First Gold Of The Year

Hi went out today on an average tide on a spot i am trying to hit hard at the moment had a brass ring 2 days ago and today i decide to focus on an area i havent done well yet ,large iron and mineralised concrete blocks fragment.....anyway found a 18ct weighting 3.06 grs considering that the river Thames isn't really famous for Gold i am happy with that one .I found 3 others on the low tide line but didn't have much hope today ,as the tide was crap.F75 rules with the small elliptical giving me amazing result .....the Deus havent seen much mud since i bought the Fisher ,all my other machines are taking dust ,with my settings i found 9ct ,14ct and 18ct gold so i am pretty sure i am well tune.The first gold bit with the F75 was a part of gold watch bracelet weighting 11.5 gr of 18ct :)

Would love to try the Rutus on that spot 

RR

20170205_141020.jpg

• Like 9

Regis,nice mind mate do you have any indication of age yet as in does it have any markings on it or it a early gold ring ??,not been Mudlarking for a long time,may start doing some during the year.Will sort out that Coiltek thing tomorrow as i am away at the moment.

It has hallmarks but i have been told the design look old...........i will have a in depth look when i am back from France.

RR

Good start for the year!    Do you know what ID number it liked?   I'm trying to see how much gold hits as foil range on the F75.

HH

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
On 7 February 2017 at 5:38 PM, Mike Hillis said:

Good start for the year!    Do you know what ID number it liked?   I'm trying to see how much gold hits as foil range on the F75.

HH

Mike

No i didn't check i am using the tiny Fisher elliptical coil mode FAST Sensitivy 65 GB 80 discrimination 7 all my gold came on those settings,silver and tiny non ferrous stuff too

RR