Pin Pointing For Gold And Other Things !

ozgold

I Have used my ML pin pointer 100% of the time on the gold fields with great success. They do save a lot of time and guess work digging and locating targets in confined spaces. Here in oz we are going through extremely high summer temperatures with high humidity which makes for unpleasant prospecting at the moment.

Recently I have found a new use for my pin pointer around the house. My wife wanted a picture mounted on the wall, so got the trusty pin pointer out and found the stud in the wall to fastern the mounting point to (we have a steel framed house). It got me thinking more on what I could use the pin pointer for. I was out in the chook house hunting rats with my air rifle and foxy terrier / jack Russel dog the other night and managed to get a couple. I got the pin pointer out located and surgically removed the lead slugs from the rats so I could feed them to my pet diamond python. Might be a thought for KIWIJW in NZ when hunting ducks and other birds in locating lead shot before consumption. I have read on another forum that pin pointers are also good for taking to the shop when buying non metal boots for detecting.

I have found that detecting of any type gives me relief from the fever when I cant get out swinging !

Cheers ozgold

• Like 3