Two Stolen Gpzs In Yuma

Condor

The thief or thieves knew what they were doing, they must of followed you guys.  I doubt that your detectors are in Mexico, my reasoning for that is that the police found your vehicle a mile a way.  It would be too easy to just drive your car into Mexico.

Agreed....

Using the 2300, makro gold racer,  the deus, and the AU finder today ...

Completely discombobulated this morning trying to get what I need in the truck so I don't forget something I need..

Kinda like the usual mornings, right Klunker?

I should have left the 7000 there!

• Like 1

So sorry to here that horrific news. I really hope they come back. I couldn't know how I would feel without my #7. It's like a child to me. 

Yes I may be a little excessive. Still it's very sad. 

Being through this before in my area nothing ever happened for me. I had a trommel stolen with my pump. Nothing ever became. (due partly to lazy sheriff's in my area) cool thing is I got angry and built a bigger one. 

I Hate thieves!

John

10 hours ago, Swegin said:

The thief or thieves knew what they were doing, they must of followed you guys.  I doubt that your detectors are in Mexico, my reasoning for that is that the police found your vehicle a mile a way.  It would be too easy to just drive your car into Mexico.

Not so easy as you would think driving stolen vehicles into Mexico these days on both sides of the border. . Easier and safer to just smuggle detectors as most Mexican authorities aren't really trained on what they are.....yet anyway. Coming back from Baja a while back, at a military cheek point one of these guys found the control head to my F19. Asked what it was and I told him it was the depth finder for my aluminum boat, he said "OK amigo" and away I went. Huge market in Mex and down to South America for the best Minelab detectors. 

Wow sorry to hear that guys. What a bunch of crooks. Hey Paul I have a good deal I can make you on a 7000 without a 19 inch coil. Sorry to kick you when you're down. You know I couldn't help myself.  No really sorry to hear that I hope you find them. 

3 hours ago, Hard Prospector said:

Not so easy as you would think driving stolen vehicles into Mexico these days on both sides of the border. . Easier and safer to just smuggle detectors as most Mexican authorities aren't really trained on what they are.....yet anyway. Coming back from Baja a while back, at a military cheek point one of these guys found the control head to my F19. Asked what it was and I told him it was the depth finder for my aluminum boat, he said "OK amigo" and away I went. Huge market in Mex and down to South America for the best Minelab detectors. 

Strange we drive to Hermosillo at least once a month for the past 4 years never have we been stopped going into mexico but always on the way out.     

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Swegin said:

Strange we drive to Hermosillo at least once a month for the past 4 years never have we been stopped going into mexico but always on the way out.     

Because your vehicle hasn't been reported as "stolen". You would be surprised how many fixed, real time cameras that are posted on the freeways (usually over-passes)  but often the larger avenues on stoplights headed south within 10 miles of the international border crossing. Monitored by the government constantly, plenty of time for the highway patrol to make a stop.

Even when stolen cars make it across, they are more difficult to move these days even in Mexico. Easier to hide a couple $20,000 detectors which  likely have had  buyers in the waiting.

I feel bad for these guys having their detectors sacked. I would like to think that the perps were a couple of local opportunistic punks that will soon make a mistake and get pinched.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Swegin said:

You know, lot of chance that's exactly right...pretty gutsy to steal a truck out of a driveway, right next a camper likely to have a guy sleeping in it while not knowing what was inside only to dump the truck...were you plugged in? Sure sounds like someone had a bead on you from someplace local.

• Like 2

it is gutsy...modern thieves have little fear.

In my case they took everything from my trooper, camper and small shed.  They did this while we were sleeping in the middle of the night .  Even if they made a little noise they know the amount of noise in a city make people learn to ignore most sounds...otherwise I and most people would never sleep.

Now, before you ask...I have never said I am smart...so, in my country boy way nothing was locked-stupid to be that trusting. You can believe that was a life altering event...

The insurance adjuster gave me that HOW COULD YOU BE SO STUPID look...but they paid off. I actually recovered about 80 % of my losses...

live and learn!

fred

• Like 1

You know ... (here it comes Paul) ... all of this chat about your detectors.  Shouldn't you be more worried about all of that gold that you had just found?  Must have been pounds of it, right?

It won't take long for you to find enough to pay those two detectors off.

On another note, I guess you were sleeping with all those other detectors and that is why they didn't get them?

Inquiring minds want to know.  (I just bet someone knew there was something good in the truck and that is why you were a target.  I'd be suspicious of locals more than a random hit.)

Mitchel

• Like 1