How Deep Can I Detect Coins & Relics?

Thanks Steve Herschbach

Good suggestion Sir

Let me ask some question .

I already asked this from fredmason that 

How deep the GPZ 7000 with its 19 inch coil can detect the coins

Another thing is what detector would you suggest if i want to choose one between  GPZ 7000 and Makro jeo hunter 3d 

Truthfully, the GPZ 7000 and all handheld metal detectors can detect coin size objects at less than three feet. Personally, I think two feet is a practical limit on most coins under most conditions, regardless of equipment. The GPZ will do very well, but so can other detectors costing much less. Stick with popular well proven devices used by many people for the task you plan of doing!

This video only discusses White's detectors but the issue is the same. For a jar of coins or smaller, any decent hand held metal detector as discussed on this forum is applicable. Larger items may be found deeper using detectors with larger coil assemblies, but they are not sensitive to small items.

To repeat, detectors good for jar size and smaller items are not good for very large deep items. Detectors good for very large deep items are not as good for small items. Small coil, small item, large coil, large item. The GPX 5000 because it can run very small and very large coils is about as good as you can get for doing both things.

minelab-gpx-5000-package.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lunk said:

Greetings Sajuu,

I know that the GPZ 7000 can detect coins the size of a U.S. quarter dollar or larger at 2 feet with the stock GPZ 14 coil, but I doubt that even the GPZ 19 coil would hit a large object like a bronze pot at 13 feet in mineralized ground...maybe at 7 feet. You may be better off using ground penetrating radar for such large and deeply buried items. I've also seen large, deeply buried iron meteorites recovered by using pulse induction detectors with homemade coils several feet in diameter. 

Hello, Lunk, 

Pls sent the GPZ 7000 setting for medium mineralized ground and for Normal ground

and also the GPZ is so noisy with 19 inch coil 

What to do with that ?

There are no exact settings. You have to set the detector for Your Ground and Your Items. This means you must learn to operate your detector. This involves reading and rereading the operations manual and using the detector for hundreds of hours, experimenting to find what works best in your ground on your targets. Lunk can offer you settings for looking for gold nuggets and meteorites in the western United States. They would only be starting points and cannot substitute for learning your device. There is no substitute for practice and experience. 

Here were the settings Lunk offered you at http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/3021-gpz-7000-for-meteorites/?do=findComment&comment=34406

20 hours ago, Lunk said:

Hello Sajuu,

In highly mineralized ground, try these settings;

Gold Mode: High Yield
Ground Type: Difficult
Sensitivity: 15
Ground Balance Mode: Auto
Volume: 15
Threshold Level: 35
Threshold Pitch: 25
Audio Smoothing: High
Volume Limit: 3

You may also have to reduce the sensitivity if the ground is severe. 

Good luck to you!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sajuu said:

Hello, Luke 

Pls sent the GPZ 7000 setting for medium mineralized ground and for Normal ground

and also the GPZ is so noisy with 19 inch coil 

What to do with that ?

Howdy Sajuu,

The GPZ 7000 settings I have already given you will handle the medium mineralized ground; for normal mineralized ground, just change the Ground Type from Difficult to Normal...that's all. 

The larger GPZ 19 coil will be noisy in 2 situations: electomagnetic interference from electrical power lines, or ground containing mineral salts such as alkali. If you change the Gold Mode from High Yield to Extra Deep it will help quiet salt-rich ground. If the noise is from nearby power lines, use the automatic Noise Cancel feature. 

Good luck to you!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lunk said:

Howdy Sajuu,

The GPZ 7000 settings I have already given you will handle the medium mineralized ground; for normal mineralized ground, just change the Ground Type from Difficult to Normal...that's all. 

The larger GPZ 19 coil will be noisy in 2 situations: electomagnetic interference from electrical power lines, or ground containing mineral salts such as alkali. If you change the Gold Mode from High Yield to Extra Deep it will help quiet salt-rich ground. If the noise is from nearby power lines, use the automatic Noise Cancel feature. 

Good luck to you!

Thank you so much

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

There are no exact settings. You have to set the detector for Your Ground and Your Items. This means you must learn to operate your detector. This involves reading and rereading the operations manual and using the detector for hundreds of hours, experimenting to find what works best in your ground on your targets. Lunk can offer you settings for looking for gold nuggets and meteorites in the western United States. They would only be starting points and cannot substitute for learning your device. There is no substitute for practice and experience. 

Here were the settings Lunk offered you at http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/3021-gpz-7000-for-meteorites/?do=findComment&comment=34406

Right 

I have that . Luke sent me settings for highly mineralized ground so i was asking for medium and normal also 

Now i got that i have to practice that .

• Like 1