Metal Detecting Pet Peeves

Looks like a great topic. Although there are those who will read it and go out and do these things anyway.

I love pet peeves. My biggest one is when someone tries to tell you where you can't go on public land like forest service or BLM.

My second  is when someone wants to stay so close you hear their machine. It's like crowding but they won't just leave you alone. I'll move and then they fallow never hunting the spot they crowded you from.   

Dig holes. You dug it you plug it. That's my moto. Others just don't. 

Leaving trash? Really people? It's all scrap and it adds up (some slower than others) I'll recycle everything. If it's to heavy to pack all day I'll go back on my way out and gather. 

The last on that I have isn't a true peeve. I love when a land owner says,"yeah right you won't find anything there!" How do they know? Especially if they don't detect? I do get the last laugh in most cases.  

I would love to hear other people's opinions on this topic. Let 'em rip.

John

• Like 1

Pubic Serpents that wont let me get the gold on pubic land................

• Like 2

My biggest one is when someone tries to tell you where you can't go on public land like forest service or BLM.

Yup, I have experienced this many times with landowners who own some land nearby but try to act as if the adjacent public lands as their own. Fortunately I always carry a paper map with me and we are quick to "get to the bottom of it" once the map comes out.

The BLM Rangers I've dealt with are mostly Vietnam vets and pretty down to earth guys... though I know others have had different experiences.

• Like 1

Snow! Was -2 F Last Nite:sad: and EMI

1 hour ago, idahogold said:

Snow! Was -2 F Last Nite:sad: and EMI

That's why I'm in California. It's all sun and surfing here. Like throughout the entire state. It's awesome!  

Oh wait. Liberal Richard craniums ruin that too as well as the rest of our rights. 

• Like 1

yeah im moved from so.cal to a county that is 8,000sq. mi.    and only 16,000population.....and believe it or not......Only has 1 single traffic light in the whole county....open carry legal.....concealed carry legal w/Outa permit. Sorry no Feinstein here:laugh: cheers, it like 7 outside

• Like 1