Nokta & Makro Detectors Still Finding Gold

Well done.

We appreciate the update.

Mitchel

Peace, Joy, Love, and "Gold"! Godbless :smile:

I just got my new used Racer 2 today, sure am glad I got a slightly used one and with 3 coils. Would have cost over a grand new.

I paid $600 shipped.

So, California, what settings/coil size would you recommend for Indiana gold hunting? Mostly shale bedrock creeks,black dirt, gravels , not too many hotrocks. We have got 1-3 grain size  nuggets on my friends fave creek just panning but there are lots of nails and iron trash there too.

-Tom V, ps, winter seems to be on Hold hereabouts in NE  illinois  in January, 40's temps for 3 weeks with rain. Is it that way elsewhere too?

Tv,

Congrads on your purchase of Racer2. sounds like you got a good deal. 

I mostly use the 10x5" dd coil for gold on Mak2. I find subgrain pieces with that coil easily. Although next time I go detecting at our small gold hill, I am going to finally get dirty , the little roond coil. it will probably be a bit stronger on subgrain gold. 

I generally detect in All metal mode. on Mak2 I run the sens. between 71-75. after 75 the threshold sound starts to get choppy. You might have to run sens. at lower level if the mineralization is too strong. but I doubt it. depends on if your  using headphones to decide what level to adjust the threshold to. I usually run mine at 55-56. Also it depends on the location, but most places I run the isat adjustment with whatever setting keeps the threshold from blanking out. you can still easily find subgrain pieces at a higher isat if needed. 

The little Round coil might be the best choice for working small gold. Although as mentioned the 10" coil will also. 

I haven't used the disc modes much, but disc 2 seems to be the strongest sensitivity. I would start with the sensitivity at atleast 80 and work your way up in strength if you can. I like to run my Id filter at 0-5 range. it seems to hit harder and louder on tiny gold when it is lowered.  Although it can increase ground noise if too low. you might experiment with the notch capabilities to knock off iron if you have too much junk to detect thru. 

Racer2 does have a beach mode which I haven't used, but probably would help in black sand rich areas  if the other modes are too noisy. Also I can hit on the little subgrain gold in deep mode, but you have to swing extremely slow.

I included a couple of pictures of a piece of gold that is subgrain weight and Racer2 can easily find. Good luck! 

2017011995202307-1.jpg

20170119_202431.jpg

• Like 1