GPZ Display Response Delay

Andyy

Hey guys.  I've done some searches on here but have not seen much on my issue.  Not a major issue but one that I am noticing more and more.  Recently I have noted that there is a slight delay in the response from when I press a button on the GPZ and when the display responds.  (probably 1/2 second) Has anyone else noticed this?  

Have noticed it on mine from day 1 andyy. Sometimes it takes several presses of a button to get it to select too.  I thought it would get worse as time went on but if anything it has improved - or maybe I just don't notice it anymore. Certainly not an issue as far as performance, just a bit annoying.

Northeast. 

• Like 1

Good.  Had me worried, that the screen was going bad or something.  Not something you want to happen on such an expensive detector.  But as long as it keeps picking up gold... I'll deal.  Glad I'm not going crazy.

Andy

• Like 1

Turn off the GPS, do a full reset by holding the ON button on till the reset option screen comes up, this will reset ALL to factory settings but retain the update. I especially find this sluggishness when the bread crumb trail is used.

JP

• Like 5

Evening all.

JP, that is the second mention you have made about turning off the GPS on the Z.  I think the other was turning it off to reduce the EMI...if I remember rightly??

Are you able to expand a bit more about the issues associated with using the GPS please?  Obviously there are some benefits to using it but not if it is limiting the full capacity of the machine. 

Thanks in advance (and hopeful :biggrin:). 

Northeast. 

• Like 1