My Thoughts On Detector Technology

One thing I would like on the CTX and I know this is not new tech but feedback on the LCD screen about the frequency the machine is running at on any particular target.  The one thing I like about the CTX over the Deus is the amount of info it tells you on screen and knowing the frequency could help with not only depth of target but also fast info on size of target and when chasing jewellery this would be invaluable.

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Goldwright,

Something I have a hard time understanding concerning CTX.

Doing test with 6" coil,,,using nail and a nickel,,,,down the barrel test,,,,the detector actually sees the nickel,,,,gives ID of target on screen,,,yet tones in iron.

Really the only machine I know of where the screen actually outperforms the audio here.

One would think,,Minelab would have designed ,,,where the nonferrous could be heard by way of overriding iron signal.

Or maybe,,,let the ID of target in this case drive(create a tone).

Yeah after using the Deus the CTX really is sluggish at keeping up when there is a lot going on under the coil but with the extra info on the screen you can end up digging a target without an actual tone.  I chase our aussie $1 and $2 coins but alot of the places I go the rubbish isn't ferrous but just loads of non ferrous close to the surface around these coins but if I get a clear dot on my trace screen in the right area bam coin.  Now our 1 and 2 dollar coins are a copper-nickel combo and stand out almost on there own in the ID other than squashed alloy bottle tops.  If the Deus could do this I think my CTX would sit in the cupboard.

I do have a few various machines in my arsenal,but the 3 main ones that i use on a regular basis and cover most of my needs are the Deus for what i would call everyday use,Nexus MP for real deep work and this thing is deep and finally the TDI Pro for beach work.Must admit i am really liking this new Nexus its also performs very well on very hard ground conditions ie highly mineralized,it not a easy machine too master but well worth it for some of the sites that i have access too

I am also getting a new GPX but not rushing into the 1st deal,as i always spend time looking for the best price,think i have narrowed it down,but still need to be 100% certain before i open my wallet.

As yet i have not made up my mine,but as we dont have gold nuggets as such then i am inclined to be going for a 4500 rather than the 5000,if i was in say Aussie land or Nevada then it would be the 5k version for sure but its just the extra depth for deep artifact so the 4500 will do exactly what i am looking for and also they are on special offer and much cheaper that the 5K.Thats my logic and way of thinking,i am never in a hurry and do all my thorough homework,money is in my pocket but its not burning a hole in it for sure.