New Minelab Gold Monster 1000

1 hour ago, californiagold said:

Does this new Minelab vlf having any kind of visual target identification while using All metal mode? 

I sent an email inquiry to Minelab and got this response:

“Yes it does. Minelab will be releasing further product details about this within the next couple of weeks.”

• Like 1

Is there a release date? What is the definite price tag? Like the 19" there were a few different things posted about them.

It's hard when there is a release of a new product when so many see and perceive things differently. I like to know facts and get things in order so I may make the right and educated purchase of said product. 

I thank Steve for being forthright and bringing facts to us.

All the other garbage I've read in this machine makes me a bit confused. 

Thank you Steve for your work. 

Numerous dealers are taking orders at USD$799.00, not just one or two, but a lot of them, so I have to believe this is what they have been told is the "sell price" by Minelab. They are also quoting shipping dates of April 2017.

My serious advice to everyone - be calm. What you have is pre-release information, and details are promised in the next week or two. You can't get a machine until April at the earliest. So sit back and relax. I promise whatever gets posted on this forum is by and large the earliest confirmed accurate information you can get, though some dealers do now and then jump the gun and post things before they are supposed to. I do not, ever, so that might mean having to wait a bit longer here to get the straight scoop. Once you see it here however you can pretty much take it to the bank.

Honestly though, if you just look at the control panel and read what has been stated about the Minelab Gold Monster 1000 so far, I doubt there is much room for a lot of extra super duper secret information. This is not a complicated metal detector.

keep-calm-and-detector-knowledge-will-be-yours.jpg

• Like 3

I saw the Monster 1000 at the Pleasanton Gold Show a couple weeks back, they didn't appear to be demo'ing it, the gal in the booth had no technical information on it either, said it was too new. I did like the looks of it, nice combo of coils too. For me to get interested it would have to equal my GB2 in detection ability, Would be handy to have a grab and go tiny gold detector which requires very little adjustment as you hunt. I get tired of thumbing the GB control in the alkali soils every couple ft.

With the money Minelab throw at R & D I`m thinking this detector could be a real winner.  One of my mates has ordered one, delivery date unknown, price unknown and hopefully I`ll get a chance to have a play with it a day or so after it comes out. :smile:

• Like 1

The old XT/Eureka Gold are good performers but the Eureka Gold sales were no doubt suffering from the machine being so much heavier and more expensive than the competition. I have to admit I did a double take when I saw it came out in 1998, almost twenty years ago. It really does seem like yesterday but the reality is the machine was growing to be one of the older models still on the market.

I actually believe that Minelab themselves are surprised at how well some of their detectors end up selling. The machines almost always tend to be underestimated on release yet recognized as winners as time goes by. I am still surprised at how quickly the GPZ spread among users here in the U.S. but our conditions seem to favor the machine perhaps more so than has been the case in Oz. The GM1000 although targeted at Africa I think will be a run-away sales success in the U.S.

That would be good because if it is a hot seller it will be easier to get a 14" elliptical out of Minelab for the machine.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

That would be good because if it is a hot seller it will be easier to get a 14" elliptical out of Minelab for the machine.

I notice the coil lead attaches to the back of detector display.  I`ve still got 4 different size coils from the Ground Tracker, Eureka Ace Duel days, including a 12x6.   I wonder if they might work on this detector.

minelab-gold-monster-1000-coil-connection.jpg