Between The Cold And Work, I'm Not Getting Out

Woke up Friday to snow and packed and icy roads.  Got to work before they closed all the roads behind me.  I was like 5 minutes ahead of the road closures.  If I'd known that I'd stayed home.

The temps dropped so low this weekend I didn't get out.  Ground would have been frozen.   Hoping for a better weekend next week as I found another hot spot to hunt that I think will be productive.

Hope the rest of you got out for a chance at silver or gold.

HH
Mike

Does a dusting of snow shut down your city?

I come from a land that has harsh winters. When I lived in FL they got a freak dusting of snow which prompted officials to shut down all the schools and they even started closing roads. I was completely dumbfounded they acted like the apocalypse came. :laugh:

Hope your weather allows you to hunt and post some finds... I need a 'tectin fix. It's finally going to peak here into the 40's today and tomorrow. I'm going scouting at least.

I live close to the foothills of the Sandia Mountains and its normal to get snow on them at nearly 11,000 feet elevation.   When the weatherman says snow I figure I'll get an inch or three in my area but it will be clear by the time I get down into the valley.   It looks like this one caught us all by surprise and snowed across the whole valley and it was followed by extremely low temperatures.  So that measly little 1-1/2" turned the roads into snow pack and ice covered rinks. Basically the more it got drove on , the worse it got.   

That and the city didn't have the cinders out.   

I think we just get rain later in the week this week.

I don't mind hunting in the snow as long as the ground is dig-able.  I have even hunted in blizzard a couple of years ago.   But when I have to use a pick to get past the frozen surface I have to wait a bit.  HA!

HH
Mike

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Its a bummer.  Be February before I get to swing out side again.

Mike

• Like 1

I know what you mean. 2 jobs and 2-3 weeks off/on rain. Thankfully it doesn't snow here and not nearly as cold as you got it. Beaches are covered with rocks in wet zone and dry is slim pickins. Parks super saturated and leave muddy messes for holes unless poppin the shallows. Morning 1 hour before work hunt total was 2 nickels, 2 pennies, 2 pulltabs. Was the first time I got out in 2 weeks.