" Duck Gold " An Alternative Method

Near LaPorte in Plumas county, there was an area  named "Secret Diggins"  The story is after finding gold in the chicken's gizzard, they followed the chickens to where they were feeding and that is where the secret diggins were.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

If you go to the Library of Congress Chronicling America digitized Newspaper site and type in the words "gold gizzard," over 300 articles pop up about gold in goose and chicken gizzards found over past 150 years.  Some of the stories are copies and some are probably copy-cat articles, but many are probably true. 

• Like 1

G'day Strick 

We have a big lake here in Maryborough Victoria ( heart of the Golden Triangle) in Aussie land, called "Victoria Lake". Named after Queen Victoria who reined from 1837 till 1901. This lake has heaps of ducks on it, and was part of the main lead that ran right though Maryborough where many of oz of gold were found back in the 1850's. It was not a lake at the beginning, but there was so much work done in that area recovering gold, that eventually it was turned into a lake in later years. (Easier than filling in the hole)  So next time I'm down that way I'll check out these walking, two legged detectors to see if they pick up something. :rolleyes: 

It's a nice looking chain and pendent that your two legged feather friends found. The stone in the middle of the pendent looks like to me to be what they call a Milky or White Opal. Some are worth a bit of money.As you may know Australia has some of the best Opal fields in the world. So if it is an Opal the chances are it may have come from Australia.

wombat :wink:

• Like 1