Ringmoney

The Latest On The Deus V4 High Frequency Gold Coils

58 posts in this topic

did you guys watch that one:???

No, I had not seen that yet - thanks for posting. Definite signal increase going from 14 kHz to 53 kHz. I would expect it to be even more pronounced on smaller items.

Also note the latest advertising is saying the top frequency on the 9" round coil is 59 kHz, the old early release informations said 55 kHz, and the actual control setting in this video show 53 kHz. It is honestly not enough difference to matter but they need to get their act together on clarifying what the exact frequencies are that will be shipping to people. I would not worry about it personally but some people might get up in arms if told 59 khz and then receive a coil operating at 53 khz. I have seen complaints over far less important things.

3 people like this

I agree with you Steve not too sure what s happening there one of my mate work in a shop in France and will test it all day tomorrow or Wednesday he is a skilled detectorist maybe the best i know and will feed me with some objective feedbacks.

RR

Is it possible that the round coil is 59 kz and the eliptical is 53, dosen't seem likely to me, but what do i know.?

Go back to the beginning of this thread - the elliptical is being quoted at 81 kHz.

xp-deus-vf-high-frequency-coils-2017.jpg

Well, I'm surprised an Xp public relations person(s) haven't come forward with the real low down on their equipment.

They do need one.

USA market I think has been good to them,,,they should be giving us things straight from the horse's mouth.

This shouldn't be coming from dealers either.

But looks like we have to take what we can get.

Step up Xp.

Not that many forums in USA,,to copy and paste some real info to.

Guess I missed that!.   Thanx.

Some time back I put my name on a email list of XP Deus to receive all the hot news coming out the door.

Well grab hold on something because it's hot.

They said the V.4 would be out soon.

Now how exciting is that ?

I don't know why but I think I've heard this before!

Chuck 

I didn't realize they made the XY screen a standard option and added ID and ground Numbers to the screen.  This is the best V4 addition IMO.  Pin Pointer looks very impressive as well with or without a Deus.

Yeah, coin and relic people have been down a bit on the V4 upgrade but when you add it all up there is a lot there, even for those using the standard coil. I am not sure how useful the XY display is in practice but it is slick.

1 New XY Display
Within the Profile menu is the XY screen option, the XY is an oscilloscope display and can be used as the main screen. The XY display may offer a better visual discrimination aid for certain targets that do not have a specific signature, such as certain large ferrous items, bottle caps etc. The display resolution of the XY trace has 10 levels of magnification thanks to a Zoom function accessible by pressing the Pinpoint button for 2 seconds.

xp-deus-v4-new-x-y-display.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Tnsharpshooter
      I enjoy running my Deus units in full tones while hunting,,especially relic hunting.
      But is full tones necessarily the best to run in all cases???
      Can a nonferrous target be missed,,,even a worthy coin???
      The answer to the second question above,,,YES.
      Deus users I recommend you do the following experiment and similar experiements for understanding.
      Take a look at the pic below.
      The ruler is in pic to show nail size.
      Two nails are pictured,,,but only one was used at a time,,,in the position associated with IH penny.
      Deus users using full tones (no disc or very low) sweeping down the barrel of this nail,,(I used  9" coil btw),,do you think you would dig the coin???
      Would I??
      IMO I even with as much Deus experience I have,,,,I would give a less than 40 percent chance of digging.
      What are the symptoms here with this coin and nail configuration??
      You won't get much tone nuance,,little if any to identify,,,,you do get elongated low roar(so near iron grunt) it ain't funny.
      Meter reading will amp to and try to read in the mid20s to 30s,,,but the meter reading don't match the sound provided in the least.
      Btw I have seen some relic iron (solo buried) do the very same thing here.
      So what to do,,,to maybe not miss a find maybe laying in this configuration in an old site???
      IMO,,,users would be serving themselves here well,,,if they have an adjacent program setup,,using regular 2 tone or 3 tones setup,,with disc at level between 6-7,,,I used 7 when testing coin with bigger nail,,,nail procided no tone,,dead quiet,,,,but put the coins,,,IH,,zincoln,,or clad dime as shown in pic,,and a good tone to stop you in your tracks.
      When in the field using full tones,,you hear a longer signal,,dull sounding,,meter reading in 20s or 30s,,toggle to your adjacent 2 or 3 tone program and sweep and listen.

• By Shelton
      Simple bench test. Full screen version of video allows you to activate English subtitles.

• By goldbrick
      I was spaced out, staring out the window with my mouth hanging open,contemplating the vagaries that occur in our lives when I was struck by a revelation. Maybe my detector isn't a P.O.S., maybe it is broken?
      The problem is my XP Deus is very noisy in All Metal mode. In the highly variable ground of N. California I can not get it to run quiet in AM. The ground grab function does not get an exacting enough GB so I am forced to manually GB the Deus. It will run smooth for a few feet but then start yakking at me. Re-GB and repeat the scenario ad nauseam. Auto tracking is just as noisy. I have found gold with it listening through the noise but it is mentally fatiguing to try to determine a faint target or is it noise? The Discriminate modes run quiet, the machine is a real peach for coin and relic hunting but All Metal mode just sucks and its bringing me down.
      I know Ray, Scott, Steve and hopefully others on here own a Deus or did. Have your machines exhibited the same behavior? What say you gentlemen?
      Thanks,
      Merton
    • By Tnsharpshooter
      Folks,,,I have been seeing some threads,,a few talking about Xp warranty.
      Seems some problems could possibly crop up with warranty repairs.
      I don't know what Xp's formal position is here on warranty repairs,,,,as far as needed paperwork,,registration,etc.
      I will post this link here,,,to maybe shed some light.
      I have commented in this link.
      https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=243067
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Scott sent me this Google translate link on what appears to be a credible source discussing a detector show in France.
      https://translate.google.com/translate?act=url&depth=2&hl=en&ie=UTF8&nv=1&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.tousapoele.fr/xp-deus-v4-et-nouveaux-accessoires/

Big news includes a two box coil setup to take the DEUS to the cache hunting world, a pinpointer, phone app, but most of all, that new mystery coil. Version 4 of the DEUS operating system brings with it a new coil that allows for 10, 20, 30, and 40 khz operation. (2/10/17 update - the new frequencies will be 14, 30, and 59 kHz plus 14, 30, and 81 kHz. Go here for latest info) The old coils will not run at these frequencies so this new elliptical will take the DEUS to a whole new level, one with obvious implications for nugget hunters.

It is also in this leaked dealer video starting around 19 minute mark....
    • By Norvic
      https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?id=20743
      Appears to be nothing on XPs site about this but maybe the wait is near over.