New XP Gold Nugget Detector For 2017

Back in November there was interest stirred up by reports of a dedicated gold nugget detector being made for XP for sale in Africa - the Depar DPR 600.

Details were confirmed later by GaryUK who is tied in with XP and has tested the unit (and stars in the video below). The main news he related was that XP intends to market a version of this dedicated nugget detector outside Africa in 2017.

September 2018 - New XP ORX announced.

The machine will be a very limited version of the upcoming DEUS V4 update. In fact I think the testing of this unit in Africa was key to the development of the V4 update. The new machine will come stock with the V4 high frequency coil and looks a lot like a DEUS. However, the software will be locked into several versions of the Goldfield program and will not have any functions needed for anything except nugget detecting. Final features may vary in the final US/UK version but here is what Gary says about the DPR 600: The DPR has no pinpoint mode, no expert menu, no multi-tone, no notch, no coin mode, no non-motion menu, no user updates (USB download will only support bug corrections). The current DPR version has no wireless headphone support, no headphone controller, does not support the DEUS coil with lower frequencies (only works with the two HF coils) and only supports 3 high frequencies, not 4. The DPR has a 2 year warranty the Deus has a 5 year warranty.

These details were gleaned from Garys post on his forum but it may not be visible to people who are not forum members as I am currently. Andy Sabisch has also confirmed the existence of this new model planned for 2017 at Findmall

The bottom line is this machine will resemble a DEUS and will have a very limited feature set focused on nugget detecting, but at a lower price. No idea on price or availability for as we all know the V4 update is running late. There is nothing here per se for current DEUS owners because the V4 update will give a DEUS owners all the features of the new machine plus tons more. But for somebody looking for a very light weight nugget detector this new machine may very well offer an upgrade over existing single frequency models. I have always thought the DEUS was overpriced for people who just want to nugget detect, although it does have the capability. A dedicated nugget detector at a price more in line with what you expect of other VLF nugget detectors could be a very good move for XP in my opinion.

depar-dpr-600-metal-detector.jpg

• Like 4

I saw the small coil working on 30khz on a supra thin gold leaf that was crazy! 

Alain showed me the difference reaction of the machine with different frequency and yes i had the coil in my hand for 5 minutes while he was talking to someone.XP has always look after me very well since i found the brothel token in the Thames in 2012.

RR

• Like 1