Sign in to follow this  
Ridge Runner

How Much Money You Got For A Wireless

I was looking over on Chris Gholson forum and he's got the new Garrett Z-Lynk for 127.46 with free shipping. He is also putting your name in the pot if would like the new Minelab Pro Sonic for 269.00 plus free shipping.

I'm just wondering if the one that has a higher price that much better than the other ? I know Minelab puts out a great product and as far as I know always has. But is the added 141.54 better than the American made one.

I can't go out and buy both to find the answer to my question so I hope over time you can.

Chuck

Sooner or later we will get comparison reports. Both units are just too new yet to expect that - but soon. I just a got a Z-Lynk yesterday and will be reporting on it this week.

The main difference is the Pro-Sonic has a built in speaker and volume control on the receiver. The Z-Lynk receiver has just the volume control. This does however make the Z-Lynk smaller. Nearly all my detectors have a built in speaker and so if I want to use an external speaker I can just go without headphones.

The Pro-Sonic is aimed a bit more at Minelab models, like the SDC 2300 which has a very weak external speaker. That is why an SDC adapter comes with the Pro-Sonic. That drives the price up for people who do not need that adapter. There are also people who try and use a GPX without the harness and bungee by adding small aftermarket batteries. Since the GPX has no speaker, the Pro-Sonic again is possibly a better option there.

If all you want is to run wireless headphones however the Garrett unit does it for you and for less money. In Australia the Garrett no doubt sells for more and so there is less price difference. I suppose if you had a Z-Lynk and really wanted to you could just plug a speaker into the receiver. I may try that with my B&Z booster.

Steve

Thanks for the reply.

I've had SDC 2300 and like said I wish I too had the Pro Sonic to go with it. Then I  got bye but with age my hearing just not as good.

I would never put down Minelab in any way because I've had so many products from them and never been disappointed. 

I'd say it's about 10 Minelab to Garrett 2 on buying from both. Whatever it would add up too it's more than I want my wife to know.haha

Chuck 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      Garrett News Release - Lightning-Fast Garrett Z-LinkTM Wireless Technology

As announced earlier this year, Garrett will soon be rolling out wireless technology. The first introduction, to be formally announced later this fall, will be a Wireless Transmitter/Receiver Kit that will work with virtually any brand of metal detector and/or headphone combination.
      These wireless modules will employ unique Garrett Z-Link Wireless Technology providing a near-zero delay time between the detector and headphones. The Garrett units will operate six times faster than Bluetooth (the speed claimed by some current wireless transmitter kits). This means you are hearing the target signal while the searchcoil is directly over the target, helping you to pinpoint and recovery your targets more accurately,
      The new Wireless Transmitter/Receiver Kits can be ordered with either a 1/4-inch headphone jack cable (PN: 1627100) or a Garrett 2-pin AT connector cable (PN: 1627110, for use on AT Pro, AT Gold, or ATX units). The transmitter and receiver modules can be recharged with the supplied USB cables by attaching them to your laptop, your vehicle's USB port, or to a phone charger's USB power block. When fully charged, the units will provide up to 30 hours of operation-significantly longer field time than offered by other wireless models.
      More product information, including pricing will be announced later. Seen below is one of the Wireless Transmitter/Receiver Kits.

Following the release of the new Garrett Wireless Transmitter/Receiver Kit, the Garrett Z-Link Wireless Technology will be implemented into future metal detectors and headphones.
      One of the products sure to create attention will be a new All-Terrain (AT) product that is slated for a spring 2017 release. Just like the current AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, and Pro-Pointer AT, this new machine will maintain its waterproof integrity while adding exciting new features, including built-in Garrett Z-Link Wireless Technology for headphones. More specific details on this detector and other wireless accessories will be made available in early 2017.

• By Andyy
      My apologies if this has been covered.  I did some searches and did not find answers to the question.  
      I have a GPZ with headphones (Sun Ray Pros) and would like to use these on my new Gold Monster 1000.  I have tried the typical stereo conversion cable and it still did not work.  By not work, I mean the sound stays on speaker.  It did not work for Sun Rays or Black Widows headphones.   But of course, the original GM1000 headphones *do* work.   But we all know how cheesy those are.  So far, the only solution I have heard involves opening up the headphones and making permanent modifications.  Has anyone else been successful at this?   (see my attempted conversion cable below..)
    • By Boandtia
      What waterproof headphones can you use with the Equinox in the sea ?
      Why did they not fit a CTX 3030 headphone socket so we could use the phones we already have ?
      Is there an Equinox to CTX 3030 headphone adaptor available ?
    • By Norvic
      https://newatlas.com/nura-headphones-review/52214/?utm_source=Gizmag+Subscribers&utm_campaign=5eaf25216b-UA-2235360-4&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_65b67362bd-5eaf25216b-92422477
      Maybe of interest to those of us that are fairly deaf to part of the normal sound spectrum. I just love tech and how it can help us in so many different ways.
    • By Jin
      My sp01 Audio Enhancer arrived today in the post. I've been using a B&Z booster and have been happy when using it with the twin speakers setup. When using the headphones though I felt the quality of the sound wasn't quite good enough. Overall though the B&Z has been great.
      When I heard about the Steel phase I thought the extra audio features might make the signal clearer when used with headphones so I bought one. As always Nenad is a pleasure to buy from. Always polite, punctual and lets you know whats happening after you've purchased and waiting for delivery. 
      I've included a few pictures of the Steelphase next to the B&Z just for size comparison. The other units you see in the picture are my wireless transmit/receive units. Hopefully, they work as well as the did when connected to the B&Z.
      All going well ill get to try it out next week.

• Guest Jennifer
      By Guest Jennifer
      Hi all, I just picked up a Pro-Sonic wireless system from Rob and am eager to hear what you all have to say about a headphone recommendation for it, I've always hated the Koss OEM GPX headphones but am torn between something like a Ghost two ear coverage or a Rattler with one ear for use in snake country.
      Have any of you used the Rattler one sided headphones and were they worth the reduced hearing or should I go two phone coverage?
      Thanks all
      Jen