 13 coil for scouting for a new patch and covering ground quicker. the little 5" coils are good for tiny gold. but normally i can pretty much find it just as well with the 10 x 5 coils. so most of the 5' coils i have are new and never used. they come in handy for pictures though. but i am a clean freak though also, so after every detecting trip my detectors are cleaned and look like they just came from the showroom floor. good luck

• Like 1

tvandwho, if your getting a racer2 soon. if your going gold prospecting, i would also geta R26 10x5" coil for the racer2 as well. the standard 11 x 7' coil is good, but i feel the 10 x 5' coil is a good in between size to get some depth and sensitivity to small gold. and don't be afraid to use some isat adjustment in the the mineralized areas where the smooth threshold drops out. the isat will keep the threshold tuned and smooth. i haven't found with these detectors that you lose any noticeable depth while using isat. ive tried no isat on undug targets and max isat  on faint signals and i never noticed any considerable loss. good luck

• Like 1