Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rob baum

Picked Up A Minelab Pro-Sonic

5 posts in this topic

i was at the pleasonton gpaa gold show yesterday and got my hands on a pro-sonic.  there price is $269 and they said they shipped them out to all the vendors on friday so everyone that wants one should be able to get one shortly.

thumbnail_20170212_072634.jpg

i hope to get out this weekend with it hooked to my sdc so well see how it does by itself and with the treasure screamer plugged in.

Rob, the Pro Sonic already has 3 watts of amplification built into it; adding the screamer on top of it would be overkill. But it would be interesting to hear what it sounds like...if the external speaker survives😀

IMG_0454.thumb.PNG.1cd1c8bc9d6c478a78c30da9916e9841.PNG

2 people like this

I was able to take this out a week ago and got a few hours in on it with my sdc2300.  although I didn't find any gold it was really nice not getting tangled up on the bushes.  as far as the volume goes it is plenty loud with the head phones but when I would unplug them to let my friend here the target, the speaker was way to low.  I plugged in my amp and external speaker and it was much better.  I couldn't notice any delay at all with the unit although I would get some kind of interference every once in a while as if the unit was loosing connection.  I tried wiggling the wires and other things but could not figure out what was doing it.  I plugged it in my friends x-terra 705 for a few minutes and didn't seem to have any interference.  I hope to get out with it some more soon to see if it was the area I was in or its my detector not playing nice with it.

3 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By FschJg
      Using the GPX with wired headphones is a pain in the neck for me. So I was looking for a wireless option. When I saw the Pro Sonic system I went ahead and ordered it. What a relief, so much more freedome without the cable. Especially the heavy GPX with all it's cables and the harness makes it so much more pleasant not to have another cable. I can place the detector away from the target area while digging and don't have to take my headphones off. No more cable getting snagged at the handle, no more dangeling wire.
      Another benefit, on a hot day, I just clip the receiver to the shoulder strap of the Pro Swing 45 and use the speaker instead of headphones. 
      About a possible delay in audio responds, so far I have not noticed any delay. Audio is spot on as the coil passes over the target.
      Another nice to have feature especially on a GPX is the volume adjustment on the receiver module.
      So in conclusion, I can say, I am very pleased with the Pro Sonic. I paid $269 for the system. Is it worth the money when you compare it to the Garrett or Deteknix systems? Maybe not. I think the only benefit is the built in speaker of the ML system. Other than that, if you are on a budget or you only use headphones, go ahead and buy the Garrett or Deteknix and safe more than half. I think ML needs to come down with the price to make it more attractive. So why did I buy it?  Ohh well I guess I am a ML fan boy 😆
      FschJg
    • By Rod K
      So? What are y'alls thoughts on headphones for nugget hunting? Will a person do just as well with a less expensive set of Treasure Wise or Garrett Master Sound phones, or do the more expensive models like the Detector Pro Nugget Busters and Grey Ghosts really help a lot? What is your choice of headphones?
    • By Jackpine
      I had been running my threshold setting at 7 to get the slight hum in my phones and it finally dawned on me this is not an optimum setting for picking up deeper fainter signals since a setting closer to 0 should be best.  Having always ran the detector volume control in the upper ranges and using the headphones to control the audio level, I decided to switch it around by setting the headphones to max and using the detectors volume control to set the overall audio level.  This made a huge difference, now I can get that same slight hum with a threshold setting of 2. Subjectively there seems to be much less modulation on the deeper targets where now coins in the 10"+ range are much louder hits.  I'm also running the detector volume control at 4 to 5 to get the same audio volume I was getting before with it set in the mid 20's.
      Tom 
      OK so I decided to do some air tests to see what difference there is in audio modulation and on coin size targets there is a difference in audio the last few inches.
      First number is a full audio report distance (or as close as my ears perceive it), second number is the distance target lost.  The difference between is the amount of audio modulation where the target volume decreases to the point the signal is lost.
      The first column is with the headphone volume at max and threshold audible at 1 setting (0 is silent),  second column is detector volume at max with threshold at 7 (6 silent)
      Headphones max......................-... Detector max dime............. .............9" /10" ...- ..7" / 10"                 Buff nickel......9-1/2" / 10-1/2" ...-.. 8" / 10-1/2" IH penney..........10" / 10-1/2"....-....9" / 10-1/2"    As we see there is no difference in detection distance between the 2 settings but a more modulated audio response with the detector volume at max.
      I also tried the dime with the detector volume at max with a 0 threshold setting and the results were a full volume report to 6" with a max detectable distance of 9", for a 1" loss. Because of this it is apparent that ML has designed the threshold level to follow the volume setting (7 equals 1) which would allow max sensitivity when the detector is used without headphones in cases where a high volume setting is needed to overcome ambient noise.   The loss of response on the dime indicating a negative threshold setting because at this volume setting 6 is actually zero.
      Since these were coin sized targets and not tiny nuggets the difference could be even bigger when nugget hunting.

• By Steve Herschbach
      Garrett News Release - Lightning-Fast Garrett Z-LinkTM Wireless Technology

As announced earlier this year, Garrett will soon be rolling out wireless technology. The first introduction, to be formally announced later this fall, will be a Wireless Transmitter/Receiver Kit that will work with virtually any brand of metal detector and/or headphone combination.
      These wireless modules will employ unique Garrett Z-Link Wireless Technology providing a near-zero delay time between the detector and headphones. The Garrett units will operate six times faster than Bluetooth (the speed claimed by some current wireless transmitter kits). This means you are hearing the target signal while the searchcoil is directly over the target, helping you to pinpoint and recovery your targets more accurately,
      The new Wireless Transmitter/Receiver Kits can be ordered with either a 1/4-inch headphone jack cable (PN: 1627100) or a Garrett 2-pin AT connector cable (PN: 1627110, for use on AT Pro, AT Gold, or ATX units). The transmitter and receiver modules can be recharged with the supplied USB cables by attaching them to your laptop, your vehicle's USB port, or to a phone charger's USB power block. When fully charged, the units will provide up to 30 hours of operation-significantly longer field time than offered by other wireless models.
      More product information, including pricing will be announced later. Seen below is one of the Wireless Transmitter/Receiver Kits.

Following the release of the new Garrett Wireless Transmitter/Receiver Kit, the Garrett Z-Link Wireless Technology will be implemented into future metal detectors and headphones.
      One of the products sure to create attention will be a new All-Terrain (AT) product that is slated for a spring 2017 release. Just like the current AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, and Pro-Pointer AT, this new machine will maintain its waterproof integrity while adding exciting new features, including built-in Garrett Z-Link Wireless Technology for headphones. More specific details on this detector and other wireless accessories will be made available in early 2017.

• By cabelafella
      I seen they are available now on the Garrett website . I ordered one from Metaldetectors.com . Im looking forward to trying this one out and cuttin the cord.