Sourdough Scott

Sluicing On The New Banks Of The Feather River

YOU'RE RICH!!!!

• Like 1

Scott, I hope you show us the clean up results of the sluicing. 

Brian.

All jesting aside I am sorry for the flooding being at your doorstep - hopefully not in it. That has to be a scary feeling having your home under siege like that.

• Like 4

It  will probably go into my garage , but I got everything of value lifted up today .  The river will have to rise another couple feet to get to the bottom of my house. Im pretty optimistic it won't .  

• Like 3

Boy I love when Oroville area floods. The flood gold gets right to the top. I have a very reliable source that used to live where lake Oroville is now. He and his childhood neighbor both attest to a gold vien that goes from just about the center of the spillway to the north end of Potter's ravine. Both have pictures of family members working gold mines there.

I know from experience there is gold around the area. Though I'm not happy about the damage to the dam, I do think the floods there will reveal something for some lucky person.  

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By tsunamiscott
      I was cruising through the Minelab website looking for any new bits on the Equinox and came across this marketing video that compares the detectors in the "Treasure Detector" range.  I think it's interesting, though not surprising, that the marketing hype is toned-down when the Equinox is compared to the rest of the Minelab range. 

• By Cal_Cobra
      Tom(CA) and I have been working a site that we researched that's produced several 1850's - 1860's seated coins, and some rogue early 1900's coins, as well as a variety of period relics.
      We tried to get one more trip in before Old Man Winter completely shut us down, and it did in fact shut us down, but not before I finally, got something I've been looking for for a long time, and after watching others find them over the years (I saw Tom dig three!!!), I was starting to think it would never happen.  
      Well it finally happened, and it turned out to be a good one, an 1865 San Francisco minted Liberty Half Eagle!!  
      Here she is out of the hole:

Here she is rinsed off:

Here's a video of the hunt:
      Less than 100 known, Mintage: 27,612

Although the mintage of the 1865-S is quite a bit higher than the mintages of the S Mint Half Eagles from 1858 to 1864, it compares in overall rarity to the 1858-S, 1860-S and 1863-S and is only slightly less rare than the others. Almost all known examples of this date are well worn with VF and lower being all one can expect to find. The 1865-S ranks second in the entire $5 series according to average grade and I do not know of a specimen that would grade better than EF. The very few specimens that I have seen were rather softly struck and the mintmark was always quite weak.

Thanks for looking, hopefully the next one comes easier
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Published on Aug 15, 2017 -  In this video we work on finding a promising area to set up the gold dredge and then get it up and running. We work it for a day. In the end, I pan out my concentrates, but did not capture the final pans. But I think it's an interesting video and I hope you enjoy watching it as much as I did making it.