New Minelab Gold Monster 1000

Well, it's either single frequency......

all the time - one freq, only very minor automatic adjustment to accommodate EMI...or...

one at a time, but changing autimatically in response ro some non-user feedback (since there is no user control)

.....or it's multifrequency at the same time.

Hopefully at some point they will explain more about what they mean.  As of now it's just "marketingspeak"

I don't recall serious criticism of the Whites Goldmasters (at 50 kHz) being "forced to chose" between sub grain nuggets or multi gram nuggets....just sayin.

• Like 3

Steve, if it turns out to be rain proof... I'll be grabbing one.

If it's not rain proof or water proof its just that  "no different" to a GMT and the GMT is doing a fine job at the moment (for me and my needs) but the day is just around the corner when it takes on too much wet and gives up working.

all the thousands iv spend on detectors the last 10 years or so... I just prefer high frequency detectors even in hot soils generally leads to small shallow gold... lots of it.

• Like 1

I surely can't argue with you on any of that Luke! For very many years high frequency units were all I ever used, starting with the Goldmaster II and progressing along as newer models came out. And as Rick mentions the Goldmasters/GMT always offered a better overall balance of performance versus the Gold Bug 2.

I have to believe looking at that rubberized control surface that the GM1000 will handle rain just fine. We will see. There is nothing mentioned about it in the leaked specs.

2 hours ago, Ashley100456 said:

While it is designated as a single frequency VLF operating at 45 khz, the Minelab engineers have designed a new way to spread that out so that you are able to detect targets of all sizes.

Sounds like a new innovation never seen in a single-frequency VLF detector before; knowing Minelab, that wouldn't be a big suprise. 

• Like 1

I'm optimistic about the Monster.  It might not be submersible but it looks like it can play in the mud to me.  Knowing how well the Auto ground tracking and sensitivity works on the CTX this Monster might be a smooth running little beast. Also the components look to be versatile so you can put them on custom shafts easily.  Might be able to put together an ultralight telescopic shaft setup to throw in a backpack..  Extend the shaft for regular detecting and shorten it up for banks and hill sides. 

Bryan

• Like 2

I have it from good authority at Minelab and have been given permission to pass on....

"Control box is water resistant / rain proof / splash proof, but not designed for submersible underwater operation. The coils are waterproof and can be submersed underwater for detecting operation. Specifications and depth rating for the coils will be published soon."

minelab-gold-prospecting-detectors-2016-to-2017-model-changes.jpg

From http://www.minelab.com/customer-care/product-notices?article=305146

We are pleased to announce that the GOLD MONSTER 1000 detector will be available soon. The GOLD MONSTER 1000 turns beginners into experts with fully automatic operation in an easy-to-use, high performance detector.

minelab-gold-monster-1000-prospecting-detector.jpg

The GOLD MONSTER 1000 comes with a choice of coils, battery options and shaft configurations. If you are looking for super sensitive gold performance at a great price, then this is the detector you've been waiting for!

Features:

• Fully automatic operation
  • Extra sensitive VLF performance
  • Highly adaptable
  • 2 search coils included
  • Easy quick start

minelab-gold-monster-1000-controls-screen.jpg

• Like 8

2017 is shaping up to be a good year for metal detecting with Minelab and XP releasing new products. Hopefully Whites and FT have a rabbit in their hats as well and there's the QED, Rutus out and probably Impact on the way and I'm probably leaving something out.

Interesting times indeed!

1 hour ago, Digger Jones said:

2017 is shaping up to be a good year for metal detecting with Minelab and XP releasing new products. Hopefully Whites and FT have a rabbit in their hats as well and there's the QED, Rutus out and probably Impact on the way and I'm probably leaving something out.

Interesting times indeed!

The AKA Intronik STF