Minelab Partner Conference - Sorry, No Secrets

Hey Chris,

Good to hear it was a fun time and success, I did not have to sign a paper, so I could spill a little of the beans.... seems a new gold detector called the monster is coming out... It will be under $1,000 , possibly a VLF??? Also new handheld probes, ect... but no new big gold detectors above the 7000....

Really stinks since there was an aftermarket coil company there, that they cannot make any aftermarket coils for the GPZ... wish Minelab could release the info so different coils could be made.

Dave

• Like 1

I hope the new ML will be a lightweight PI, we`ve been screaming for a SDC in a better format since it came out. Is there a market for another gold VLF? is XPs Ver4 a VLF breakthrough of some kind that has ML nervous? Sounds like 17 might be a exciting year. MLs not "feeding" the chooks" for no reason.

Hi Dave - Hey I don't remember seeing you there and I did look around for folks I knew. Perhaps some dealer who was in attendance took you into their confidence?

Dave - about the coils - I've wondered why detector makers (not just minelab) allow others to peel off a portion of their business by allowing others to make coils for their detectors. Its easy enough to make the coils proprietary. Its sort of my understanding that the design of GPZ coils are more complex than the making of most VLF and PI coils and its not just a matter of pressing a button and stamping out 10 different sizes. Did your dealer friend remark on Coiltek's over the shoulder sky hook to support the GPZ with the 19 inch coil?

On 1/23/2017 at 10:08 PM, Reno Chris said:

Hi Dave - Hey I don't remember seeing you there and I did look around for folks I knew. Perhaps some dealer who was in attendance took you into their confidence?

Dave - about the coils - I've wondered why detector makers (not just minelab) allow others to peel off a portion of their business by allowing others to make coils for their detectors. Its easy enough to make the coils proprietary. Its sort of my understanding that the design of GPZ coils are more complex than the making of most VLF and PI coils and its not just a matter of pressing a button and stamping out 10 different sizes. Did your dealer friend remark on Coiltek's over the shoulder sky hook to support the GPZ with the 19 inch coil?

Hi Chris,

No wish I could of attended, but didn't get an invite :(....  Sounds like a bunch of great folks went. 

I did not hear about the shoulder sky hook, but funny you mention the sky hook. If it's anything like the picture, I used one on the 5000 when it first came out using the Atlas support. But to me the pro swing harness by minelab is much better.

I also heard about the new coil for the ctx 3030, which will be nice.

Dave

lightweight+(color).jpg

• Like 1

The coiltek sky hook support is similar to the camera support photo but did not stick up so far above the top of the head. I know Doc is also considering some such product with a more or less similar design.  The problem I saw is  the support was all metal and I could not see how one could get down on one knee for target recovery with out setting the detector off.

• Like 1

One of the major issues I had with the atlas support, I was getting it snagged, if I went into brushy areas it always snagged. The Coiltek skyhook should have gone with fiberglass rods, your right on setting the detector off with metal. Minelabs pro swing harness, I can use it all day, and my arm still feels good. Wish they put a hydropack on it though....

Dave

Dave, what is the story on the new CTX 3030 coil?