Official Nokta Impact Announcement

Selling my backup Racer 2 and some coils on fleebay to help fund the Impact. I did some durability testing on the Impact Standard coil but now I need to get my hands on the detector. 

The optional wireless headphones for the Nokta Impact are the same ones that can be had for the Makro Racer 2 and Gold Racer. They use a lag-free 2.4 Ghz proprietary design and when purchased for the Makro models the headphones come with a transmitter module that plugs into the detector. With the Impact the transmitter is already built in so all you have to purchase are the optional wireless headphones themselves.

The headphones are rechargeable via a common USB type cable and can therefore charge from most common chargers, like an iPhone wall charger or a powered computer USB port. There is also a 1/8" double ended cable that can be used along with a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter to physically plug the headphones into the Impact or any other detector for use as a normal wired headphone. This video shows the model sold for the Makro detectors that includes the dongle but otherwise is the same for the Nokta Impact. It is very possible that people who own this headphone for the Gold Racer or Racer 2 will find they also work on the Impact, but I am not 100% sure of that. I will check and report back.

Here is some accessory pricing for the Impact. Click on the image to enlarge. I did inquire to find out if people who have a Racer 2 or Gold Racer wireless headphone set can expect them to work with the Impact - should have an answer soon. They are the same headphones but it is not impossible they run at a slightly different frequency. It would make some people happy if they did cross over however.

nokta-impact-accessory-pricing.jpg

As you know Tom I am not particularly fond of propriety solutions but I have to admit now that I have tried the 2.4 GHz system it is pretty sweet. I can see why you like them.

Dilek acknowledged my question but said she has to check with the engineers to be sure and would get back to me.

I'm not usually wild about them either but they work great and at $119 you get the headphones too. The new Garrett system I think is higher priced and you still need to buy headphones.