Ringmoney

The Latest On The Deus V4 High Frequency Gold Coils

According to the latest post on XP's blog the frequencies of the HF coils are different than published before. The 9" round HF is now 14-30-59 KHz and the Elliptical HF, available in May 2017 is now 14-30-81 KHz. With 81KHz the Deus V4 should be even more sensitive than the GB2.

https://www.pdf-archive.com/2017/02/10/deus-update-v4-uk/deus-update-v4-uk.pdf

xp-deus-v4-specifications-details-2017-1-web.jpg

xp-deus-v4-specifications-details-2017-2-web.jpg

Hmmmm.... interesting. I was sold on the elliptical but now I have to think about this. I wonder what the true base frequency is? If 14 kHz then 81 kHz may be a high harmonic but will lack energy compared to a Gold Bug 2 at a dedicated 71 kHz. Looks good on paper though. I have to admit I am very skeptical of the May date now after all the other delays. So go for round 9" by next month at max 59 kHz or hold out for elliptical in May (maybe) at max 81 kHz?

I notice the exact dimensions of the elliptical coil are being left unsaid now. In earlier news it was 12cm X 24cm which is 4.72" x 9.45". Maybe different now?

They are now officially being marketed as Gold Prospecting coils, no doubt a disappointment to many - but not me!

xp-deus-vf-high-frequency-coils-2017.jpg

xp-deus-v4-logo-banner.jpg

Download the latest improvements! Download online the free update for your detector http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/metal-detector/deus-update/

The V4 software coupled with the new accessories will further enhance - performance, versatility and ergonomics giving you the ultimate Deus experience.

The new version 4 software and accessories have taken the DEUS to yet another new dimension with added performance and versatility. The new MI-6 pinpointer and innovative high-frequency coils have made the Deus far more adaptable to suit a wider range of search scenarios without the need to purchase several different machines to do the same jobs. The DEUS is therefore, once again, the perfect tool for today’s serious metal detector users.

New Optional High Frequency coils:

These extremely sensitive coils operate on a wide range of 21 frequencies, ranging from 13 to 81 kHz depending on coil choice. Search coils 3 base frequencies:

• 22.5cm (9”) Round DD coil: 14kHz - 30kHz and 59 kHz
  • Elliptical DD coil: 14kHz - 30kHz and 81 kHz

Each coil has a further 7 higher or lower sub frequencies to choose from, allowing a much wider adjustment range. (Previous Deus has 3 sub frequencies) The lower frequencies are intended for general use, they provide good sensitivity to a wide range of targets, the higher frequencies will take the Deus to another level… A level never reached with such versatility, accuracy and stability. You will instantly notice the enhanced sensitivity and the ability to find small targets that have previously been difficult or impossible to locate when searching mineralized ground with competing devices. Apart from the ability to detect through mineralized soil, the HF coils will enhance the signature from weak - low conductive targets or even highly conductive targets, that due to their shape or construction (thin or wired) are beyond the reach of conventional detectors, for example: open rings such as earrings or fine bracelets, wire framed artifacts, gold nuggets, intricate fibula’s, small coins, thin coins, etc. Finally, the new HF coils only weigh 350g and are equipped with the latest higher capacity lithium battery (850mA). The new battery is situated in the lower stem, this is a bonus especially if you are working in a remote area far from a power source.

• Battery life:20h at 15kHz - 27h at 30khz - 28h at 55 & 80 kHz

Specifications can be changed without notification.

PINPOINTER XP MI-6

The new MI-6 Pinpointer has a wide range of innovative features compared to other products on today’s market:

• Audio signal is transmitted directly to the DEUS
  • Interference suppression system between MI-6 / DEUS.
  • Lithium rechargeable battery with long battery life.
  • Waterproof: 6 m / 20 ft.
  • Advanced levels of adjustments via the DEUS:
  • 50 levels of sensitivity
  • Adjustable tones
  • 2 audio modes
  • Battery level indicator
  • 4 programs
  • MI-6 recovery mode - find a lost MI-6 even if it has been switched off for several weeks.
  • Fast one touch pairing between the MI-6 / Deus.

More information on the MI-6 advert : MI-6

Specifications can be changed without notification.

Version 4 New Features and Menus

1 New XY Display
Within the Profile menu is the XY screen option, the XY is an oscilloscope display and can be used as the main screen. The XY display may offer a better visual discrimination aid for certain targets that do not have a specific signature, such as certain large ferrous items, bottle caps etc. The display resolution of the XY trace has 10 levels of magnification thanks to a Zoom function accessible by pressing the Pinpoint button for 2 seconds.

2 New Reactivity 2.5
This level of fast and effective reactivity is a perfect default setting; it represents a good compromise especially when searching new terrain.

3 Improved Programs No10 & No4
Prog 10 Gold field: Advanced audio response and reactivity responses have been added. Excellent performance especially when used in conjunction with the new HF coils…now difficult targets can easily be detected in mineralized ground. Prog 4 Pitch: Added iron volume and the new reactivity of 2.5 has made pitch more dynamic.

4 Improved ferrous discrimination range
For those who search in all Metal, the negative discrimination of 0 to -6.4 now makes it possible to hear ferrous targets which in the past have been silent or partially rejected. The lower discrimination range can also enhance the signature from deep targets which may have originally been rejected. The lower discrimination can also be an advantage when searching for difficult targets such as ceramics or even meteorites.

5 Ground Effects
Advanced ground tracking, especially on weak or low mineralized soils. Each frequency adjusts to its own ground effect value. Improved overall signal processing on difficult ground.

6 Display and signal processing compatible with the new HF coils
When using a 21-frequency HF coil, the display is now capable of handling detecting frequencies up to 80kHz (18kHz before), as well as 7 frequency offsets (compared to 3 previously).

7 DEUS has a compatibility with a Smartphone
Target and ground data can now be sent via link to a smartphone. The new application will soon be available for the Deus, features include : Mapping of detected signals, view / save your search tracks, log finds plus much more, all accessed from and your smartphone (soon available on the web).

8 New program No 9 «HOT»
HOT «The Pro setting» this is a find everything program, based on the Full Tone audio mode with a very low discrimination. Hot is a very interactive program offering excellent feedback and target information.

9 New program No 6 «DEEP»
Pro setting for locating deep targets, with moderate discrimination and specific signal processing Improved Non motion Mode Non motion modes are now more advanced offering better identification on a wider target range, with an improved sensitivity to small targets.

10 Improved Non motion Mode
Non motion modes are now more advanced offering better identification on a wider target range, with an improved sensitivity to small targets.

11 Miscellaneous
Thanks to advances in software, the microprocessor can now work much faster. Navigating the menu is smoother than previous Deus versions, with improved processing. The remote control and the headphones still have a respectable battery life of between 18 and
20 hours.

• Normalization is now a menu feature on XP headphones.
  • The headphone volume is stored when the unit is switched off.
  • The serial number is now used as the coil name.
  • Deleting a coil is done by replacing all the characters with 0.
  • Audio tones now have a higher range – 120 to 993 Hz.
  • Target Normalization mode ON is now the default.

Note: When HF coils are fitted there will be no normalization or TX gain setting available in the menu.

Full V4 Change List:

• Reactivity 2.5, this new reactivity level is fast and deep, offering a good compromise especially when searching new terrain.
• Program No10 GOLD FIELD : Improved Audio Response and reactivity. Goldfield will give excellent results especially when combined with the new HF coils…Now difficult targets can easily be detected in mineralized ground. The Tone menu has been removed.
• Lower discrimination range : For those who want more control over ferrous targets. Negative discrimination of 0 to -6.4 makes it possible to locate previously rejected ferrous items, the lower discrimination range can also enhance the signature from deep targets which may have in the past been ignored. These new options also offer a big advantage when searching for specific targets such as ceramics or even meteorites.
• Ground Effects: Improved Tracking.
• Improved display and signal processing compatible with the new HF 21 frequencies. The display now has the ability to handle detection frequencies up to 81 kHz (18 kHz before), now with 7 frequency offsets (compared to 3 previously).
• DEUS is now compatible with a smartphone: Target information and other data can be sent by radio link to a smartphone. An app will soon be available to unlock these features.
• New program No 9 "HOT" : "Pro setting" this is a find everything program, based on the Full Tone audio mode with a very low discrimination. Hot is a very interactive program offering excellent feedback and target information.
• New program No 6 "DEEP": "Pro setting" for locating deep targets, with moderate discrimination and specific signal processing.
• Improved Non motion / static mode: Non motion modes are now more advanced offering better overall performance, with an improved sensitivity to small targets.
• New processing : Dual processing power improves navigation and a range of other parameters. remote and headset battery life has slightly decreased to 18 and 20 hours respectively.
• Normalization display is now a menu feature on the WS4 and WS5 headphones.
• The headset volume is now stored when switched off.
• The coil name in the coil menu have gone, the serial number is now used as the coil reference.
• Erasing a coil from the list is done by replacing all characters with 0.
• Audio tone can now be raised up to 993 hertz
• Target Normalization mode is on by default (Normalization is not active with HF coils)
• When turning OFF the remote control to use only the wireless headphone, the coil restart

Generally higher frequencies require less windings and therefore high frequency coils can weigh less than low frequency coils. The normal XP DEUS 11 " coil weighs 480 grams (1.06 lbs) and the weight of the 9" stock coil is 420 grams (0.93 lbs).

The new coils are being advertised at 350 grams (are they the same?) or 0.77 lbs. Lighter but does this include the weight of the battery, which is now separate and inside the lower rod?

Any cut in weight is good since the DEUS is nose heavy. What I think is interesting here is the possibility of a much longer life battery mounted under the elbow, extending the operating run time and balancing out the detector. Aftermarket people take note!

• Like 3

Exciting for me. Time to sell some detectors I suppose.

• Like 1

I wont be surprise if a new machine is released soon...............where is the improvement of the beach mode.????......if XP release a powerful beach VLF based on the deus concept but working like a CZ they will take another slice of the market waterproof control box ,but same stem and a larger coil with battery in the stem......

I am pretty sure they realised that having the battery in the coil was limiting how much you could "push" the coil after a while ...the coil must detect itself (batterywise).

Just my 2 cents.

RR

A U.S. dealer is listing the 9" round HF coil as available for pre-order with an Internet price of $425.00. This coil will supposedly be available in March. The HF elliptical is to follow in May - no word on pricing there yet but should be about the same.

I am going to hold out for the elliptical coil. I have the standard 11" round coil already for larger deeper targets so going as small as possible offers me more benefit. I am as much interested in the 5" width as I am the higher frequency. I still think coin and relic hunters are underestimating what the elliptical coil at 14 kHz is going to do in thick trash versus the 9" round coil. At half the width it is bound to get between trash items better to reveal hidden targets.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2017 at 8:26 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

I still think coin and relic hunters are underestimating what the elliptical coil at 14 kHz is going to do in thick trash versus the 9" round coil. At half the width it is bound to get between trash items better to reveal hidden targets.

I agree! but i wll wait the F75 DST on Fast mode is fast very fast especially with the tiny elliptical will the deus beat it ....i ll read the reviews before i invest more fund into the deus.I asked Mr Loubet one day if he could do a smaller coil he said the market for those coils is very small,also at the time he couldt because of the battery in the coil.............now with the battery in the stem we are talking different business.

RR

MD-Hunter has a Good pictorial review of the new 9" round HF coil. What all comes in the box and how the new "battery in lower stem" setup works.

Kind of bums me out the 9" round shipping now but having to wait a couple more months to lay hands on the elliptical version. Realistically I am not going to have much use for one the next couple months anyway, so I guess I am just jealous!

The video below is in French but worth watching. Near the end he weighs the standard 9" round at 350 grams against the new 9" HF round at 355 grams plus 30 more grams from the external battery. At 385 grams you will be swinging more weight on the end of the rod versus the standard 9" coil. The elliptical may come in lighter and therefore closer to the weight of the standard 9" once the battery is included.

• Like 1

I met him at the XP rallye nice chap!

Thanks for sharing the video!!

RR

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Tnsharpshooter
      This will be the first fall and winter season for using these 2 coils.
      I have put quite a few hours on both coils this past summer and very early fall timeframe.
      I do note difference as of late since the temps are cooler and ground wetter with shorter daytime period existing.
      Elliptical HF coil seems to (using equal settings back in the summer) hit better more often on vertically positioned nails in the ground.
      Round HF coil back in the summer, this hitting on vertically suspended buried nails practically nonexistent, but with wetter ground seems happens sometimes, but not near as often as with using HF elliptical coil on Deus.
      This data above is reflective of using Deus with both coils in the same site(s) as I did back in the summer/early fall.
      Don't take this info wrong, I love both coils, are deadly in iron and higher mineral soil.
      Not all nonferrous when swept with either coil will yield textbook tone/ signal either.
      Just this afternoon late back in the area where I recovered old Spanish coin, I get a signal using round HF coil, a signal that would only high tone half the time when sweeping what I considered (perfect to near perfect) position and speed.  Digging suspect target yielded a very thin piece of lead.  This area remember busted countless times with Deus and LF coils.
      I will go on the record here now, based on my testing and use of the round HF coil, comparing and testing against 9" LF coil, from a providing a nonferrous tone/signal on buried objects perspective it is my opinion the 9" round HF coil has made the 9" LF coil obsolete.  Remember how I conditionalized my comment here.
      Using the 9" LF coil does give some advantage depending on the target scenario for ID (give better odds of IDing higher conductive target) since the LF coil can be run at lower freqs than hf coil with NO Vdi normalization selected.  
      So it is my opinion XP might should consider at least for the relic Hunter a Deus package already packaged with either of the HF coils in lieu of LF coils.
      This would obviously save relic hunters interested in Deus some bucks.

• By V3i/MXT Pro
      Looks like there has been a $40 reduction in MAP for the XP MI-6 Pinpointer... It was $199 and is now $159. This makes the XP closer in price to the competition. Many manufacturers dropping prices recently and that's good for the consumer!
    • By Deft Tones
      Finds first:

So back at the end of June I scouted a new park and potential jewelry patch but due to oppressive heat and drought conditions in July and most of August I've only been back three times since then. In addition to climate, my detecting time has severely been cut because jiu jitsu takes over our family life 4 nights a week as my kids and wife found themselves addicted to the dojo and choking people.  I'm a bad influence, I guess.
      Two weeks ago (my last real 6 hour detecting session) I ran into another detectorist at this park working his Ace around the same goal net I worked back in June. Soon we were chatting and then kinda hunting together as he sort of followed me around, which was slightly annoying when I'm used to being alone, but that's me, not him really.
      Anyway, while we were hitting various spots around the park I picked up a small 10k ring at the edge of one playground. 4th hunt here and gold! 1.4 grams 10kt (unknown triangle mark)
      We finally got more rain and I went back to this patch a few days ago. I went to one of the softball backstops the other detectorist and I hunted around a few weeks back. I was mindlessly pulling square tabs three feet from the backstop fence, trying to reduce the trash load, when to my surprise gold #2 appeared - 7.4 grams 14kt FG mens band! Boom!  1 hour 45min into the hunt.
      Same tone as the older style square pull tabs and just about into bottlecap range. In fact, I dug a few square tabs that while on the surface sound and VDI the same as the ring. That's without headphones and using the module's external speaker, btw.
      After 5 hunts of maybe 35 hours I am pleased with the new patch so far. Almost two dozen junk jewelry, over $25 - 30 in change and one silver ring, one silver dove pin (no picture) and two gold rings. 
      Both rings taken with Deus 4.0 11" coil, full tones, 0 discrimination, 0 notch 18khz.
      Thanks for peeking and good hunting to you.

• By goldbrick
      At one time before its release I had been interested in the Nokta Impact. Speculation ran rampant and I got sucked into the vortex. I already owned a Red Racer and a Gold Racer so I knew that Nokta/Makro made good detectors. As so often happens life intrudes on our metal detecting plans. In the last year I have not detected near as much as in years previous so I had shelved my interest in the Impact. Yet recently I have been able to detect more so I went ahead and acquired one.
      As usual, I first read the manual(what a geek). While the Impact is a more complex detector than either the Red or Gold Racer, the excellent menu tree and my perusal of the manual had me up and running in short order. At my first opportunity I took the Impact to a location that has had a serious pounding with the Deus, CTX, and who knows how many other detectors. I started detecting with the stock elliptical affixed to the stick. Although the Impact weighs about 4 Lbs. I thought it was nicely balanced so swinging it did not overly fatigue me.
      This machine has a mode for about any type of detecting you would want to do but on my 1st day I only tried 4 of them. GEN D, DI99, DI4, and VLX2. After a couple hours trying the different modes and learning the tones on the Impact I had found some non-ferrous items that were missed by all other machines but nothing that was a keeper, mainly miscellaneous bits of brass and copper. 
      I thought it was time to switch gears so I threw on the 7" elliptical. I had previously been running mainly factory presets in the various modes but with this coil I wanted to gain back some of the depth I knew I would lose with the smaller coil so I bumped the sensitivity up.  I worried about increased EMI but with this coil running hotter, EMI did not cause me any problems. I really like this tiny elliptical. It's the perfect size for working in the iron while still getting more coverage than a 5" or 6" round. I took this little football coil into the heaviest iron at the site and once again while I was able to pluck some non-ferrous targets out of that mess I found nothing to write home about(story of my life, LOL).
      I did try out the 15" coil. Honestly I am not a big coil guy unless I am swinging a PI and going for max depth. I love working in the iron with VLF's so usually a small coil is welded to the dirt end of whatever machine I am swinging at the time.This 15" is a coil I would use for very specific circumstances only as I would need to wear a harness if I was going to swing it very long. With the 15" mounted up to this machine it was very nose heavy and my arm hurt in no time at all. 
      The wireless headphones seemed to work well. I did not notice any lag that would affect target recovery. A few times I thought I detected the slightest lag in heavy iron, but it was near the end of the day and honestly I was getting tired and probably a little cranky. Likely my imagination.
      At the end of my first day with the Nokta Impact I was favorably impressed with most aspects of the machine. My main gripes were 1) while well balanced it is still 4 Lbs. I am used to a Deus so when you grab this detector you wonder why it can't be lighter. 2) The tones are very digitized sounding. Some people may love these tones, me not so much. 3) The wireless headphones do not have a long enough adjustment band for me to wear them comfortably with a baseball cap. They rode up on my ears and irritated me.
      A few days later I decided to do a shoot out between the Impact and some other detectors I have to see how they performed with iron masking. This test was not done to rigorous scientific standards. LOL. Just a test I did for my own information. I can't post all the individual settings and results. I had to come to work on a tugboat and I forgot and left all my notes at home.  I will give a quick synopsis of my findings. I hope some one finds it useful but it is just my own opinion. Others are likely to have different results. My friend Chuck(Strick) will post photos of the test for me because he is a good guy and has that down pat.
      The machines tested were;
      CTX 3030 with 6"R coil.
      Red Racer with OOR coil.
      Deus with 9" LF coil.
      Deus with Elliptical HF coil.
      Impact with 4x7" coil.
      I made sure the dirt was clean of targets befor flipping over a rubber welcome mat and inserting a 1926 SLQ and a 1855 seated dime into holes in the backing. I did this so the square nails I placed near the coins were slightly elevated over the coins. I manual GBed all the machines except the CTX. The dirt under the mat is kinda hot. It lights up most of the bars on the Deus FE meter.
      The results of the test were surprising to me. First that the CTX did so well in comparison to most of the other detectors. On the first scenario( quarter with one small square nail and one big square nail), all the detectors except the Deus with HF coil could generate a diggable signal on 25% +/- of angles swung on the target. The Deus with HF coil could get a diggable signal 360 degrees around the target.
      On the second scenario(dime with 3 nails), all the detectors except the Deus with HF coil could not generate a diggable signal from any angle swung. The Deus with HF coil could generate a signal 360 degrees around the target.
      As I said before I was a little shocked the CTX did so well in the quarter test scenario compared to most of the other detectors because I have seen the Red Racer, and Deus HF and LF coils eat it alive when comparing signals on live relic digs on un-dug targets in heavy iron. I thought the Red Racer would do better as I have also seen situations in which the little OOR coil on the Red Racer seemed almost magical on targets the Deus LF and other detectors have failed on. As far as the Impact is concerned I felt its performance in these two scenarios on that day in that dirt was was nothing to write home about but to be fair it did as well as any detector besides the Deus with HF coil. I was hoping for more as far as separation/unmasking ability from this detector with the 7" coil onboard. But I must say that a detectorist that I respect very much and I believe is a straight shooter tells me the Impact with 7" coil does beat the Deus with HF coil in some scenarios.
      Anyway, on that day in those two scenarios the Deus with HF coil spanked all the others. I am sure other detectorists will have different opinions or results and that is fine by me. I don't own stock in any of the companies manufacturing these machines.
      In summation I would say I do like the Impact. It has many fine features and I know I need way more hours on it to leverage all of its capabilities to my advantage. In my world the CTX is my park and lawn machine. The Deus with the HF coil has become my main relic machine for heavy iron. I love the Deus for its light weight, speed, and versatility. But now there is a new kid in town- the Impact. LOL . When I get time I know I will enjoy learning the nuances of this machine. I am looking forward to spending more time in the all-metal modes and some of the other modes I haven't explored yet, like Deep mode.

• By 57buick
      So, I was prospecting some bedrock along the river today with the 9" round HF coil. I was trying to use the gold field program but man it was noisy on those black sand rocks constantly. I switched to some other programs like HOT for awhile and got a good hit. Dug out the crack and found a lead fishing buckshot. 
      Figured it was a perfect opportunity to test some programs. I reburied it about 3 inches deep. Strangely what I found was on the Gold Field program I could not tell any difference in sound from the host rock. I Never would have dug it. Switched to a modified HOT program I have saved and it rang nice and loud with no sound from the rocks.  What am I missing? Will the elliptical be any better when it gets here? have one on order still.
      Is there some tweaking I need to do on the Gold Field? Like notching out the rocks? I forgot to try that while I was out there, started raining on us
    • By Tnsharpshooter
      Some folks may be interested in either of these 2 coils, or both actually.
      How do they compare?
      As far as relic hunting and yes coin hunting.
      Today I did some careful testing and thought I would share with folks here.
      I don't have gobs of time yet on round HF coil like I do the smaller HF elliptical.
      Anyway with the HF coil being deemed high frequency some folks when they see or hear about this round coil may be thinking hunting gold nuggets only.
      Well, to make a long story short here, the round HF coil based on my testing is the odds on favorite to sneak higher conductors out of iron and nails vs using LF coil.
      The use of the lower freq band on the round HF coil centered btw at 14.4khz yields some awfully good results for such a big coil.
      If folks thought the 9" LF coil was/is grand here for finding coins in iron and nails, the HF coil here yields significant advantage.
      Higher conductors can be had too using the middle band of frequency centered at 28.8 kHz, but it is my opinion based on testing if a Deus user hunting a site hard using 28.8khz and tried to find all higher conductive coins, I think the site could be hunted again using 14.4 kHz and the possibility of additional high conducive coins be had.
      One very noticeable thing with the round HF coil, Reactivty 4 yields a depth advantage (distance measurement between the planes (where coin and nail) for example lay vs 9" LF coil.
      Many instances where use of Reactivty 4 on LF coil yield no signal on clad dime.
      Also using round HF coil hunting in lots of iron, Reactivty 2.5 IMO yields poor results, better to use 3 or 4.
      The thinking with original LF Deus coils were better unmasking to be had as highest freq approx 18khz, and this was/is still true.
      Using 54khz (upper freq band) IMO based on testing, user looking for high conductors don't expect much detection on higher conductors as far as they existing beneath ferrous object plane.
      Now I did do similar test with US nickel, and IMO strangely I think the differences (advantage noted) for round HF coil are less significant vs 9" LF coil.  Still though a depth advantage using Reactivty level 4.
      Now the testing above was done on a set of sterile concrete steps, with GB dialed on all testing to 84.
      So these test don't really account for soil mineralization effects, but still I think these results do tell me some thing.
      I sure wouldn't expect to see better results than I got if my test rigging was buried in say medium or higher level minerlized soil.
      Now none of this above, it should be necessarily related to gold nugget performance.  
      A side note here.
      Thus far using the round HF coil for me, in a couple sites pounded with Deus both 9 and 11" LF coils, not much has surfaced.  I should point out these few sites have really never given up any high conductors like coins and all of my use of round HF coil has been using 28.8khz freq in these sites.  After testing today I can understand the Why behind maybe why my nonferrous finds were lacking.
      Just thought I would share.
      Cheers.