Ringmoney

The Latest On The Deus V4 High Frequency Gold Coils

58 posts in this topic

I wonder why Xp didn't make a 6x9" coil,,,using the original frequencies??

I would have been interested in one of those,,,,if separation could have been increased over 9" round coil.

At least I can get the pinpointer and be happier.

1 person likes this

Ok, if people are now getting their hands on the new HF coils, where is the V4 download for existing users? Am I missing something?

1 person likes this

Steve,

If you are referring to Craig,,I think he is using a beta version update just for testing and demo purposes.

1 person likes this

OK, thanks David.

Sorry I havent gotten more updates up.  I accidently bricked my coil downgrading to v3.2 with 3.2 update softwar and v4 coil paired.  The v4 update software recognizes v4 coils and doesnt try to push down grade to it like 3.2 installer did.  Oops...now i wait and see if it can be recovered.  Had i realizes 3.2 (and 2.0 for that matter) were options in the new installer it could have been avoided.  So there is some tester advice.  Only use the new installer to be safe.  Hope I'm not stuck with a $425 paper weight.

Andy Sabisch had a full and detailed report on the V4 beta testing and info on release dates on Facebook . This is copied from Andy's post.

V4.0 . .  . Let's try this one more time . . . . . 

People keep posting that they are upset at XP for not releasing V4.0 and having the "audacity" of releasing it to dealers while the consumer is left outside looking in.  Well, to put it bluntly, the reason the software has not been released is that it is NOT ready . . . not sure what makes people think it is.

The fact that a VERY small number of dealers just received the beta software and accessories to test was done intentionally and it was to ensure there are no glitches rather than giving them a leg up on the competition as some have posted.  XP is not playing favorites but rather trying to get all the test data they can to make sure it is ready when released.

All of the new accessories need to work with the V4.0 software and while some people have zero interest in them, they are part of the updated software. The testing is taking place to ensure the software works with them for the 95% of the people that want at least one of them as well as the 5% that simply want the software update.

Personally I am sure that future updates will not be discussed prior to their release as was done when V3.0 - V3.2 was released after this debacle in terms of customer posts. That way there is no hype, speculation and angst when it is not released due to issues that arose. Many of you have said XP should release it and then issue patches to address any issues . . . . . if you feel the Microsoft-way of releasing software is the answer that's fine but XP does not subscribe to that approach. That happened when V3.0 was released followed by V3.1 and V3.2 within a few weeks and they have said there will be no V4.1, V4.2, etc.this time.

There have been multiple revisions to the V4.0 code (4.0.XX) to get to the present point and as issues are found they are getting addressed but when the release is made, it will be V4.0. It i still in beta testing at this point and input is being collected from around the world.  XP wants to make sure this release is done right period.

Not sure how many users you think there are in the States but the U.S. user base is a very small percentage of Deus owners worldwide. Having been at the Gold Rally in the UK where there were 750+ Deus users made me realize that it is truly a worldwide detector that has taken the world by storm .  Everyone is anxious to get it but when it is released the number of people that will be downloading it will make your head spin. The last thing XP wants is an issue with the build that requires more recoding, testing and another release.  They have more projects on the table and the sooner they can get V4.0 out, the sooner they can move on to getting them into our hands.

Personally I would rather have it RIGHT than RIGHT NOW and that is the approach that XP is taking.

Andy Sabisch

1 person likes this

This is very true.  Just had a minor update this week.  Addressed one labeling issue I reported to them.  Anyway,  here is more in depth look at the pointer deus integration and depths.

People have seriously suggested XP would put this in dealer hands first, just so the dealers can run out and clean out all the last remaining good finds left on earth ahead of everyone else? Just when I think every silly thing has been said that can be said about metal detecting something newer and sillier comes along!

They just need to take all the time needed, period. Rushing anything to market is never the answer. And try as they may I will bet on 4.1 happening anyway. No number of testers can find what thousands of users worldwide can find. But let's get it 99% done anyway.

Besides, more delay gives me another reason to watch Hitler one more time!

On 2/23/2017 at 8:53 PM, DetectingMO said:

I accidently bricked my coil downgrading to v3.2 with 3.2 update softwar and v4 coil paired...  Hope I'm not stuck with a $425 paper weight.

I hope that coil came back to life!