Deus Ver4 Wait May Be Over

Norvic

Problem is V4 will make no real difference to existing coils performance, its main function will be for new coils and pointer. So we have gone from being told new coils will be multi frequency to coils that are no real advantage to relic hunters.  From pure excitement to a real bummer. They could have a least made a new small oval with regular frequencies or at least 10-20-30-40 kHz. I see the Deepar oval is 10-20-30-40 why not the Deus. XP have forgotten their grass roots and that Relic hunters made XP who they are. We were promised better ground balance capability but now that is only in the gold field programmes. We asked for the V2 audio to be returned but no V4 is based on V3.2. So what are relic hunters getting? reactivity of 2.5, big bloody deal! oh I forgot an over priced pinpointer. Lets see how newly introduced units for other manufacturers at half the price take over this market.

I too would like to have seen a smaller coil than another 9 inch coil. I guess they who that be, feed us what they think we need. The trouble with this kind of thinking is it's my money that keeps them in business. Oh yours too !

Chuck 

I measure a coils ability to get between items by the width, not the length, and the new XP elliptical HF coil at 5" wide or less is a significant improvement in my opinion. Others may be disappointed but for my purposes what counts most is the spread between the lowest and highest frequency.

White's DFX Low 3 kHz High 15 kHz

White's V3i Low 2.5 kHz High 22.5 kHz

Nokta Impact Low 5 kHz High 20 kHz

Rufus Alter 71 Low 4.4 kHz High 18.4 kHz

Minelab Eureka Gold Low 6.4 kHz High 60 kHz

XP DEUS 3.2 Low 4 kHz High 18 kHz

XP DEUS HF Coil Low 15 kHz High 55 kHz

15 kHz is one of the best all around gold frequencies there is for the combination of ground handling and decent gold sensitivity. 55 kHz is right up the in GMT, Gold Racer and Eureka Gold country. Most other selectable frequency units with the exception of the Eureka Gold are not even in the ballpark. The Eureka Gold is a great prospecting machine but very limited for other uses, and is very heavy for a VLF detector.

I figure I am going to mount that elliptical coil on the Golden Mask Rod and have an ultra light weight (under two pounds) ultra compact nugget killer. If I can't get the new coil/lower rod combo to work with the Golden Mask rod the standard XP rod setup will be just fine.

You can't make everyone happy but XP may make me happy!

• Like 1