A Few Goodies

My buddy Merton was down for a few days and we went hunting.  From past experience he tends to get a little grouchy at the parks and beaches so I played it safe and we went relic hunting. We both did well scoring barber dimes and various other trinkets. We had fun when the weather cooperated using our XP Deuces in fast mode. Looking forward to our next hunt..... so I can kick your ass again buddy! Also included in the photos is a nice vintage sterling silver cross that I found at a park a week or so ago. HH

strick

20170122_130738.jpg

20170120_181027.jpg

20170113_153058.jpg

20170113_153157 (1).jpg

• Like 6

Nice!  That cross is pretty neat.  That 01 Barber have a mint Mark?                               An S would be a bonus for sure. 

• Like 1

You got me this time but only because I was sick. LOL We shall see who kicks who's next time.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cabin Fever said:

Nice!  That cross is pretty neat.  That 01 Barber have a mint Mark?  An S would be a bonus for sure. 

I can't read the date on the Indian/Buff nickel, but it kinda looks like 1918/17 (D).  That would beat most nuggets that get pictured here. :biggrin:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, goldbrick said:

You got me this time but only because I was sick. LOL We shall see who kicks who's next time.

The patch will be cleaned out by the time you get back...

Merton found the 1901 and I don't think it has a mint mark on it. As for the Buff I guess I better take a closer look at it.  It is a 1918 I'm almost sure of that. Call me Clark and well go for a hunt!

strick