Sign in to follow this  
Ridge Runner

How Much Money You Got For A Wireless

Ridge Runner    441

I was looking over on Chris Gholson forum and he's got the new Garrett Z-Lynk for 127.46 with free shipping. He is also putting your name in the pot if would like the new Minelab Pro Sonic for 269.00 plus free shipping.

I'm just wondering if the one that has a higher price that much better than the other ? I know Minelab puts out a great product and as far as I know always has. But is the added 141.54 better than the American made one.

I can't go out and buy both to find the answer to my question so I hope over time you can.

Chuck

Steve Herschbach    7,843

Sooner or later we will get comparison reports. Both units are just too new yet to expect that - but soon. I just a got a Z-Lynk yesterday and will be reporting on it this week.

The main difference is the Pro-Sonic has a built in speaker and volume control on the receiver. The Z-Lynk receiver has just the volume control. This does however make the Z-Lynk smaller. Nearly all my detectors have a built in speaker and so if I want to use an external speaker I can just go without headphones.

The Pro-Sonic is aimed a bit more at Minelab models, like the SDC 2300 which has a very weak external speaker. That is why an SDC adapter comes with the Pro-Sonic. That drives the price up for people who do not need that adapter. There are also people who try and use a GPX without the harness and bungee by adding small aftermarket batteries. Since the GPX has no speaker, the Pro-Sonic again is possibly a better option there.

If all you want is to run wireless headphones however the Garrett unit does it for you and for less money. In Australia the Garrett no doubt sells for more and so there is less price difference. I suppose if you had a Z-Lynk and really wanted to you could just plug a speaker into the receiver. I may try that with my B&Z booster.

Ridge Runner    441

Steve

Thanks for the reply.

I've had SDC 2300 and like said I wish I too had the Pro Sonic to go with it. Then I  got bye but with age my hearing just not as good.

I would never put down Minelab in any way because I've had so many products from them and never been disappointed. 

I'd say it's about 10 Minelab to Garrett 2 on buying from both. Whatever it would add up too it's more than I want my wife to know.haha

Chuck 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Swifty
      Wireless earbuds are out on the market now and I am wondering is it possible to replace the wm12 with a Bluetooth or wifi set of earbuds? Is there a spec on the wm12 wireless conection someplace? This would help out a lot with line of site issue I have sometimes when I'm using headphones with the wm12.

• By Nokta Detectors
      Dear Valued Members,
       Please read the below info carefully regarding the 2.4 GHz Wireless Headphones compatible with Racer 2/ Gold Racer and Impact:
       WE SHIPPED ALL DEALER BACKORDERS AS OF TODAY.
       The headphones have been updated and finalized with hardware and software changes. We have also added a battery level indicator tone when the headphones are turned on.
      FOR RACER 2 AND GOLD RACER - The headphones will ship with a dongle and MAKRO LOGO on them.
      FOR IMPACT – They will ship with NOKTA LOGO and without the dongle. In other words, there is only 1 headphone and they will work on all 3 machines – without a dongle on the Impact and with the dongle on the Racer 2s and Gold Racers.
       We apologize that they were delayed so long and thank you for your patience!
       Dilek

• By doc holiday
      Steve,I have been reading on several forums that people report that wireless headphones,because of "cross talk" will decrease the detection depth. What is your input on this? Thanks.
    • By delnorter
      I finally tried out the Z-Lynk, wireless detector to headphones system I bought from Chris over at Arizona Outback. I was working very steep ground in Northern California and am truly happy about the purchase. I'm a better prospector using this system. Being able to set the detector aside and concentrate on digging the target is much more appealing, even marginal targets.
      I was using the Z-Lynk with Calrad headphones and a Gold Bug 2. I didn't find anything but large and small square nails and spikes, but was in the right area.
      Try it, you'll like it,
      Mike
    • By mn90403
      The last time I went detecting I got a skunk.  During that time of listening to my 7000/14 I noticed that my signals were 'breaking' in a way that made me not understand the ground I was swinging on.  I found myself tuning and re-tuning my detector seeking a steady threshold.  I was going over my wireless connections as well as my conservative sensitivity settings in an effort to hear the signals better.  The breaking can come from several sources.  The detector, the headphones/wireless and my ears.
      I'm in the process of checking my headphones and hearing by using this website.
      http://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php 
      I've found several of my old headphones have problems.  I'm surprised I hear the range of sounds on the tests.  I get all the mid-range stuff I need, I think.
      I have a pair of Gray Ghosts that are built like a tank but don't work properly.  Does anyone know if they have a lifetime warranty?
      Some of my Koss UR-30s have stopped working.  I know I can get an exchange on those with some cash.
      Mitchel
    • By FschJg
      Using the GPX with wired headphones is a pain in the neck for me. So I was looking for a wireless option. When I saw the Pro Sonic system I went ahead and ordered it. What a relief, so much more freedome without the cable. Especially the heavy GPX with all it's cables and the harness makes it so much more pleasant not to have another cable. I can place the detector away from the target area while digging and don't have to take my headphones off. No more cable getting snagged at the handle, no more dangeling wire.
      Another benefit, on a hot day, I just clip the receiver to the shoulder strap of the Pro Swing 45 and use the speaker instead of headphones. 
      About a possible delay in audio responds, so far I have not noticed any delay. Audio is spot on as the coil passes over the target.
      Another nice to have feature especially on a GPX is the volume adjustment on the receiver module.
      So in conclusion, I can say, I am very pleased with the Pro Sonic. I paid $269 for the system. Is it worth the money when you compare it to the Garrett or Deteknix systems? Maybe not. I think the only benefit is the built in speaker of the ML system. Other than that, if you are on a budget or you only use headphones, go ahead and buy the Garrett or Deteknix and safe more than half. I think ML needs to come down with the price to make it more attractive. So why did I buy it?  Ohh well I guess I am a ML fan boy 😆
      FschJg