New CTX 14"x 9" Coil

Rivers rat

Interesting, i have had the 14x9 on my CTX since the release date with none of the issues from that report and mine is serial number 216.  How could it punch deeper than the 11 inch round it is only 9 inches wide.  I really like the 14x9 and have found it to be fantastic in the water and on the beach.

• Like 1

I'm not surprised. The 10x5 was a dud also with mounting problems of its own.  The coil  selection for the CTX is sad.  I finally sold mine and now run the Etrac. Coil selection played a large roll in that decision.  The one thing the CTX has going for it is that its stock 10" coil is fantastic. Its one of the few detectors I have bought that I didn't feel the need to immediately put an aftermarket coil on to improve its performance.

Bryan

8 hours ago, Cabin Fever said:

I'm not surprised. The 10x5 was a dud also with mounting problems of its own.  The coil  selection for the CTX is sad.  I finally sold mine and now run the Etrac. Coil selection played a large roll in that decision.  The one thing the CTX has going for it is that its stock 10" coil is fantastic. Its one of the few detectors I have bought that I didn't feel the need to immediately put an aftermarket coil on to improve its performance.

Bryan

I run the stock coil 90% of the time. I've also found good use with the 6" round and use the 10x5 occasionally. I use the 10x5 with the stock shaft and stock nut and bolt only problem is that it will not lay flat when you put the detector down to dig a target. The detector wants to tip over unless the ground is level. I just lay the detector on it's side in those situations. 

strick 

3 hours ago, strick said:

I run the stock coil 90% of the time. I've also found good use with the 6" round and use the 10x5 occasionally. I use the 10x5 with the stock shaft and stock nut and bolt only problem is that it will not lay flat when you put the detector down to dig a target. The detector wants to tip over unless the ground is level. I just lay the detector on it's side in those situations. 

strick 

Hey Strick.  The Anderson Lower Rod works good with the 10x5. It allows the coil to lay down and doesn't put so much pressure on the cable.  The early run 10x5 coil had too small of a hole and did not accept the stock CTX bolt. Some guys drilled there's out. 

http://andersondetectorshafts.com/products/lower-rods/

Bryan

• Like 1