ATX and Recon Issue - Dead Unit After Shipping

Shelton

Ok. I was ordered used Recon detector, and after shippment from USA to Poland (Europe) unit doesn’t work… you can't power up...

I’m owner of 4 months ATX too, (used twice), and I sold the unit from Poland to UK. After shipment doesn’t work too! Could you help me and resolve the problem? This is weird situation.

I am a supporter of the "zapped" theory. Could they have been exposed to a strong magnetic field or X-rays. Quite likely at least X-rayed. Maybe Garrett could tell you about a possible problem if exposed to either of the above. Sort of suspicious that both not working after shipping.

Ok. I was ordered used Recon detector, and after shippment from USA to Poland (Europe) unit doesn’t work… you can't power up...

I’m owner of 4 months ATX too, (used twice), and I sold the unit from Poland to UK. After shipment doesn’t work too! Could you help me and resolve the problem? This is weird situation.

As far as the Recon not working when you got it, well, you really can't know for sure it worked when it was sent to you.

We know your did work when you shipped it. I am sure it is all a coincidence. I agree with Fred - check the simple things, like batteries being charged, not in backwards, etc. If possible, swap coils, as coils fail far more often than control boxes. Other than that, hope it works out!

Hello Shelton,

I see on another forum the ATX you sent out was fine. The new owner just put the batteries in backwards. Typical. On the other hand it sounds like you got a bad second hand Recon sent to you. Not good. Hopefully the seller will remedy the situation.

Just curious. Why sell the ATX and get a Recon? That is going backwards in my opinion. The Recon is like an ATX that only works in non-motion mode. Not what I would want to use for general detecting. The ATX is a far superior unit in my opinion.

Ok I know issue from Garrett. The pain is power switch...

Recon wasn't for me ;)