Rain Gold !!!

Another benefit of the zed, rain proof ! Congrats on the nuggets...bet it was a good time. Was out last Friday on top of a hill side for about 2 hours working hillside when the hail started...:ohmy: have to admit it was fun walking back to the car half mile away. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question on rain and the zed?

So I'm just not sure I want to get the zed wet. I've seen pics and watched others detect in the rain. Is it OK?  

I really need to get out but not sure I want to chance it. Just don't want to loose a great detector. I have however wrapped trash bags around a 3000 and did fine. 

Just really like the zed don't want it gone!  

Though not rated as such the GPZ is based on the CTX housing and can be considered nearly waterproof.

GPZ7000 Manual Page 55:

"The GPZ 7000 detector is weatherproof for detecting in rainy/wet conditions, but is not waterproof and cannot be submersed.

The GPZ 7000 detector, WM 12, and headphones are not waterproof – Do not immerse in any liquid or allow water ingress.

The GPZ 14 coil is waterproof to one metre (3 feet) depth.

Minelab recommends that prior to use, care is taken to ensure the battery seal (o-ring), the seal seating groove and the mating face of the battery are undamaged and kept clean so that the detector remains weatherproof."

Thanks Steve. 

I read that like a year ago but, do have a case of CRS. I will be wet for a few days I'm sure. I have to build a coffee table tomorrow to keep my wife happy and then it's on.