Steve Herschbach

A Closer Look At The " Other " Minelab Gold Monster 1000 Rod Assembly

14 posts in this topic

This is a previously posted screenshot from the Minelab introductory video of the GM1000. I did a little quick paste work to block out distractions in the screenshot. Its worth a little study as regards the rod assembly. The GM1000 here is sporting the 5" round coil.

minelab-gold-monster-1000-alternate-rod-with-5-inch-coil.jpg

1 person likes this

Theoretically one could use a piece of pvc pipe just long enough to accommodate the 5" round coil and the control/handle assembly, and voila - an ultra portable pinpointer with iron discrimination. 

4 people like this

Nice idea!

minelab-gold-monster-1000-pinpointer-conversion.jpg

1 person likes this

Nice! The GMk will be a versatile machine. 

1 person likes this

Well, if you had one anyway....

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, fredmason said:

that would be a pricey pinpointer...

fred

And heavy too ;)

Be nice for scanning tunnel walls .

19 minutes ago, Hobo said:

Be nice for scanning tunnel walls .

And vertical cut banks along streams, rivers and desert dry washes. 

I have seen supported hand grips similar to this style on cheap china products.....  Here is an example of one version.

country_trails_metal_detector_w_viewmeter_gc-1016a.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Reno Chris
      So while lots of folks were able to make the Las Vegas GPAA gold show that concluded Sunday afternoon, many could not make it. This year the GPAA has experimented with a couple things including a live broadcast of interviews with various dealers and other folks. Some of it is pretty good, while other parts are so-so, but its easy enough to fast forward through parts you dont care about. There are a lot of interesting people at these shows and they got some very interesting and entertaining interviews. There are interviews with Bill Southern, the Pomrenke boys from Bearing Sea Gold, Shannon Poe from AMRA, Debbie Smikoski from Minelab (who talks about the GM 1000 with Kevin), Dave Variboff from Goldbay (who sells millions worth of gold specimens) and lots of other folks in the mining and prospecting business. On the second day, because they were running out of good people to interview, they even interviewed me. There is a lot of good information here and it is all saved, but the way facebook archives this stuff, its not that easy to find.
      So here is how you can find it if you want to look in -
      Go to:
      https://www.facebook.com/pg/GoldProspectors/videos/?ref=page_internal
      The videos are not fully labeled, but if you hover over them with your cursor and look at the length, the one that is 1:25:17 long is the one with me in it, I appear at the 45 minute mark, Debbie Smikoski from Minelab follows me at the 1:07:39 mark. A lot of the time before me on the video is Shannon Poe from American Mining Rights Assn. (AMRA). Other folks like Bill southern, Dave Variboff and others are all on the other videos from this weekend. Its worth checking out - its not all 5 star entertainment and information, but there is some really good stuff there. 
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Just appeared at http://www.minelab.com/usa/customer-care/product-notices?article=309482
      GOLD MONSTER 1000 - Available for purchase worldwide from May 8th 2017 onwards
      Minelab is pleased to announce that the GOLD MONSTER 1000 will be available for purchase worldwide from May 8th, 2017 onwards*. The GOLD MONSTER 1000 features fully automatic operation and comes with a choice of coils, battery options and shaft configurations. If you're looking for super sensitive gold performance at a great price, then this is the detector you've been waiting for!
      The GOLD MONSTER 1000 has been tested by ‘pros’ in USA and Australia, with great results…

Gold nugget found with GOLD MONSTER 1000 by Jonathan Porter - Professional Gold Prospector, Australia
      Check out these two new "in-the-field" videos taken during product testing in Africa.
      The first video shows the ultra-high sensitivity of the GOLD MONSTER 1000 on small pieces of gold in Mali, Africa.
      The second video shows the GOLD MONSTER 1000 picking up small traces of gold inside a quartz specimen in Sudan, Africa.
      Further product information will be provided with upcoming reviews in the USA GPAA magazine and via Minelab's Treasure Talk blog.
      *Initial availability may be limited in some regions due to the unexpected high demand. Please contact your local dealer for specific price and availability information. We will be doing our best to get detectors into the hands of our valued customers as soon as we possibly can.
    • By phoenix
      I have bought the last three major releases from Minelab on the first day but I`m not jumping in on the first day with the Monster.    When I first got the 2300 I used it almost exclusively for about 6 months and found over 1000 pieces of gold with it for an average weight of 0.1318 gram per piece.  My biggest piece with the 2300 was a speci with 10.75 grams of gold.  But the thing that finally wore me down with the 2300 was the amount of birdshot you get in Victoria.   The first day I used the 2300 I got about 40 bird shot and I think five pieces of gold. The birdshot has taken all the enjoyment out of the 2300 for me.
      What I would really like to see in the Gold Monster 1000 is that the discrimination rejects most of the birdshot.   I realize that`s probably a big ask, but with the amount of money Minelab throw at R&D maybe they have come up with someway to do it.     This is a very small sample of the birdshot I have recovered.  cheers Dave

• By Ridge Runner
      Chris G. on the Outback Forum said he got a email from Minelab and they told him that the US won't see GM 1000 maybe the end of May if not June.
      This no Joke and I don't know how many ways you can spell crap but this is crap. I don't think Chris would be saying if this wasn't true.
      To Minelab
      A lot of us have put their money down for a while and I'd like to hear the why.
      Chuck
    • By bloodgold2
      Hi mate, looking at a machine for my son that I reckon a switch on and detect would be a good starter. I have read you have done testing on the Gold monster 1000, did you have any chance to test it on fine gold in species? Say up against the gold bug2? Cheers Dave.
    • By Ridge Runner
      I said I was going to give a review on the Gold Monster 1000. Well the first thing this morning here it was from Rob's Detectors and I guess because I've been blowing so hard about it he sent it over night. Just after putting it together and checking to be sure it worked I was in my van headed for Rich Hill being I have a claim on the east side. In no time I found my first nugget at about little less than half gram. It came in so loud even without the headphones that came with it. My next target was even smaller than the first. I drop it on my scales but it was so small I didn't get a reading of the weight.
      I didn't have much time to hunt so back in my van and home I went. My wife and had plan to go out for dinner but I will get back with everyone when can.
      The only thing I'll say right now is if you got a Gold Bug 2 give it to someone you don't like and do it quick before the price drops out the bottom on it.
      Chuck