Picked Up A Minelab Pro-Sonic

rob baum

i was at the pleasonton gpaa gold show yesterday and got my hands on a pro-sonic.  there price is $269 and they said they shipped them out to all the vendors on friday so everyone that wants one should be able to get one shortly.

thumbnail_20170212_072634.jpg

i hope to get out this weekend with it hooked to my sdc so well see how it does by itself and with the treasure screamer plugged in.

Rob, the Pro Sonic already has 3 watts of amplification built into it; adding the screamer on top of it would be overkill. But it would be interesting to hear what it sounds like...if the external speaker survives?

IMG_0454.thumb.PNG.1cd1c8bc9d6c478a78c30da9916e9841.PNG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to take this out a week ago and got a few hours in on it with my sdc2300.  although I didn't find any gold it was really nice not getting tangled up on the bushes.  as far as the volume goes it is plenty loud with the head phones but when I would unplug them to let my friend here the target, the speaker was way to low.  I plugged in my amp and external speaker and it was much better.  I couldn't notice any delay at all with the unit although I would get some kind of interference every once in a while as if the unit was loosing connection.  I tried wiggling the wires and other things but could not figure out what was doing it.  I plugged it in my friends x-terra 705 for a few minutes and didn't seem to have any interference.  I hope to get out with it some more soon to see if it was the area I was in or its my detector not playing nice with it.

• Like 3