Nokta Detectors

Pre-release - Brace For Impact :-)

15 posts in this topic

Nokta Impact. Now that it's released

I guess Steve will have been one of the experts with the privilege of testing the new Nokta Impact.

Can you tell us how the performance is compared to a CTX, regarding Depth and ID reliability?

Cheers, Tino

Hello Tino,

It is my understanding from your previous posts at http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/2186-the-new-nokta-impact-good-for-gold/ that you represent "a group of mixed prospectors / coin / jewelry hunters from Switzerland". I take it then you are interested more in an all around do-it-all detector rather than a dedicated prospecting detector.

For people that only prospect for gold, I highly recommend using detectors made specifically for gold prospecting. Multi purpose machines offer nothing of practical value for those wishing to prospect for gold. In fact they usually offer extraneous features that complicate things and drive up the cost of the machine needlessly. That would be the case with the Nokta Impact.

There are of course others like yourself who want to do both coin/jewelry and relic detecting and prospect for gold. I actually suggest you use two detectors, one for coin/jewlery and relic detecting, and one for prospecting. That is how I do it personally - I use specific machines for specific tasks.

However, I do understand that for many people having one machine for all their desires is a goal, and with today's machines you can get very close to do-it-all performance in one detector. The exception would be for prospectors in very bad ground where PI type detectors are a requirement. There are no "do-it-all" replacements for high power PI prospecting detectors unless one wants to count machines like the TDI and ATX as do it all PI detectors.

As explained earlier in this thread I only obtained a Nokta Impact a month ago. Weather has prevented me from doing more than issue a preliminary evaluation of the machine, presented earlier in this thread. The Nokta Impact is certainly a worthy competitor in the all around category. Beyond that though I just downloaded the latest update, and am looking at fresh snow out my window. I personally do not want to waste time repeating comparisons over and over and so I am waiting on the DEUS V4 update still. The Minelab GM1000 is due soon. I would rather have them all on hand for much of what I want to do than having to waste time testing and retesting units. The weather needs to improve, and I have family business to attend to. More importantly, I am in no rush to make judgements until I have had sufficient time to do so. At this time I have no firm opinions to offer on the CTX 3030 versus the Impact other than to tell you I have used them side by side for a short time and they are competitive. If I had to grab one tomorrow to go look for little gold nuggets I would grab the Impact with 7.5" x 4" DD coil running at 20 kHz.

I will update this thread with information on the Nokta Impact as regards gold prospecting as I gather more information. That will be a bit slow in coming. More information and details regarding the overall capability and features of the machine are being presented on the Coin & Relic Forum on this thread.

I am sorry I can't offer you more than that at this time, but I have a lot on my plate and the weather in particular is not cooperating. Others will now doubt beat me to the punch posting on other forums as regards the Impact and CTX for coin and relic detecting, and that is just fine. I have been listing such posts on the other thread.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

At this time I have no firm opinions to offer on the CTX 3030 versus the Impact other than to tell you I have used them side by side for a short time and they are competitive.

Thanks much Steve,

You got it right: We are prospecting gold in the mountains PLUS we dig for everything of human provenance in flat areas as Europe has been visited by mankind for quite some time.

Me and and some of my buddies do already own Makro Gold Racer, using it mainly in the Swiss Alps, thus following your advice : )

English is not my native tongue, but the question was really regarding a direct comparison Nokta Impact to a CTX, regarding depth and ID reliability. Thanks so far...

Cheers from Switzerland, Tino

58af54bb07544_alpflix.thumb.jpg.79cf4e971ba68957a4ddcd6553a3c54b.jpg

10 minutes ago, Zampano said:

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

At this time I have no firm opinions to offer on the CTX 3030 versus the Impact other than to tell you I have used them side by side for a short time and they are competitive.

Thanks much Steve,

You got it right: We are prospecting gold in the mountains PLUS we dig for everything of human provenance in flat areas as Europe has been visited by mankind for quite some time.

Me and and some of my buddies do already own Makro Gold Racer, using it mainly in the Swiss Alps, thus following your advice : )

English is not my native tongue, but the question was really regarding a direct comparison Nokta Impact to a CTX, regarding depth and ID reliability. Thanks so far...

Hello Tino,

Yes, I understood the question. I simply do not have enough data to answer it with any degree of confidence at this time. What small time I spent comparing found targets both machines could locate items that the other found first. As in many matters it may depend on the ground mineralization as to which is superior. I doubt the Impact will match the CTX for ID reliability - it is much like the other Nokta/Makro units when it comes to "upscaling" deep targets. On the other hand the Impact is more like a DEUS than a CTX when it comes to pulling targets out of dense trash. I can tell you neither the CTX or Impact will match the Gold Racer for small gold capability.

You live in an incredibly beautiful country! It reminds me of home in Alaska.

1 person likes this

fully agree : )

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Tnsharpshooter
      Some folks may be wondering if this detector works or not.
      It does.
      This site,,I had hunted 5years ago,,using another detector and a stock sized coil.
      Only used the smallest coil on Impact here today.
      Rough site too with nails and junk.
      Limited my digging to just the higher conductors, or at least tried to.
      Btw,safety pin was an incidental dig found with coin.

• By Ridge Runner
      We have been hearing about every detector other than Nokta Impact. I've been sitting here waiting and waiting to hear from them.
      Nokta it's time you let the cat out of the bag and show us a little .Do like White's been doing just show a little of at a time.
      Oh the Nokta Fors Gold Plus is all Plus.
      Chuck

PS Cat and metal detector is one of the same.( It's hit the market )

LATEST INFORMATION HERE: http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/1303-new-nokta-impact-metal-detector/

• By Steve Herschbach

The new Nokta IMPACT is a 3-frequency device (5kHz/14kHz/20kHz) combining  multiple detectors  and enabling a unique yet easy-to-use detector experience for new to experienced detectorists.
      NOTE - THIS IS AN OLDER THREAD. The latest information on the Nokta Impact may be found here.
      Impact Features:
      12 Search Modes (2 non-motion, 2 all metal, 8 discrimination modes)
      Advanced Discrimination & Unmasking Ability
      Online Firmware Updates
      Optional 2.4 GHz Wireless Headphones
      Vibration
      LED Flashlight
      As well as all the settings users need:  Ground Balance with 3 Options (Automatic/Manual /Tracking), Notch Filter, Tone Break, Iron Audio (Fe Vol.),Audio Tone (150Hz-700Hz), iSAT, ,Magnetic Mineralization Indicator, Audio Boost, ID Normalization, Target ID Depth Level, Backlight, Factory Defaults/Save
      PRICING AND AVAILABILITY 
      11000701 IMPACT STANDARD PACKAGE  MSRP: $849 USD
      Includes: Waterproof IM28 - DD Search Coil  28 cm x 18 cm (11'' x 7''), Headphones, 4 x AA Alkaline Batteries, USB Cable
      11000702 IMPACT PRO PACKAGE  MSRP: $999 USD
      Includes: Waterproof IM28 - DD Search Coil  28 cm x 18 cm (11'' x 7''), Waterproof IM19 - DD Search Coil  19 cm x 10 cm (7.5'' x 4''), Headphones, Carrying Bag, Protective Covers, Stand, Extra Lower Shaft, AC & Car Charger, 4 x AA Rechargeable Batteries, USB Cable
      Optional Search Coils:
      Waterproof IM40 - DD Search Coil  40 cm x 35 cm (15.5'' x 14'') 
      Waterproof IM24 - DD Search Coil 24cm x 13cm (9.5'' x 5")
      We are now taking the pre-orders from dealers and product will start shipping to dealers the 3rd week of March.  We will ship the orders to dealers in the order they are received. 
      Should you have any questions regarding the product, please do not hesitate to contact me.
      Regards,

Nokta had the new Impact prototype on display at a trade show in Paris and some photos showed up on Facebook. The machine is a prototype under development so you can expect changes but it is close enough in the major details they decided to show it off. Note that this is not a nugget detecting machine but a general purpose detector. It no doubt can find gold nuggets like every decent detector these days but it is not something I expect will have any "impact" on the nugget detecting scene. Still it may be a nice machine for those who want to do it all including a nugget hunt now and then. Probably next year before release I am guessing.

• By Steve Herschbach

Dear Valued Members:
      We are proud to announce the new IMPACT, that has been tested in 5 continents by more than 30 engineers, experts and users!
      IMPACT is a 3-frequency device (5kHz/14kHz/20kHz) combining  multiple detectors  and enabling a unique yet easy-to-use detector experience for new to experienced detectorists.
      Impact Features:
      12 Search Modes (2 non-motion, 2 all metal, 8 discrimination modes)
      Advanced Discrimination & Unmasking Ability
      Online Firmware Updates
      Optional 2.4 GHz Wireless Headphones
      Vibration
      LED Flashlight
      Operating Frequency: 5kHz - 14kHz - 20kHz Warranty: 2 years Weight: 1.8 kg (4 lbs.) including search coil and batteries 12 Search Modes: 2 Non-motion Modes (with audio discrimination) 2 All Metal Modes (with audio discrimination) 8 Discrimination Modes - 2 Tone / 3 Tone / 4 Tones / 99 Tones / Deep / Conductive Ground / VLX1 and VLX Ground Balance with 3 Options: Automatic, Manual, Tracking Notch Filter: Discriminates single or multiple Target IDs of unwanted metals by silencing them or giving an iron tone. Tone Break: Adjusts the break points of the target response tones on the Target ID range. Iron Audio (Fe Vol): Turns off or adjusts the volume of the low iron tone Audio Tone: Changes the frequency of target and threshold tones (150Hz - 700Hz). iSAT: Allows for a stable operation of the device by eliminating false signals caused by high mineralization and hot rocks in the all metal and discrimination modes as well as eliminating threshold drifts caused by ground and temperature changes in the static modes. Magnetic Mineralization Indicator: Shows mineralization intensity of the ground. Extra features at the push of a button: Audio Boost, ID Normalization, Target ID Depth Level. Backlight (Bright) FD / Save: Easily saves your settings or restores factory defaults. PRICING AND AVAILABILITY 
      11000701 IMPACT STANDARD PACKAGE  MSRP: $849 USD
      Includes: Waterproof IM28 - DD Search Coil  28 cm x 18 cm (11'' x 7''), Headphones, 4 x AA Alkaline Batteries, USB Cable
      11000702 IMPACT PRO PACKAGE  MSRP: $999 USD
      Includes: Waterproof IM28 - DD Search Coil  28 cm x 18 cm (11'' x 7''), Waterproof IM19 - DD Search Coil  19 cm x 10 cm (7.5'' x 4''), Headphones, Carrying Bag, Protective Covers, Stand, Extra Lower Shaft, AC & Car Charger, 4 x AA Rechargeable Batteries, USB Cable
      Optional Search Coils:
      Waterproof IM40 - DD Search Coil  40 cm x 35 cm (15.5'' x 14'') 
      Waterproof IM24 - DD Search Coil 24cm x 13cm (9.5'' x 5")
      We are now taking the pre-orders from dealers and product will start shipping to dealers the 3rd week of March.  We will ship the orders to dealers in the order they are received. 
      Should you have any questions regarding the product, please do not hesitate to contact me.
      Regards,

• By Steve Herschbach
      On his forum at http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,121626
      This gives a very rare, in fact as far as I know, never before seen inside look at the prototyping process and field test reporting. Thomas Dankowski is a true "engineer nerd" (I say that as a compliment) and so goes to extreme lengths and detail beyond what would normally be seen. His extremely lengthy and copious notes also provide many insights about what to possibly expect from the new Nokta Impact. Keep in mind things changed from the early reports to the final product so things Tom talks about early on change at later dates. Quoting from his thread out of context could cause a lot of misperceptions to arise.
      The thread well illustrates something I have observed for some time. When it comes to max depth, standard single frequency induction balance detecting technology is tapped out. Look at the struggle to obtain not another inch but even just another 0.1 inch of depth. The main advantages have come as of late in recovery speed and the ability to separate closely spaced targets. Max depth however is at a standstill. Tom's testing just confirms what I have been seeing for years. It is near impossible to discern more than hair splitting differences for max depth between most top of the line VLF detectors these days.
      And now a Report on the Nokta Impact from Keith Southern
      And a Report From Ziggy
      Report from Lawrenzo - Low-Boy/LCPM
      Report from tnsharpshooter

• By Steve Herschbach
      Note added Feb 17, 2017 - Official Nokta Impact Release Information
      The Nokta Impact is currently in field testing. From Dilek at http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,114963,117790#msg-117790
      "FYI - Only a few are out for testing, not all. We had delays due to the cable supplier. More to be sent out in the coming 2 weeks."
      For those that do not know the Nokta Impact has been in the works the last couple years and should be available to buy in early 2017. It is a machine that can run at any one of three different frequencies (selectable frequency) but not all three at once (multi frequency). The three frequencies you can choose from are 5, 14, or 20 kHz.
      5 kHz is a solid coin hunting frequency. 14 kHz is typical of many "do-it-all" detectors on the market and a good compromise frequency for all targets. The main reason this machine has been mentioned on this forum is the 20 kHz option, which is a very solid nugget hunting frequency. I would not say this is a prospecting detector per se, but it is an option for somebody who wants to do it all with just one detector.
      The machine also features good ergonomics, a hidden cable design, and wireless headphone option. Price unknown at this time but knowing Nokta it will be very affordable. Coils for the machine will be new design so no existing coils will work on the machine.
      The following photos are from prototypes spotted on the internet and so changes may be seen in the final product.