One Sane Man Among Us

klunker

Well Norm, not wanting to be subjected to your harsh judgement, I submit for your approval this monster 4 grain gold nugget I found two weeks ago while out doing some detector testing. However, I drove to a dry and relatively warm location with no snow, and found the nugget within short walking distance of my truck. Your adventure sounds more, well, adventury, and you found more gold. Good going!

herschbach-4-grain-first-gold-nugget-2017.jpg

• Like 8

Klunker, you chose poorly. Like Steve, I selected a location well below the snow line. I had to walk maybe 100 yards to my nugget (also roughly 4 grains). I walked around a bunch after that  and dug a bunch of lead, but no more gold. It was muddy in spots, but I locked my hubs. You did pretty good on the gold though.

• Like 1

Klunker, 

I have been out almost twenty times even in the freezing rain and sleet. I did how not learn that a quad should have good tires and be in good repair. I took two sunny days to put on new tires and do a full tune up. I've only been forgetting things for almost two years. It's also how long I've been detecting. Maybe we should get together and go bowling!

John

• Like 2

You had a double picker (lost your pick twice).  So many things on your mind you forgot to take pictures for us?

I want the one when you slid off the hood ...

Great writing.

Mitchel

• Like 3

Klunker, the other evening I was out lounging under the awning of my RV watching an Arizona sunset. Between sips of a chilled, fruit based cocktail I thought of my old friend far and away to the North. As I languidly stirred my beverage with a little umbrella I realized that your travails are of your own manufacture and therefore unworthy of intruding on my enjoyment of this idyllic locale. With that subject settled I went back to thinking only of myself.....

• Like 6