How Much Money You Got For A Wireless

I was looking over on Chris Gholson forum and he's got the new Garrett Z-Lynk for 127.46 with free shipping. He is also putting your name in the pot if would like the new Minelab Pro Sonic for 269.00 plus free shipping.

I'm just wondering if the one that has a higher price that much better than the other ? I know Minelab puts out a great product and as far as I know always has. But is the added 141.54 better than the American made one.

I can't go out and buy both to find the answer to my question so I hope over time you can.

Chuck

Sooner or later we will get comparison reports. Both units are just too new yet to expect that - but soon. I just a got a Z-Lynk yesterday and will be reporting on it this week.

The main difference is the Pro-Sonic has a built in speaker and volume control on the receiver. The Z-Lynk receiver has just the volume control. This does however make the Z-Lynk smaller. Nearly all my detectors have a built in speaker and so if I want to use an external speaker I can just go without headphones.

The Pro-Sonic is aimed a bit more at Minelab models, like the SDC 2300 which has a very weak external speaker. That is why an SDC adapter comes with the Pro-Sonic. That drives the price up for people who do not need that adapter. There are also people who try and use a GPX without the harness and bungee by adding small aftermarket batteries. Since the GPX has no speaker, the Pro-Sonic again is possibly a better option there.

If all you want is to run wireless headphones however the Garrett unit does it for you and for less money. In Australia the Garrett no doubt sells for more and so there is less price difference. I suppose if you had a Z-Lynk and really wanted to you could just plug a speaker into the receiver. I may try that with my B&Z booster.

Steve

Thanks for the reply.

I've had SDC 2300 and like said I wish I too had the Pro Sonic to go with it. Then I  got bye but with age my hearing just not as good.

I would never put down Minelab in any way because I've had so many products from them and never been disappointed. 

I'd say it's about 10 Minelab to Garrett 2 on buying from both. Whatever it would add up too it's more than I want my wife to know.haha

Chuck