Rivers rat

New CTX 14"x 9" Coil

10 posts in this topic

Enjoy

RR

1 person likes this

Lot of guys are going to like that one. Given what the Coiltek 10" x 5" cost however they may not like the price!

I always thought what the CTX needed was an 8" round.

6 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Lot of guys are going to like that one. Given what the Coiltek 10" x 5" cost however they may not like the price!

I always thought what the CTX needed was an 8" round.

You are exactly right Steve.  Out of coil frustration for my CTX I just picked up a used ETrac and one of the first coils I purchased was the SunRay 8" round coil.  I have no desire for this 9x14 for Turf hunting.  

Bryan

The same reason I sold my CTX, I just could not get the coils I wanted.

This coil is said to have a release date of March 28th and an "Internet Price" of $395.00. From http://www.coiltek.com.au/coils/coin-treasure/14-x-9-ctx/

This new open web elliptical coil is an exciting addition for the CTX3030 detector. Utilising Minelab CTX technology this coil is fully approved and tested to the highest standard. Fully submersible to 3 meters this coil makes pinpointing easy, conveying an accurate location for fast retrieval. It offers the perfect footprint when it comes to size without compromising depth. This coil is robust, strong and reliable and its ability to source the treasure amongst the trash is outstanding.

Size: 370mm x 240mm
Weight: 985g / 34.7oz
Configuration: Double-D (DD) coil

Read a testimonial from Gary Drayton here.

coiltek-9x14-dd-coil-minelab-ctx-3030.jpg

On February 13, 2017 at 9:38 PM, Cabin Fever said:

You are exactly right Steve.  Out of coil frustration for my CTX I just picked up a used ETrac and one of the first coils I purchased was the SunRay 8" round coil.  I have no desire for this 9x14 for Turf hunting.  

Bryan

Same here. Acquired an etrac specifically to run the X8 coil. 

Another video

Not much in the way of new information but Trevor Ferraresso of Coiltek has posted a new Treasure Talk blog about the new CTX 9" x 14" coil. The coil is supposed to be available for purchase now according to the article.

imagejpeg

Not something I'm interested in at the moment. Already have the 4 other coils. Three of which I use regurarly. The large 17" coil does not really give me much if any in the way of depth over the 11"and I hardly ever use it due to the extra weight.  This new coil is heavier then the 17".  It will have to perform miracles before I can be suckered into buying it.  

strick

I use the 13.5" x 17" more for ground coverage than depth. I like the 17" personally and maybe it's just from swinging a GPZ so much but the weight does not bother me. My 17" weighs 901.5 grams / 31.8 oz on my postal scale including cable versus the 985g / 34.7 oz reported for this new coil.

1 person likes this