New Minelab Gold Monster 1000

Chris may have understood what you were trying to say better than I. Yeah, the SDC lacks a volume control and the external speaker is too quiet. That is an SDC thing however. Time will tell what the audio is like on the GM1000, but as Chris notes at least it does have the volume control the SDC is lacking!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

It might find a few tiny bits a SDC misses, but it sure won't replace your SDC!

I can think of a few places where I got small gold with the SDC and would like to try a GM1000. I even have a few spots in mind where the gold is small and I've not found anything with PIs before. I'm also thinking hard rock mine dumps where the gold is often small and wiry, and are commonly filled with bits of nails and other iron trash so that the discrimination would be helpful. I think the GM1000 will be a useful tool for a lot of prospectors, even ones with experience. However Steve is totally right that more experienced prospectors will still be using the GPZ, GPX and SDC for most prospecting - depending on what equipment you own. For me it will be a mix of the GPZ and SDC - with the GPZ still getting  the  majority, the SDC taking a big part and the GM1000 taking the lead at some specialty spots where its advantages will shine.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Reno Chris said:

I can think of a few places where I got small gold with the SDC and would like to try a GM1000. I even have a few spots in mind where the gold is small and I've not found anything with PIs before. I'm also thinking hard rock mine dumps where the gold is often small and wiry, and are commonly filled with bits of nails and other iron trash so that the discrimination would be helpful. I think the GM1000 will be a useful tool for a lot of prospectors, even ones with experience. However Steve is totally right that more experienced prospectors will still be using the GPZ, GPX and SDC for most prospecting - depending on what equipment you own. For me it will be a mix of the GPZ and SDC - with the GPZ still getting  the  majority, the SDC taking a big part and the GM1000 taking the lead at some specialty spots where its advantages will shine.

Thanks Steve & Chris ,

It's still a little wait and see , but I appreciate your answers . If I buy one it really is for Jenny ( who after 49 years of marriage ) has declared she wishes to detect in the winter ( not the summer ) I would love to buy a Zed but at 70 I would knock up swinging it and digging holes especially the deep "fuggets"

Cheers

gold rat

• Like 2

Rob said on his forum that he has a Gold Monster 1000 in his hands for show and tell. But dig this he's not going to be at the Gold Show this year  Another guy chimed in saying that some girl from Minelab will be there with one.

Remember you heard it here.

Chuck 

• Like 1

On some of the other forums, some people are saying that this will be a kids toy. I'm not seeing it that way, I think this is going to be a pretty decent machine. I usually wait a while before I buy new tech but not this one. I have 1 paid on pre order and should have it in my hands just about the time the snow has melted! I wanna be first in line for this one!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Rob said on his forum that he has a Gold Monster 1000 in his hands for show and tell. But dig his he's not going to be at the Gold Show this year  Another guy chimed in saying that some girl from Minelab will be there with one.

Remember you heard it here.

Chuck 

Gerry McMullen will be demonstrating the new GM1000 at his 3-day intensive gold nugget detecting training class Friday, March 17 through Sunday, March 19th at Rye Patch, Nevada for his paid training class students. There are only 2 class openings left, so if you are interested please give Gerry a call. Training class details here:

http://gerrysdetectors.com/training/

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Digger Jones said:

On some of the other forums, some people are saying that this will be a kids toy. I'm not seeing it that way, I think this is going to be a pretty decent machine. I usually wait a while before I buy new tech but not this one. I have 1 paid on pre order and should have it in my hands just about the time the snow has melted! I wanna be first in line for this one!

Yep I'm the same, got a feeling this one is just what iv wanted for many years... don't know why just do!

• Like 3

People like to flame new machines because it's not their brand or their model. Minelab doesn't build toys. I am not worried about that. It is said they are aiming at the novice. That doesn't mean the X spert can find a use for it. 

What I am interested in is it new tech or does it do something different or better than whats already avaliable.

I am not going to run out and get one until I hear and see one. 

I am also interested in Fishers possible new machine.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, TX Todd said:

People like to flame new machines because it's not their brand or their model. Minelab doesn't build toys. I am not worried about that. It is said they are aiming at the novice. That doesn't mean the X spert can find a use for it. 

What I am interested in is it new tech or does it do something different or better than whats already avaliable.

I am not going to run out and get one until I hear and see one. 

I am also interested in Fishers possible new machine.

Minelab Go-Find is pretty close to a toy but I don't think the Monster will be.   Like you I'm not ordering one until I at least read some reviews and see some real video of it in action.  Hopefully that time is soon!

Bryan

• Like 1