Ringmoney

The Latest On The Deus V4 High Frequency Gold Coils

did you guys watch that one:???

No, I had not seen that yet - thanks for posting. Definite signal increase going from 14 kHz to 53 kHz. I would expect it to be even more pronounced on smaller items.

Also note the latest advertising is saying the top frequency on the 9" round coil is 59 kHz, the old early release informations said 55 kHz, and the actual control setting in this video show 53 kHz. It is honestly not enough difference to matter but they need to get their act together on clarifying what the exact frequencies are that will be shipping to people. I would not worry about it personally but some people might get up in arms if told 59 khz and then receive a coil operating at 53 khz. I have seen complaints over far less important things.

• Like 3

I agree with you Steve not too sure what s happening there one of my mate work in a shop in France and will test it all day tomorrow or Wednesday he is a skilled detectorist maybe the best i know and will feed me with some objective feedbacks.

RR

Is it possible that the round coil is 59 kz and the eliptical is 53, dosen't seem likely to me, but what do i know.?

Go back to the beginning of this thread - the elliptical is being quoted at 81 kHz.

xp-deus-vf-high-frequency-coils-2017.jpg

Well, I'm surprised an Xp public relations person(s) haven't come forward with the real low down on their equipment.

They do need one.

USA market I think has been good to them,,,they should be giving us things straight from the horse's mouth.

This shouldn't be coming from dealers either.

But looks like we have to take what we can get.

Step up Xp.

Not that many forums in USA,,to copy and paste some real info to.

Guess I missed that!.   Thanx.

Some time back I put my name on a email list of XP Deus to receive all the hot news coming out the door.

Well grab hold on something because it's hot.

They said the V.4 would be out soon.

Now how exciting is that ?

I don't know why but I think I've heard this before!

Chuck 

I didn't realize they made the XY screen a standard option and added ID and ground Numbers to the screen.  This is the best V4 addition IMO.  Pin Pointer looks very impressive as well with or without a Deus.

Yeah, coin and relic people have been down a bit on the V4 upgrade but when you add it all up there is a lot there, even for those using the standard coil. I am not sure how useful the XY display is in practice but it is slick.

1 New XY Display
Within the Profile menu is the XY screen option, the XY is an oscilloscope display and can be used as the main screen. The XY display may offer a better visual discrimination aid for certain targets that do not have a specific signature, such as certain large ferrous items, bottle caps etc. The display resolution of the XY trace has 10 levels of magnification thanks to a Zoom function accessible by pressing the Pinpoint button for 2 seconds.

xp-deus-v4-new-x-y-display.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Tnsharpshooter
      Here is a link talking about the version.
      Still unofficial, but I think we can see at least some improvements users will get when version is officially released.
      http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,2406075
    • By Tnsharpshooter
      This will be the first fall and winter season for using these 2 coils.
      I have put quite a few hours on both coils this past summer and very early fall timeframe.
      I do note difference as of late since the temps are cooler and ground wetter with shorter daytime period existing.
      Elliptical HF coil seems to (using equal settings back in the summer) hit better more often on vertically positioned nails in the ground.
      Round HF coil back in the summer, this hitting on vertically suspended buried nails practically nonexistent, but with wetter ground seems happens sometimes, but not near as often as with using HF elliptical coil on Deus.
      This data above is reflective of using Deus with both coils in the same site(s) as I did back in the summer/early fall.
      Don't take this info wrong, I love both coils, are deadly in iron and higher mineral soil.
      Not all nonferrous when swept with either coil will yield textbook tone/ signal either.
      Just this afternoon late back in the area where I recovered old Spanish coin, I get a signal using round HF coil, a signal that would only high tone half the time when sweeping what I considered (perfect to near perfect) position and speed.  Digging suspect target yielded a very thin piece of lead.  This area remember busted countless times with Deus and LF coils.
      I will go on the record here now, based on my testing and use of the round HF coil, comparing and testing against 9" LF coil, from a providing a nonferrous tone/signal on buried objects perspective it is my opinion the 9" round HF coil has made the 9" LF coil obsolete.  Remember how I conditionalized my comment here.
      Using the 9" LF coil does give some advantage depending on the target scenario for ID (give better odds of IDing higher conductive target) since the LF coil can be run at lower freqs than hf coil with NO Vdi normalization selected.  
      So it is my opinion XP might should consider at least for the relic Hunter a Deus package already packaged with either of the HF coils in lieu of LF coils.
      This would obviously save relic hunters interested in Deus some bucks.

• By V3i/MXT Pro
      Looks like there has been a $40 reduction in MAP for the XP MI-6 Pinpointer... It was $199 and is now $159. This makes the XP closer in price to the competition. Many manufacturers dropping prices recently and that's good for the consumer!
    • By Deft Tones
      Finds first:

So back at the end of June I scouted a new park and potential jewelry patch but due to oppressive heat and drought conditions in July and most of August I've only been back three times since then. In addition to climate, my detecting time has severely been cut because jiu jitsu takes over our family life 4 nights a week as my kids and wife found themselves addicted to the dojo and choking people.  I'm a bad influence, I guess.
      Two weeks ago (my last real 6 hour detecting session) I ran into another detectorist at this park working his Ace around the same goal net I worked back in June. Soon we were chatting and then kinda hunting together as he sort of followed me around, which was slightly annoying when I'm used to being alone, but that's me, not him really.
      Anyway, while we were hitting various spots around the park I picked up a small 10k ring at the edge of one playground. 4th hunt here and gold! 1.4 grams 10kt (unknown triangle mark)
      We finally got more rain and I went back to this patch a few days ago. I went to one of the softball backstops the other detectorist and I hunted around a few weeks back. I was mindlessly pulling square tabs three feet from the backstop fence, trying to reduce the trash load, when to my surprise gold #2 appeared - 7.4 grams 14kt FG mens band! Boom!  1 hour 45min into the hunt.
      Same tone as the older style square pull tabs and just about into bottlecap range. In fact, I dug a few square tabs that while on the surface sound and VDI the same as the ring. That's without headphones and using the module's external speaker, btw.
      After 5 hunts of maybe 35 hours I am pleased with the new patch so far. Almost two dozen junk jewelry, over $25 - 30 in change and one silver ring, one silver dove pin (no picture) and two gold rings. 
      Both rings taken with Deus 4.0 11" coil, full tones, 0 discrimination, 0 notch 18khz.
      Thanks for peeking and good hunting to you.

• By goldbrick
      At one time before its release I had been interested in the Nokta Impact. Speculation ran rampant and I got sucked into the vortex. I already owned a Red Racer and a Gold Racer so I knew that Nokta/Makro made good detectors. As so often happens life intrudes on our metal detecting plans. In the last year I have not detected near as much as in years previous so I had shelved my interest in the Impact. Yet recently I have been able to detect more so I went ahead and acquired one.
      As usual, I first read the manual(what a geek). While the Impact is a more complex detector than either the Red or Gold Racer, the excellent menu tree and my perusal of the manual had me up and running in short order. At my first opportunity I took the Impact to a location that has had a serious pounding with the Deus, CTX, and who knows how many other detectors. I started detecting with the stock elliptical affixed to the stick. Although the Impact weighs about 4 Lbs. I thought it was nicely balanced so swinging it did not overly fatigue me.
      This machine has a mode for about any type of detecting you would want to do but on my 1st day I only tried 4 of them. GEN D, DI99, DI4, and VLX2. After a couple hours trying the different modes and learning the tones on the Impact I had found some non-ferrous items that were missed by all other machines but nothing that was a keeper, mainly miscellaneous bits of brass and copper. 
      I thought it was time to switch gears so I threw on the 7" elliptical. I had previously been running mainly factory presets in the various modes but with this coil I wanted to gain back some of the depth I knew I would lose with the smaller coil so I bumped the sensitivity up.  I worried about increased EMI but with this coil running hotter, EMI did not cause me any problems. I really like this tiny elliptical. It's the perfect size for working in the iron while still getting more coverage than a 5" or 6" round. I took this little football coil into the heaviest iron at the site and once again while I was able to pluck some non-ferrous targets out of that mess I found nothing to write home about(story of my life, LOL).
      I did try out the 15" coil. Honestly I am not a big coil guy unless I am swinging a PI and going for max depth. I love working in the iron with VLF's so usually a small coil is welded to the dirt end of whatever machine I am swinging at the time.This 15" is a coil I would use for very specific circumstances only as I would need to wear a harness if I was going to swing it very long. With the 15" mounted up to this machine it was very nose heavy and my arm hurt in no time at all. 
      The wireless headphones seemed to work well. I did not notice any lag that would affect target recovery. A few times I thought I detected the slightest lag in heavy iron, but it was near the end of the day and honestly I was getting tired and probably a little cranky. Likely my imagination.
      At the end of my first day with the Nokta Impact I was favorably impressed with most aspects of the machine. My main gripes were 1) while well balanced it is still 4 Lbs. I am used to a Deus so when you grab this detector you wonder why it can't be lighter. 2) The tones are very digitized sounding. Some people may love these tones, me not so much. 3) The wireless headphones do not have a long enough adjustment band for me to wear them comfortably with a baseball cap. They rode up on my ears and irritated me.
      A few days later I decided to do a shoot out between the Impact and some other detectors I have to see how they performed with iron masking. This test was not done to rigorous scientific standards. LOL. Just a test I did for my own information. I can't post all the individual settings and results. I had to come to work on a tugboat and I forgot and left all my notes at home.  I will give a quick synopsis of my findings. I hope some one finds it useful but it is just my own opinion. Others are likely to have different results. My friend Chuck(Strick) will post photos of the test for me because he is a good guy and has that down pat.
      The machines tested were;
      CTX 3030 with 6"R coil.
      Red Racer with OOR coil.
      Deus with 9" LF coil.
      Deus with Elliptical HF coil.
      Impact with 4x7" coil.
      I made sure the dirt was clean of targets befor flipping over a rubber welcome mat and inserting a 1926 SLQ and a 1855 seated dime into holes in the backing. I did this so the square nails I placed near the coins were slightly elevated over the coins. I manual GBed all the machines except the CTX. The dirt under the mat is kinda hot. It lights up most of the bars on the Deus FE meter.
      The results of the test were surprising to me. First that the CTX did so well in comparison to most of the other detectors. On the first scenario( quarter with one small square nail and one big square nail), all the detectors except the Deus with HF coil could generate a diggable signal on 25% +/- of angles swung on the target. The Deus with HF coil could get a diggable signal 360 degrees around the target.
      On the second scenario(dime with 3 nails), all the detectors except the Deus with HF coil could not generate a diggable signal from any angle swung. The Deus with HF coil could generate a signal 360 degrees around the target.
      As I said before I was a little shocked the CTX did so well in the quarter test scenario compared to most of the other detectors because I have seen the Red Racer, and Deus HF and LF coils eat it alive when comparing signals on live relic digs on un-dug targets in heavy iron. I thought the Red Racer would do better as I have also seen situations in which the little OOR coil on the Red Racer seemed almost magical on targets the Deus LF and other detectors have failed on. As far as the Impact is concerned I felt its performance in these two scenarios on that day in that dirt was was nothing to write home about but to be fair it did as well as any detector besides the Deus with HF coil. I was hoping for more as far as separation/unmasking ability from this detector with the 7" coil onboard. But I must say that a detectorist that I respect very much and I believe is a straight shooter tells me the Impact with 7" coil does beat the Deus with HF coil in some scenarios.
      Anyway, on that day in those two scenarios the Deus with HF coil spanked all the others. I am sure other detectorists will have different opinions or results and that is fine by me. I don't own stock in any of the companies manufacturing these machines.
      In summation I would say I do like the Impact. It has many fine features and I know I need way more hours on it to leverage all of its capabilities to my advantage. In my world the CTX is my park and lawn machine. The Deus with the HF coil has become my main relic machine for heavy iron. I love the Deus for its light weight, speed, and versatility. But now there is a new kid in town- the Impact. LOL . When I get time I know I will enjoy learning the nuances of this machine. I am looking forward to spending more time in the all-metal modes and some of the other modes I haven't explored yet, like Deep mode.