New Minelab Gold Monster 1000

From out of no where we have a new Minelab detector. What i'd like to know if this is why Minelab  wasn't happy with the XP Deus coming out with their own gold V4 and two new coils ? To me Deus has been slow with the upgrade but just maybe Minelab says this is what you Deus is going to do. In another word Deus you stand down until we Minelab come out with our new detector.

I may be barking up the wrong tree and all wet but it wouldn't be the first time I was out in left field.

Never let a sleeping dog lay.

Chuck 

Not out of nowhere - Minelab (Codan) told us about it months ago but nobody paid attention. Well, almost nobody.

You would be surprised how many metal detector companies have sued or threatened to sue other companies over the years. It is not just Minelab by a long shot. It is halfway the norm in the high tech business these days. IBM filed 8088 patents in 2016 alone. Guess what they do if anyone does anything that might violate one of those patents? Blocking competition via aggressive patenting has become part of the game.

Frustrating for us - we just want more detectors, better detectors, as fast as we can get them!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, matt said:

It will be interesting to see if it has any sort of discrimination?

From the specs it appears to have basic iron reject capability denoted on screen as a chance for gold as Steve pointed out, along with a deeper, all metal mode without any discrimination. 

IMG_0438.PNG.3dea47a5088ff3e63f5f6976019a2b3e.PNG

• Like 1

Might be like the at gold I use all metal with little discrimination. I watch the probability numbers and the iron ID. Only thing is, it's a minelab. I'm thinking after the zed they may have a bag of tricks. 

John

12 hours ago, dgatleyDP said:

Please, please, be at least as good as the GB2.

I'd love for this to be as good as the GB2 also as mine is getting pretty beat up and ready to be retired.  The one thing that makes me doubt it is when they say "ENTRY LEVEL". 

• Like 1