normmcq

Any One Have This Problem With A Ctx?

18 posts in this topic

I got a CTX 3030 for Christmas and left home for some better weather. I got my 3030 out for the first time at a club coin hunt a little over a week ago. I got it out for the second time today to detect a beach at a State Park beach. After about fifteen minutes, I started to hear a sound like a jack hammer. I stopped and took my headphones off thinking there must be a maintenance crew close by. The noise was gone. The noise  was coming from the detector. I restarted the detector and from then on it would never go past the start up screen and no sound coming from the machine. I have a second battery and the 17" coil. I changed both and still would not go past start up screen. I am a thousand miles from home, my warranty info and the box it came in. 

Any thoughts out there?  Sending off to a repair facility not knowing where I will be or when it might get repaired or replaced is not the option I am looking for.

Norm McQ

Never heard of that one. When in doubt a full factory reset (Reset All) is the thing to try, but you will lose all custom settings. The problem is you need to get to the menu. Double and triple check the battery - remove it, wait, put back in. You need to get to that reset menu.

reset-minelab-ctx-3030.jpg

1 person likes this

Norm;

you have to quit breaking your toys...play nice.

Steve beat me to it, do a full reset, I know you don't have any custom programs ...yet!

fred

I will recharge the battery, and try again. Never could get to the reset menu.

Try just holding the power button in until a reset screen comes up if it won't go past the start up screen. This works on the GPZ so the CTX could be similar.

JP

1 person likes this

Norm sorry your having problems already with the CTX. They really are a great machine. I had the same problem with mine but it happened after a water hunt.  Do you get tones? I never thought to try the reset prior to sending it in but try what Johnathan said before sending back. 

strick

Battery is on charger and will check in the morning to see if anything has changed. I had checked the reset earlier, no tones and nothing beyond  the start up screen.

Norm

Ok I did every thing that was suggested. Checked all connections,recharged the battery, changed coils, held power button in for two minutes several times. Machine has NEVER been close to water and has less than an hour of use. When powering on does not go beyond start up screen and no tunes. 

Looks like I have a defective detector.   Is there a repair facility in Arizona?

Norm

I am sorry to hear that Norm. First step contact dealer you purchased it from. These days dealers do not seem interested in helping their customers but there are exceptions. 

As far as I know Kellyco is the only service center in the U.S. but that is under review now and there may be other options. Here is the next place to go after contacting your dealer:

For all customers in USA, Canada, Mexico, Central America and South America: please call your Service Centre for guidance on which of our Authorised Service Centres will be able to assist you.

Minelab Americas
1938 A University Lane
Lisle, IL 60532

Service Centre: 1-877-SOS-MLAB (1-877-767-6522)
E: service@minelabamericas.com

1 person likes this