Meteorite Locations In Arizona And New Mexico

Steve,

A neat thing also on the metbul is when you select map all on google earth, as shown in picture...

Dave.

1.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, I saw that, but you need to change the number of listings per page to more than fifty to get a single kml with all the locations in it, or make single kml files for each fifty listings and load them all into Google Earth one at a time. Easier to change the listings per page first before generating the kml.

Great resource for sure. Just like gold go look where meteorites have been found before in numbers to increase your odds.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Years ago when I did my maps of meteorite finds I got EVERYTHING by state?  I don't remember now.  

What I do remember is that there were so many I had to turn them off by un-clicking them in Google Earth.  Now that hard drive has crashed and I don't know how to get them and some other files back current or added to my history.

There is a backup for that drive but I think it is zipped or compressed and I don't have that computer working for a restore.  Do you think I can search that external backup drive for kml and import them into my current running Google Earth?

Mitchel