Sluicing On The New Banks Of The Feather River

I think I understand.... Seen flooding water plenty of times in the Tennessee River system where I am from..

Water always won when it flooded more than the engineers ever planned for,... and even sometimes when they had planned for it.

Water seems to find insidious ways to flow exactly where it wants to... downhill.

Like my camper roof!

4 hours ago, Reno Chris said:

I watched the helicopter video for a while and did see at least one spot that might make for productive detecting, but I think I will wait until the danger is past. :ph34r:

Yes there is one good spot there Chris. I know others spots within walking distance too. Also on private. Also would be good to use double top secret ninja hunting techniques. 

Be vewy vewy quiet!! 

John

• Like 1

11 hours ago, klunker said:

Just think. These jeenyusez at the Calif. Dept. of Water Resources are now in charge of making wise, fact based, honest and forthright decisions concerning gold dredging and mining.

Yep one of them geninous had the bright idea of clearing all the brush and trees on the emergency spill way. I understand the logic but I still think they goofed a little on that one.  

strick

OroDam-Fri-AM-3.jpg

• Like 1

Water with this kind of force and pressure will always find a way around 'bags of rocks.' The real "fix" that is happening, is that the water is being drained down to a 'manageable' level (88% of capacity). If that continues and they are  able to get the water level down low enough to also handle the upcoming rain, the folks below the dam may be out of trouble for awhile. Fingers crossed.