Sign in to follow this  
Steve Herschbach

Bill & Linda's Prospecting Page

I have not even scratched the surface of this website link. All kinds of diverse articles and photos from all over the country. There are many photos of legends in the prospecting world. I tripped over this site years ago, forgot about it, and then found it again yesterday while doing research. Check it out at http://www.billandlindaprospecting.com/

• Like 8

Great Link Steve, lots of great information in just one place.  I sure do enjoy seeing photos of people mining and different parts of our beautiful country. It makes me want to leave my office and go find some gold!

Brian.

• Like 1

Bill & Linda's site is a treasure trove of information if you take the time to explore it. I agree with you Steve.

Bill and Linda's is loaded with lots of great stuff. We met him and his dog Coco several years ago out in Rye patch.  Before I found this forum, his was my go to prospecting site. I still look at it daily.

Norm McQ

• Like 3

I and my wife met Bill at Gold Basin this last October and was helpful with tips on detecting and places or areas to hunt. Bill is one of the nicest and most friendliest people you could ever meet. I believe he stays at the local RV park in Meadview, AZ. for a few months every year.

• Like 1

I have followed their site for years. It is filled with great information and it's fun to read.

Been  a while since I looked at that page. Thanks for posting it Steve.. I never knew that Todd Hoffman had a voice like that !

steve

I was thinking the same thing, Not a bad voiice,  haha

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By HardPack

Prospecting & Mining Reference Materials

Check out the University of North Texas Digital Library website
      https://digital.library.unt.edu
      Use the search engine at the very top of the UNT page to search the library. The library has loads of various documents regarding “gold” including mining/milling, mineral deposits, tertiary channels, geology throughout the Western United States and Alaska.

For those of you interested in the California Southern Mother Lode check out the minerals industries surveys of the California Mother Lode including Calaveras County (part 1) and Tuolumne and Mariposa Counties (part 2) by Julihn & Horton 1938/1940:

Mineral Industries Survey of the United States: California, Calaveras County, Mother Lode District (South). Mines of the Southern Mother Lode Region. Part 1 -- Calaveras County

Mineral Industries Survey of the United States, California: Tuolumne and Mariposa Counties, Mother Lode District (South). Mines of the Southern Mother Lode Region, Part 2 -- Tuolumne and Mariposa Counties

Hardpack

• By Steve Herschbach
      I keep an eye on various forums just in case something new of interest pops up. I thought I would list the ones I frequent most often here. Feel free to add to the list.

The prospecting forums I visit now and then are:

The ICMJ Prospecting & Mining Forum
      Many sub-topics relating to prospecting and mining

TreasureNet Gold Prospecting Forum
      Very active gold forums

Findmall Prospecting Forum
      General prospecting

Alaska Gold Forum
      General prospecting with Alaska emphasis

Canadian Gold Prospecting Forum
      Very active forum with many sub-topics

And now the metal detecting forums:

Findmall Forums
      Detector model specific sub-forums

TreasureNet Forums
      Huge number of treasure hunting topics

Tom Dankowski Forum
      Focuses on technical aspects of detectors

The Arizona Forums
      All good, tend towards Minelab and Arizona but more varied of late
      Rob Allison's Nuggethunting Forums
      Chris Gholson's Arizona Outback Forums
      Bill Southern's Nuggetshooting Forums

What's happening in Australia?
      Australia Gold Detecting & Prospecting
      Prospecting Australia
    • By Steve Herschbach
      You have to love the internet. This book was a rare gem only to be found in libraries or used book stores. Now you can download this classic for free. Anyone with an interest in California gold should download this invaluable reference and study it.
      The Tertiary Gravels of the Sierra Nevada of California, 1911, by Waldemar Lindgren
      USGS Professional Paper 73

Several formats https://archive.org/details/tertiarygravels00knowgoog

USGS pdf http://pubs.er.usgs.gov/publication/pp73
      You can find this and many more useful free books on this website at the Metal Detecting & Prospecting Library
    • By Clay Diggins
      I know a lot of you are waiting for the new updated Land Matters Mining Claims Maps. That update should have been available on Monday but the BLM is having some technical difficulties with its Secure Transfer Server and we have been unable to update the active mining claims information on our maps.
      Our contact at the BLM says the problem has been identified and  should be corrected tonight.  We should be able to access the data in the morning.
      I know this is a critical map update for a lot of our users. I'll post here as soon as the maps are updated.

• By Steve Herschbach
      Gold Prospecting with a VLF Metal Detector by Dave Johnson
      Chief Designer, First Texas Products & Fisher Research Labs
      March 2010 Edition

This book explains how to use a VLF metal detector for finding gold. The author has nearly 30 years’ experience in the metal detector industry working for several different companies, and designed several of the most popular “gold machines” on the market. These include the Tesoro Lobo, White's GMT and MXT, and of course the Fisher Gold Bug and Gold Bug 2. Although the product emphasis is on the machines currently “Made in El Paso”, the features of competitors’ machines are also discussed. This booklet is useful no matter what brand of metal detector you use.

pdf download 29 pages http://www.fisherlab.com/Hobby/davejohnson/DavesGoldbook-reders.pdf
      ready to print booklet version http://www.fisherlab.com/Hobby/davejohnson/DavesGoldbook-printer.pdf

You can find this and many more useful free books on this website at the Metal Detecting & Prospecting Library

• By fredmason
      I just finished reading "The Civil War Writings" by this man.  If you are a civil war relic hunter I think these personal memoirs of A. Bierce might have some excellent leads to locations. One his duties was battle field cartographer ...
      he does not glorify war at all
      Steve, not sure which forum you fit this too...if any.
      fred