Chris Ben

Maiden Run With My GPZ

17 posts in this topic

Very nice, that is some great looking gold - congratulations!

1 person likes this

Beautiful specimens. Those should bring you much better than spot.... Way to go...

1 person likes this

Fantastic start - congratulations :wink:

1 person likes this

Very nice finds there Chris. Well done. Yep....got to love the Zed. Thanks for sharing.

Good luck out there

JW  :smile:

1 person likes this

Well done. Hope you find the big nugget still hiding in that patch.

1 person likes this

Perfect christening for a new machine. So how does it compare the the ATX ?

strick

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, strick said:

Perfect christening for a new machine. So how does it compare the the ATX ?

strick

We'll not to bad mouth the ATX, because I did well with it and learned a lot about detecting for gold with it, but I had been through this wash with the 3 coils and didn't find anything. The gold was either too deep or too small for the ATX. I think it says more about how good the GPZ is.

Chris

2 people like this

Congrats on the new detector, and finds Chris. That sure was a good day, and I think that patch has many more buried, need to get a small dozer out there :).  I confirmed Chris's meteorite, by cutting a window into it, so congrats on the gold n meteorite. I've been nugget/ meteorite detecting with Minelabs since I first got a sd2200 back in 2003, and haven't come close to your skill and determination, It came natural to you...Sorry but here is a bad pic I made with phone of Chris's meteorite find,  need to get one of those macro cameras for good close up pics...

20170212_180327-1.jpg

3 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By DolanDave
      Got out Friday, and decided to use the good ol Boat Anchor 19 " coil on the ZED. After finding the Specimen Gold, and into it 2 hours, my Bungee broke, and I had to go to my backup bungee, and also switched back to the 14". I was using the High Yield Mode with the 19" coil, since the soils here are not to bad, and I seem to get a little more depth using the 19" with High Yield.
      Dave.

• By phoenix
      I got out to Tarnagulla today for a detect and I got 2 little specimens and then I finished off the day with this beauty. I was using the 7000 with JP`s recommended conservitive settings and this sounded like a very deep target.  I was surprised when I moved it about 5" down.  What really excited me about this one was I did some testing and the 2300 can get it at about 8" and the 7000 can only get it at 6". That in itself told me there was a fair bit of gold in it. I suspect a 5000 would struggle to hear it.  This speci is predominately quartz but it has a thin layer of ironstone around it.  In the first 2 photos are the only two pieces that are readily visible but under high magnification there are at least 100 pinpoints of gold visible all around it.   I have no idea how much the ironstone mucks up the SG, but the sg for quartz says there is 28.649 grams of gold in this piece.   I`m not going to drop this one in acid till my mate waves his 5000 over it. I`m hoping there is going to be a heap of gold visible once the ironstone is gone.  cheers Dave

• By Northeast
      So some of you may have seen my piece I put in the thread about 'What are your detecting goals' as I was happy I had reached the goal of getting a nugget over 1 gram (it's sad but you have to start somewhere ).
      Well 24 hours later and I've got another. 
      11 grams is the big one. 6 is the littler one. And 3 smallies which have been my standard fare.  
      Its been a beautiful weekend here in Northeast Victoria for Easter. These beauties have topped it off. 
      Happy Easter everyone. 

• By phoenix
      This is a specimen I got last week with the 7000 and 14" coil at about 5-6" and it readily sticks to a magnet. The total weight of this piece is 0.85 gram so there is not a hell of a lot of gold in it, and I figured the 19" coil would struggle to hear it, but with JP`s deep gold settings, the 19 can hear it about 4" away .  It should look good when it`s been acid cleaned.

• By bloodgold2
      Hi all, just thought I would share my find for my first day detecting of 2017, nothing big, but it's a start  Cheers Dave.

• By Bear
      Today I went to an area that I recently gained access to.  I looked at imagery to see where the old workings are.  I picked a spot where a drag line and wash plant had been though.  As I was driving in I noticed a lot of the ground had all of the rocks racked off.  I figured who ever did it had to have found something.  So the tailings will have to wait.
      I decided to run the SDC 2300 over that ground.  After digging the 10th piece of shot I got another signal about a foot away from one I just dug.  It was real hard to pinpoint and find but the sun hit it right on the coil and I knew it was a little piece.  Finally I found a nugget in New Mexico.  Nothing like others recently on the forum but I was pretty jazzed.  My first desert piece.