Sign in to follow this  
kiwijw

7 Tiddlers For The Zed 1 For The Bug 2

Topnotch Post! Good on ya! Greatday! :rolleyes: Cheers from -11c Idaho. Ig

Hi there Idahogold & Andyy, Thanks guys for dropping in & for your comments. Appreciated.

Ig, -11c Hopefully we are still several months away from those kind of temps. Going by the amount of snow up in the hills yesterday morning for this time of the year, supposed to be our summer, maybe winter is coming early. The dredgers are complaining about the cold water & higher than normal river levels for this time of the year due to unseasonable snow melt. Global warming aye :rolleyes:..... Cheers

JW :smile:

Please don't talk about an early winter JW.  We are heading to NZ for 3 weeks late March.  The old girl is crapping herself that it's going to be a little chilly for her. The rest of us don't care :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Hi there Northeast, I thought you guys would be glad for some cooler weather. The thing with the cool is you can dress for it but you cant dress for that heat you guys get. Dont know how you detect in those temps. We had 24 C today, just perfect & it was a gorgeous day. That snow has all but gone. If you are heading to Queenstown look me up.

JW :smile: 

Evening JW. 

Queenstown is certainly on the list. Any particular things that you reckon are 'unmissable' in your part of the world I would be happy to hear them.  Local knowledge can very handy sometimes :wink:

As far as the heat goes, I am usually out at day break and home by about 10 on a Saturday morning. Kids are ready to do something by then and the lady wakes up to a hot coffee :rolleyes:.  And I'm in Victoria so we (usually) don't get the humidity that the north gets. Lived in the NT for 2 years though - we all loved the wet season.  

Cheers, N.E.  

Hey Northeast, when my wife and I hit the south island, about 10 years ago, we hit the glow worm caves and the Shotover jet.  New Zealand is gorgeous, which helps you forget you're driving on the wrong side of the road and dodging possum every 6 feet   :)

• Like 1

Hi there Northeast, Thats a tough one. Bit like, How long is a piece of string. There are of course all the touristy things you can do which are endless & cost $$$$$ or there are the back high country off the beaten track type of stuff. Like old gold mining ghost towns & related type stuff. It depends what you are into & what floats your boat. How long are you in QT for? Just goggle What to do in Queenstown NZ. 

The chap I took out last saturday was from Victoria.

G'day Andyy, Which glow worm caves did you go to. Waitomo in the north island are by far the best. http://www.waitomo.com/#section1 Te Anau, which is the lake next to the lake here in Queenstown Lake Wakatipu, does have glow worm caves but they arent a patch on the ones up north.https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=te+anau+glow+worm+caves&rlz=1C1GGGE_en-GBNZ551NZ559&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=950&tbm=isch&imgil=NV6scqjft6CHUM%3A%3BHEG_r3dcytsfaM%3Bhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.tripadvisor.co.uk%252FLocationPhotoDirectLink-g255124-d523691-i175795408-Te_Anau_Glowworm_Caves-Te_Anau_Fiordland_National_Park_Southland_Region_S.html&source=iu&pf=m&fir=NV6scqjft6CHUM%3A%2CHEG_r3dcytsfaM%2C_&usg=__wzyW-W5OQeWjv-aHfk-GnjbvAGk%3D&ved=0ahUKEwjJ6eWZ2JbSAhWMS7wKHX3-DcsQyjcIswE&ei=D7GmWImmGYyX8QX9_LfYDA#imgrc=NV6scqjft6CHUM:  What did you think of the Shotover Jet? 

You do need to be very careful to stick to the left side of the road in NZ when driving, Which is the left side of the road here & in Aussie. We have had two deaths this week alone due to tourists wondering on to the wrong side of the road & causing head ons. One death was an Australian women & it was just down the road from where I live. It is actually a very bad & serious problem & happens all too often. It is usually the innocent that end up getting killed, as in the Australian women. It is not uncommon to be going down the highway at 100 to 120 k's an hour, drive around a bend in the road & there be a tourist stopped in the middle of the road taking a photo. I kid you not. Not even pulled over to the side of the road. IDIOTS. Dont get me started....

As to the possums. You can blame our Aussie neighbors. Thats where they came from, & the wallabies. Do you think we can get rid of them......Not a hope.

Good luck out there

JW :smile:

• Like 1

Yeah JW.  I think I did get mixed up.  It was Waitomo.  And I proposed to my wife at Lake Tekapo.  We'll make it back again someday.