How To Better Use The Sensitivity Setting On A GPZ 7000

Is there anyone out there who is willing to explain a little more in depth about the Sensitivity setting in the GPZ7000 and how works in relation to the other settings? 

Or perhaps point me to an existing discussion?

I don’t feel I know enough to use it correctly and I know it's obviously important.

Thank you in advance.

David

David,

If you go to the top of this forum you will see a search engine.  I used it with the following key words:

7000 sensitivity

I got 42 results which included some of the very important threads on this forum which deal with your question.  A couple of the results will not apply but I think you will find lengthy discussions on sensitivity and volume limits, JP's conservative settings and Steve's super hot settings to name a few.

These results will answer questions most of us didn't think of asking.

I hope this helps.

Mitchel

• Like 4

Hi Mitchel and Fred,

I will take a look Mitchel - I thought I had used the search before, but must have not put in

the right search words, and Fred, as always, short, sweet and to the point.

Thank you both.

• Like 1

No magic pudding for sure, tis as Steve says a mental approach, buggered if I know a formula that helps one arrive at best settings for them, haven`t found one for myself yet, but in short.......... Freds nailed it, Jps recommended it but bet he fiddles just a wee bit too. Steves Insane, Lunks, Bogenenes, manual GB etc etc they all work.

• Like 4

People confuse good settings with good prospecting skills. I find gold so people want to know my settings. Maybe my settings suck, and I am just good at getting my coil over gold nuggets. I actually would tend to argue that more than claiming I am a settings wizard. That is another reason I hate to get into specifics because I am darned if I can say my own settings are even what is best for me. My own opinion is that I am sloppy on settings and succeed mainly though hard work. My technique boils down to crank that baby up and start swinging! JP knows far better than I what makes for a good setting given any circumstance.

• Like 8

Thats a very good statement!!!!:

"People confuse good settings with good prospecting skills."

Steve Herschbach 2017

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

People confuse good settings with good prospecting skills. I find gold so people want to know my settings. Maybe my settings suck, and I am just good at getting my coil over gold nuggets. I actually would tend to argue that more than claiming I am a settings wizard. That is another reason I hate to get into specifics because I am darned if I can say my own settings are even what is best for me. My own opinion is that I am sloppy on settings and succeed mainly though hard work. My technique boils down to crank that baby up and start swinging! JP knows far better than I what makes for a good setting given any circumstance.

I agree 100% with you........

RR

• Like 1

The Z has a reset function that returns it to factory default settings, those settings are as good as any if not better to get you up to speed with the Z. A great fail safe set of settings that get gold no doubt and you will not be be far off by just sticking to them, at least until you have many hours behind the Z. ML knew what they were on about when they made these the default settings.

• Like 5