Ringmoney

The Latest On The Deus V4 High Frequency Gold Coils

58 posts in this topic

Can someone explain what this XY graph is plotting to someone new to these types of machines and ID readouts? Are the two numbers conductive and ferrous ID's? I'm assuming one number is X and one is Y, so is the plot a representation of the change in the numbers as the coil moves over the target then?

The XY Visualization mode already exists on the DEUS as a hidden "engineer's function". They made it public so people can play with it. Here are some details:

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=233833

The V3i has a similar mode called the "Polar Plot" or "Vector Analysis Screen". These type of displays can help identifying ferrous items.

Basically what you are seeing is a graphical representation of the target phase and signal strength.

The xy screen as well as multi tdi, are both present in ver 3.2 although the representation of the graphics looks slightly different. Did XP change anything about this screen other than how you access it. I really like the multi tdi screen, it locks onto numbers and holds them a bit alerting to signals that might warrant a little more investigation, hope they still have access to this screen or have replaced/changed things so it's no longer needed.

Ahhhh...sorry Steve, was typing and missed your reply.

Just wondering, and may have already been asked. Will the new V4 upgrade have any improvements on the 3.2 I already have with stock coils . 

33 minutes ago, Sourdough Scott said:

Just wondering, and may have already been asked. Will the new V4 upgrade have any improvements on the 3.2 I already have with stock coils . 

Yes, several.  Basically everything besides number 6 applies to everyone.

Version 4 New Features and Menus

1 New XY Display
Within the Profile menu is the XY screen option, the XY is an oscilloscope display and can be used as the main screen. The XY display may offer a better visual discrimination aid for certain targets that do not have a specific signature, such as certain large ferrous items, bottle caps etc. The display resolution of the XY trace has 10 levels of magnification thanks to a Zoom function accessible by pressing the Pinpoint button for 2 seconds.

2 New Reactivity 2.5
This level of fast and effective reactivity is a perfect default setting; it represents a good compromise especially when searching new terrain.

3 Improved Programs No10 & No4
Prog 10 Gold field: Advanced audio response and reactivity responses have been added. Excellent performance especially when used in conjunction with the new HF coils…now difficult targets can easily be detected in mineralized ground. Prog 4 Pitch: Added iron volume and the new reactivity of 2.5 has made pitch more dynamic.

4 Improved ferrous discrimination range
For those who search in all Metal, the negative discrimination of 0 to -6.4 now makes it possible to hear ferrous targets which in the past have been silent or partially rejected. The lower discrimination range can also enhance the signature from deep targets which may have originally been rejected. The lower discrimination can also be an advantage when searching for difficult targets such as ceramics or even meteorites.

5 Ground Effects
Advanced ground tracking, especially on weak or low mineralized soils. Each frequency adjusts to its own ground effect value. Improved overall signal processing on difficult ground.

6 Display and signal processing compatible with the new HF coils
When using a 21-frequency HF coil, the display is now capable of handling detecting frequencies up to 80kHz (18kHz before), as well as 7 frequency offsets (compared to 3 previously).

7 DEUS has a compatibility with a Smartphone
Target and ground data can now be sent via link to a smartphone. The new application will soon be available for the Deus, features include : Mapping of detected signals, view / save your search tracks, log finds plus much more, all accessed from and your smartphone (soon available on the web).

8 New program No 9 «HOT»
HOT «The Pro setting» this is a find everything program, based on the Full Tone audio mode with a very low discrimination. Hot is a very interactive program offering excellent feedback and target information.

9 New program No 6 «DEEP»
Pro setting for locating deep targets, with moderate discrimination and specific signal processing Improved Non motion Mode Non motion modes are now more advanced offering better identification on a wider target range, with an improved sensitivity to small targets.

10 Improved Non motion Mode
Non motion modes are now more advanced offering better identification on a wider target range, with an improved sensitivity to small targets.

11 Miscellaneous
Thanks to advances in software, the microprocessor can now work much faster. Navigating the menu is smoother than previous Deus versions, with improved processing. The remote control and the headphones still have a respectable battery life of between 18 and
20 hours.

• Normalization is now a menu feature on XP headphones.
  • The headphone volume is stored when the unit is switched off.
  • The serial number is now used as the coil name.
  • Deleting a coil is done by replacing all the characters with 0.
  • Audio tones now have a higher range – 120 to 993 Hz.
  • Target Normalization mode ON is now the default.

Note: When HF coils are fitted there will be no normalization or TX gain setting available in the menu.

xp-deus-v4-specifications-details-2017-2-web.jpg

1 person likes this

And remember - the V4 software upgrade is free to existing DEUS owners. You can also go back to 3.2 or earlier if you don't like it.

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Basically what you are seeing is a graphical representation of the target phase and signal strength. On the V3i X=Phase and Y=Signal Strength and I think the DEUS is the same.

X=reactive and Y=resistive; together they give you the phase. So for a straight line response, the angle of the line is the phase, and the length of the line is the amplitude.

2 people like this

The zoom function on the XY screen is perhaps a powerful function added to the "hidden" XY screen plus if it also gives residual trace will enhance the capability to separate signals. Could be a top tool.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Geotech said:

X=reactive and Y=resistive; together they give you the phase. So for a straight line response, the angle of the line is the phase, and the length of the line is the amplitude.

Is it the same with the Deus? What causes the non-straight (squiggly or polar-looking) plots like in the vid Steve linked or what is the interpretation of that sort of plot on a type of target that changes with movement of the target over the coil? 

Is the phase related to VDI (or whatever it's called on a Deus/V3i)? It sounds like you are describing a vector but in the vid the Deus doesn't seem to be plotting vectors since the lines are all the same magnitude. I've never used a V3i, so not sure how similar or different they are.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Shanan
      Hi Steve & All
      Im UK based and detect for coins, relics, well just about anything really, I may even have found some info of a river that may produce gold,
      Im not sure how many of you guys can help, Im in the market for a new detector and I have been pondering the XP Deus for some time but have held fire on my purchase because of the release of the Nokta Impact, I am always on this site looking at the reviews etc and wanted to hear any experiences of the Nokta Impact, I know its early days yet and reviews are thin on the ground, but experts like yourselves will have an initial feeling about new gear and instantly know if you like it or not,
      in the UK the Deus will be around £300-£350 more expencive than the Impact, so my question is to those who may have both, Which do you prefer, why, which would be your go to machine, does the Impact compare to the Deus, which do you think maybe the best all rounder, is the Deus worth the extra $
      Any help is greatfully received, Thanks in Advance, Shanan
    • By Sourdough Scott
      Since the V4 update came out, it has been real quiet on here. Anyone using the update with any success? Anyone figuring out the programs and making any custom ones? 
      I got a custom program from a friend. For iron infested areas. He was explaining to me the Deus was made for European hunting. Of course I knew that. But he further explained that they have wrought-iron in Europe and we don't we don't have so much in the states. So he has figured out a program that is better suited for the iron and steel in the united states. So I am going to go test run it. So if you have any success stories or issues, please share. That is my goal with the Deus this year, is to learn it, and become more proficient with it.
    • By Tnsharpshooter
      I am seeing folks report problems with V4.
      I have recently downloaded and updated both my units.
      If I try to go to disc,,and hit expert keys,,screen freeze.
      The same with notch selected,,,hit expert screen freeze.
      Also no freq shift allowed,,screen freeze.
      Have to power down to get out of screens.
      Some folks are not having this problem,,but many are.
      Seems going back to 3.2 version solves all these problems.
      Stay tuned.

• By Tnsharpshooter
      Just a heads up.
      http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/DEUS/Update/DEUS_UPDATE_English_Setup.exe
      USA link with info.
      http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,2354487
      Version 4.0 manual
      http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/telechargement/Instruction manual/DEUS_V4_MANUAL_UK.pdf

• By Tnsharpshooter
      Alright, another hunt today,,5 hours long,,same site as yesterday.
      I feel the need to share some I think worthy information.
      Xp Deus version 4,, is quite a bit different from version 3.2.
      Overall it is better,,will I think make some sites come alive again,,hunted previously with any detector really even Deus and previous versions to Version 4.
      I listened close today,,and did make some worthy finds,,,considering all or maybe some of these has had a detector coil over them by me personally during the course of the last 6 years.
      So what is different with version 4??
      First let me say,,,so far my exclusive use of version 4 really is running the hot program.
      I ran disc setting again today using full tones  disc between 2.0 and 2.5., I did find a few finds by using,,and with time in the site today,,I really started bearing down.
      My goal was to try and start seeing if by audio alone and how it behaved,,could I start cracking the code on maybe trying to realize what real challenged nonferrous might just sound like.
      Well I tried using the disc settings above,,,whalt happened???
      I was digging nails,,,yes nails sounded pretty darn good,,,one thing though about these signals here I was digging,,they were a bit shorter,,but has the other characteristics of usually what a good hit would sound like.
      Well as I went t along,,I got over another one of these similar behaving/sounding targets,,,so I'm saying to myself,,huh and other nail???
      Well here is where the light bulb started brighter,,,I started reducing disc,,got to zero,. this suspect target still sounded like a good hit(closer),,so I just kept lowering disc,,and sweeping,,,,when I got to -2.5--- Eureka!!
      With disc setting -2.5 in full tones using version 4,,, to me this sounds awfully close to version 3.2 does.
      Meaning the Deus over nails,,,give the rolling sounds,,with grunts.
      I hunted for around 2 hours using in the site,,,,and the site sounded like I was running 3.2 (almost),, and this here is BIG.
      Deus version 4,, based even on so far roughly 8 hours in the field,,,has even more of an inate ability to find nonferrous in iron and nails,,,but ALSO has the more inate ability even a user will listen to tone intelligence/ characteristics,,,to ID ferrous materials with unusually shapes,,including round(er).
      And before a person says,,Well Deus has always liked round,,,yes I know this,,,but I think now,,,even in a separation and unmasking detecting scenario,,,it is seeing more here on even ferrous,,,and I think this carries over to the nonferrous side as well.
      Some folks may have thought Deus version 3.2 was the end all for Xp,,,well I got news for those who thought --Wrong.
      I do realize due to weather, some Deus users are grounded so to speak,,,all I can say,,is if you are a Deus runner,,and enjoyed running full tones using 3.2 with zero and even lower disc,,,I highly recommend you opt for disc setting of -2.5,, for your self,,,to at least establish a base line of sorts,,,this I think will help you and speed up your learning curve overall.
      In the pic,,ferrous on top,,nonferrous on the bottom.
      The 2 nonferrous button and brass thingy,,dug on edge around 5-5.5" deep,,the bigger item towards the right is lead,,,looks a lot like the find I dug earlier here.  This particualr find,,,I would almost bet the farm,,if swung over using Deus version 3.2,, user would be thinking iron.
      The little musket ball,,a mere 1.5" deep,,,covered with ferrous too,,and the little flat button a mere 3" deep.
      The iron finds,,they had quite a bit of signature of being nonferrous,,,I really think Deus with version 3.2 would have be used to study these targets,,,likely would have called them moreso iron. Not as much of a way to base audio on the shape of ferrous.
      Seems version 4 has narrowed the gap a bit as far as ferrous and nonferrous,, distinguishing with tone.
      I have always said,,and folks I think don't realize this,,,most folks seem to guide their thinking on how well a detector sees nonferrous or alerts on it or recognizes it.
      But something equally important is how a detector recognizes iron and nails and the degree to which they do.  I mean a detector has to do both well,,to be a very good detecto IMO.  I would also bet,, version 4 Deus is better on say half of coins in ground and in nails and iron vs Deus 3.2.
      Dragnet is wider using version 4.0....

• By Tnsharpshooter
      Alright,
      Deus V4 hunt, 9" coil.
      Three and a half hours roughly.
      I can already say this based on this short period of using V4 in the wild.
      The $1 and $2.50 USA gold coins,,the half dimes,,even the real worn ones,,eagle cuff buttons,,,,all should be shaking in their boots.
      Version 4 is no BS folks.
      Very solid performer.
      This site I've spent a lot of time on,,I call this one of my detector proving grounds site,,,cause it is challenging,,and I take certain models detectors here to just see what happens.
      I only ran the hot program on Deus version 4,,, 90 sens ,,,dead on GB,,,reactivity 2.5 silencer -1.
      Super signals provided on these targets in pic.
      I have dug similar finds in this site with Deus version 2 and 3.2,,So I know what most of them sounded like,,,these targets today BIG difference.
      I encourage relic hunters at least to waste no time updating their detectors
      to version 4.
      So besides the super signals on these targets what else did I see.
      Don't know what this means exactly,,,all of these targets but one,,,could not be detected in plug even if the plug was turned right side up.
      The harmonica reed was pretty deep,,,and it had a bit of iron twang to it.
      I compared hot program to Deus fast program with the same settings dialed in,,,they seem different to me.
      I will bet over the last 3 years somebody in the USA with Deus has actually swung over a $1 gold coin,,not that deep mind you,,,and never was alerted.
      If they would have had version 4 Deus running in hot program,,this coin would have been recovered.
      I checked the mineralization meter,,remember Inwas using 9" coil,,,4 ticks in the meter,,checked in 3 different spots.
      Hot program seems a bit sparkier in iron,,,and here is some thing I never notice before with version 3.2.  If a person using hot program,,if they hover their coil over iron they will make it sound like a more diggable signal.
      I played a bit with negative Disc,,,but I hunted with disc level at 2.5 using full tones.
      Version 4 seems to make shakier version 3.2 signals,,and turns them into full fledged good signal.
      Big congrats deserving to Xp here,,,I really mean this too.
      I expect to see some nice finds made with version 4 Deus runners.
      I have been hunting this site for 6 years,,on and off,,mostly on,,,today,,for time hunted my most productive hunt,,and to think I was wet behind the ears with version 4,,,,this should tell folks some thing,,,it does me.
      The three finds top left are ferrous,,the rest nonferrous.
      This site has never produced much for me over the years,,straight across the road,,that spot has been a lot better for me,,,now I got to hunt it using version 4. No telling what I'll find,,that is where the contemporary capped bust dime was found.