Sluicing On The New Banks Of The Feather River

I have friends in Oroville - this is getting to be a scary situation. I am wondering what damage can be done and how much water released if the auxiliary spillway fails as they have predicted. Some of the articles are talking about 100,000 cubic feet of water coming into Oroville lake each SECOND (roughly 750,000 gallons per second)..

And if it somehow survives, they are now calling for a new series of storms running Thursday the 16th, through at least Tuesday the 21st. Yikes!

oroville-e-spillway-1486707137.gif

On 2/11/2017 at 4:32 PM, Sourdough Scott said:

Found the sweetest little fishing hole. Close to home .  Must be the full moon , nothing was biting . 

2017_021116_3003_494.png

Looks like icebergs in the back ground. Watch out they don't sink your house boat.

John

My old home town. I was born and raised there. This is a total eye opener. Never listen to state officials. They lie till it's to late. Just a personal thought. My daughters and many life long friends are displaced. Not cool. 

IMG_20170212_172433067.jpg

• Like 1

Crappy photo but it's what I got. The expectation is that the emergency spillway is expected to fail withing 30 minutes. 

Anybody got a 24" dredge on a huge boat?  I'm ready. 

• Like 1

There are some good videos on KCRA 3 news about what is going on at this time.7:30 P.S.T. 2/12/17

IMG_0233.PNG

• Like 1