Official Nokta Impact Announcement

Long story short the Impact will be available at dealers soon, except the word I have is first shipment is going to sell out fast if it's not already sold out due to unexpected heavy demand. I expect it will be awhile before dealers have any just sitting on shelves waiting to be purchased. Early adopters need to toss their hat in the ring if they want one but may have to wait a bit for delivery.

Whatever, no sympathy from me I am afraid for people who are unhappy with a wait. I got my new DEUS in December 2015 for the sole purpose of getting the new high frequency coil that was due out by summer 2016 and here it is April 2017 and I am still waiting on that coil! The trick is just go use what you have in the meantime and be happy :smile:

As far as Impact goes I am waiting to get my hands on the 15.5" x 14" coil as soon as it is available. I think the frequency selection plus superb balance of the Impact will favor a large coil more so than would be the case with other machines. Big coils sometimes "see" too much ground in hot soils and then you have to back off the sensitivity to get them to work, kind of negating the desired extra depth that was the reason for getting the coil. The Impact however you have the option on dropping to 5 kHz with the large coil if you are having issues at 14 kHz or 20 kHz, and that lower frequency will be much better suited for running a large coil in bad ground. The Impact with large coil and it's all metal options may prove to be the next best thing to owning a PI detector but with the benefit of discrimination. Hopefully we will be seeing the other coil options in  a few weeks time  - but no breath holding!

Finally, here is a link to some baseline air test information on the Impact.

nokta-impact-15-13-dd-coil.jpg