Steve Herschbach

New Minelab Gold Monster 1000

136 posts in this topic

I have it from good authority at Minelab and have been given permission to pass on....

"Control box is water resistant / rain proof / splash proof, but not designed for submersible underwater operation. The coils are waterproof and can be submersed underwater for detecting operation. Specifications and depth rating for the coils will be published soon."

minelab-gold-prospecting-detectors-2016-to-2017-model-changes.jpg

From http://www.minelab.com/customer-care/product-notices?article=305146

We are pleased to announce that the GOLD MONSTER 1000 detector will be available soon. The GOLD MONSTER 1000 turns beginners into experts with fully automatic operation in an easy-to-use, high performance detector.

minelab-gold-monster-1000-prospecting-detector.jpg

The GOLD MONSTER 1000 comes with a choice of coils, battery options and shaft configurations. If you are looking for super sensitive gold performance at a great price, then this is the detector you've been waiting for!

Features:

• Fully automatic operation
  • Extra sensitive VLF performance
  • Highly adaptable
  • 2 search coils included
  • Easy quick start

minelab-gold-monster-1000-controls-screen.jpg

8 people like this

That's looking better, rechargeable battery too...

its been a while minelab but you might have me on this one!

2017 is shaping up to be a good year for metal detecting with Minelab and XP releasing new products. Hopefully Whites and FT have a rabbit in their hats as well and there's the QED, Rutus out and probably Impact on the way and I'm probably leaving something out.

Interesting times indeed!

1 hour ago, Digger Jones said:

2017 is shaping up to be a good year for metal detecting with Minelab and XP releasing new products. Hopefully Whites and FT have a rabbit in their hats as well and there's the QED, Rutus out and probably Impact on the way and I'm probably leaving something out.

Interesting times indeed!

The AKA Intronik STF

Does this new Minelab vlf having any kind of visual target identification while using All metal mode? 

1 hour ago, californiagold said:

Does this new Minelab vlf having any kind of visual target identification while using All metal mode? 

I sent an email inquiry to Minelab and got this response:

“Yes it does. Minelab will be releasing further product details about this within the next couple of weeks.”

1 person likes this

Is there a release date? What is the definite price tag? Like the 19" there were a few different things posted about them.

It's hard when there is a release of a new product when so many see and perceive things differently. I like to know facts and get things in order so I may make the right and educated purchase of said product. 

I thank Steve for being forthright and bringing facts to us.

All the other garbage I've read in this machine makes me a bit confused. 

Thank you Steve for your work. 

Numerous dealers are taking orders at USD$799.00, not just one or two, but a lot of them, so I have to believe this is what they have been told is the "sell price" by Minelab. They are also quoting shipping dates of April 2017.

My serious advice to everyone - be calm. What you have is pre-release information, and details are promised in the next week or two. You can't get a machine until April at the earliest. So sit back and relax. I promise whatever gets posted on this forum is by and large the earliest confirmed accurate information you can get, though some dealers do now and then jump the gun and post things before they are supposed to. I do not, ever, so that might mean having to wait a bit longer here to get the straight scoop. Once you see it here however you can pretty much take it to the bank.

Honestly though, if you just look at the control panel and read what has been stated about the Minelab Gold Monster 1000 so far, I doubt there is much room for a lot of extra super duper secret information. This is not a complicated metal detector.

keep-calm-and-detector-knowledge-will-be-yours.jpg

3 people like this

Minelab Is showing demo units at the GPAA gold shows. So if you're going to the Phoenix show in about a month you will be able to see one there.

Plenty of information on the new detector will be available in not too much longer.

2 people like this

I saw the Monster 1000 at the Pleasanton Gold Show a couple weeks back, they didn't appear to be demo'ing it, the gal in the booth had no technical information on it either, said it was too new. I did like the looks of it, nice combo of coils too. For me to get interested it would have to equal my GB2 in detection ability, Would be handy to have a grab and go tiny gold detector which requires very little adjustment as you hunt. I get tired of thumbing the GB control in the alkali soils every couple ft.