Pre-release - Brace For Impact :-)

Nokta Impact. Now that it's released

I guess Steve will have been one of the experts with the privilege of testing the new Nokta Impact.

Can you tell us how the performance is compared to a CTX, regarding Depth and ID reliability?

Cheers, Tino

Hello Tino,

It is my understanding from your previous posts at http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/2186-the-new-nokta-impact-good-for-gold/ that you represent "a group of mixed prospectors / coin / jewelry hunters from Switzerland". I take it then you are interested more in an all around do-it-all detector rather than a dedicated prospecting detector.

For people that only prospect for gold, I highly recommend using detectors made specifically for gold prospecting. Multi purpose machines offer nothing of practical value for those wishing to prospect for gold. In fact they usually offer extraneous features that complicate things and drive up the cost of the machine needlessly. That would be the case with the Nokta Impact.

There are of course others like yourself who want to do both coin/jewelry and relic detecting and prospect for gold. I actually suggest you use two detectors, one for coin/jewlery and relic detecting, and one for prospecting. That is how I do it personally - I use specific machines for specific tasks.

However, I do understand that for many people having one machine for all their desires is a goal, and with today's machines you can get very close to do-it-all performance in one detector. The exception would be for prospectors in very bad ground where PI type detectors are a requirement. There are no "do-it-all" replacements for high power PI prospecting detectors unless one wants to count machines like the TDI and ATX as do it all PI detectors.

As explained earlier in this thread I only obtained a Nokta Impact a month ago. Weather has prevented me from doing more than issue a preliminary evaluation of the machine, presented earlier in this thread. The Nokta Impact is certainly a worthy competitor in the all around category. Beyond that though I just downloaded the latest update, and am looking at fresh snow out my window. I personally do not want to waste time repeating comparisons over and over and so I am waiting on the DEUS V4 update still. The Minelab GM1000 is due soon. I would rather have them all on hand for much of what I want to do than having to waste time testing and retesting units. The weather needs to improve, and I have family business to attend to. More importantly, I am in no rush to make judgements until I have had sufficient time to do so. At this time I have no firm opinions to offer on the CTX 3030 versus the Impact other than to tell you I have used them side by side for a short time and they are competitive. If I had to grab one tomorrow to go look for little gold nuggets I would grab the Impact with 7.5" x 4" DD coil running at 20 kHz.

I will update this thread with information on the Nokta Impact as regards gold prospecting as I gather more information. That will be a bit slow in coming. More information and details regarding the overall capability and features of the machine are being presented on the Coin & Relic Forum on this thread.

I am sorry I can't offer you more than that at this time, but I have a lot on my plate and the weather in particular is not cooperating. Others will now doubt beat me to the punch posting on other forums as regards the Impact and CTX for coin and relic detecting, and that is just fine. I have been listing such posts on the other thread.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

At this time I have no firm opinions to offer on the CTX 3030 versus the Impact other than to tell you I have used them side by side for a short time and they are competitive.

Thanks much Steve,

You got it right: We are prospecting gold in the mountains PLUS we dig for everything of human provenance in flat areas as Europe has been visited by mankind for quite some time.

Me and and some of my buddies do already own Makro Gold Racer, using it mainly in the Swiss Alps, thus following your advice : )

English is not my native tongue, but the question was really regarding a direct comparison Nokta Impact to a CTX, regarding depth and ID reliability. Thanks so far...

Cheers from Switzerland, Tino

58af54bb07544_alpflix.thumb.jpg.79cf4e971ba68957a4ddcd6553a3c54b.jpg

10 minutes ago, Zampano said:

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

At this time I have no firm opinions to offer on the CTX 3030 versus the Impact other than to tell you I have used them side by side for a short time and they are competitive.

Thanks much Steve,

You got it right: We are prospecting gold in the mountains PLUS we dig for everything of human provenance in flat areas as Europe has been visited by mankind for quite some time.

Me and and some of my buddies do already own Makro Gold Racer, using it mainly in the Swiss Alps, thus following your advice : )

English is not my native tongue, but the question was really regarding a direct comparison Nokta Impact to a CTX, regarding depth and ID reliability. Thanks so far...

Hello Tino,

Yes, I understood the question. I simply do not have enough data to answer it with any degree of confidence at this time. What small time I spent comparing found targets both machines could locate items that the other found first. As in many matters it may depend on the ground mineralization as to which is superior. I doubt the Impact will match the CTX for ID reliability - it is much like the other Nokta/Makro units when it comes to "upscaling" deep targets. On the other hand the Impact is more like a DEUS than a CTX when it comes to pulling targets out of dense trash. I can tell you neither the CTX or Impact will match the Gold Racer for small gold capability.

You live in an incredibly beautiful country! It reminds me of home in Alaska.

• Like 1